Page 1 of 1

I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 20:47
by shadowalk
Hmm, I'm actually in a mood to expand my musical knowledge. I'm looking for a new death metal band to trip myself into. Not really that flashy or ub3r-technical or ub3r-wankery or whatever...and please as far away as possible from that Necrophagist crap...I just want good ol' fashioned death metal that still follows the basic Morbid Angel/Cannibal Corpse/Death/Deicide formula with a modern production.



Some of the 'modern' death metal bands that I like are Insision (still my favorite of this league...a band very much like them if possible), Blood Red Throne, Psycroptic (yes they are a technical bunch but I feel their technicality is 'just right' and I did like it), Severe Torture...and more recently, Insidious Disease. A band(s) recommendation somewhere along those lines would be much appreciated. :santa:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 20:51
by Anjel
Spawn of Possession. Sure, they are technical, but it's damn good.

Winterwolf. It does not really have that new production but they sound hella old-school.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 21:10
by Mr. P
You should already know this one.



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/aeon666<!-- m -->

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 21:16
by vO)))id
I was gonna say Aeon indeed..

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 21:26
by shadowalk
I've have Spawn Of Possession's Cabinet album. Pretty good actually but my attention to them didn't last that long. That Winterwolf band sounds nice, I'm gonna check that out for sure.



I've heard of Aeon many, many times but I've always sarded them giving them a listen maybe because I always thought they were one of those ub3r-black metal bands that Berko and Redd would like. :lol: (the name threw me off...sounds like one of those ub3r-tr00 black metal 'bands' with only one member to me) I had no idea they played excellent death metal! Now that I know, I'm gonna check them out as well. :bang:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 21:58
by Anjel
Spawn of Possession have a second album, "Noctambulant". It's a bit more progressive, you should check it out. Also they are working on another album.



Also: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5158">viewtop ... &t=5158</a><!-- l -->

:santa:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 00:28
by Mr. P
[quote name="shadowalk"]I've have Spawn Of Possession's Cabinet album. Pretty good actually but my attention to them didn't last that long. That Winterwolf band sounds nice, I'm gonna check that out for sure.



I've heard of Aeon many, many times but I've always sarded them giving them a listen maybe because I always thought they were one of those ub3r-black metal bands that Berko and Redd would like. :lol: (the name threw me off...sounds like one of those ub3r-tr00 black metal 'bands' with only one member to me) I had no idea they played excellent death metal! Now that I know, I'm gonna check them out as well. :bang:[/quote]



And you call yourself a Deathchain fan :frown:



Btw. Deathchain is also releasing new album within a month(?).

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 00:55
by Mutilator
Hour of Penance, definately



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/hourofpenance<!-- m -->



and Vireamia



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/vireamia<!-- m -->

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 00:57
by Verbal
bandnames should not be longer than two words

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 01:03
by Mutilator
[quote name="Verbal"]bandnames should not be longer than two words[/quote]



Before that, you should click the myspace links and have a listen.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 01:14
by Anjel

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 01:15
by Mr. P

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 01:17
by Devy
[quote name="Anjel"]Fleshgod Apocalypse.[/quote]



Very much this. Also, Fleshrot!

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 01:39
by Mr. P
Aldo try this.



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/lithuria<!-- m -->

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 09:39
by shadowalk
[quote name="Devy"]Also, Fleshrot![/quote]

Isn't this the band that goes from 20% proc chance to 30% ?GDSF?G?%R$^?%$?HG?Gf proc chance on a 1.4 weapon, so highly unlikely we will see this poison in PVP?

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 13:20
by Uncle Tuna
If you like the more oldschool style then check out Asphyx ...their album "death..the fruital way" is hands down one of the best newer death metal releases in recent times.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 16:33
by FUKKET
Origin?

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 16:54
by vO)))id
Origin is amazing! I've seen them live last year on NDF... fucking hell.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 16:58
by zim
When I saw Origin I witnessed one of the most violent pits I've ever seen :waa:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 17:15
by Devy
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="Devy"]Also, Fleshrot![/quote]

Isn't this the band that goes from 20% proc chance to 30% ?GDSF?G?%R$^?%$?HG?Gf proc chance on a 1.4 weapon, so highly unlikely we will see this poison in PVP?[/quote]



They used to, but not anymore.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 17:22
by Hugo.
You will probably like Obliteration as they are awesome.



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/obliterationnorway<!-- m -->

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 17:26
by Hugo.
Theres a hard-on bearer that posted his stuff on the Nile forum and it slays. He did everything himself too.



<!-- m -->http://myspace.com/exsickator<!-- m -->

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 18:27
by shadowalk
[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="Devy"]Also, Fleshrot![/quote]

Isn't this the band that goes from 20% proc chance to 30% ?GDSF?G?%R$^?%$?HG?Gf proc chance on a 1.4 weapon, so highly unlikely we will see this poison in PVP?[/quote]



They used to, but not anymore.[/quote]

I see. I guess that put some sense in that download link you provided.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 18:36
by Hugo.
The drummer from severe torture sang with these guise.



[youtube]szgyCrodKK4[/youtube]

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 21:32
by xpocalypse
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/tehace<!-- m --> ?

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 00:32
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]The drummer from severe torture sang with these guise.



[youtube]szgyCrodKK4[/youtube][/quote]



Centurian rules.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 00:43
by Mr. P
[quote name="Anjel"]Fleshgod Apocalypse.[/quote]

Holy crap, this shit totally wins!

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 02:07
by Shredlord
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="Anjel"]Fleshgod Apocalypse.[/quote]

Holy crap, this shit totally wins![/quote]

:bang:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 03:47
by Lavabug
Off the top of my head, modern death metal albums that have come out in the past 5-7 years or so:



Symbyosis - On the Wings of Phoenix (just get it, it wins)

Devilyn - Artefact (reminiscent of Insision at times maybe?)

Sarpanitum - Despoilment of Origin (Behemoth/Nile ish)

Lost Soul - Chaostream (their best, very MA-style band).

Emeth - Insidious (much in the vein of Insision)

Hieronymous Bosch - Artificial Emotions (though their first album was better, you will like this if you like the more prog Death albums)

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 06:47
by Uncle Tuna
[youtube]XNChRN79Z7E[/youtube]XNChRN79Z7E





Go go go!

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 15:44
by Hugo.
[quote name="Lavabug"]Off the top of my head, modern death metal albums that have come out in the past 5-7 years or so:



Symbyosis - On the Wings of Phoenix (just get it, it wins)

Devilyn - Artefact (reminiscent of Insision at times maybe?)

Sarpanitum - Despoilment of Origin (Behemoth/Nile ish)

Lost Soul - Chaostream (their best, very MA-style band).

Emeth - Insidious (much in the vein of Insision)

Hieronymous Bosch - Artificial Emotions (though their first album was better, you will like this if you like the more prog Death albums)[/quote]



Sarpanitum are awesome :xx:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 16:59
by M.Bison
[youtube]stjbUV4pXM4[/youtube]



Do these guys fit the bill?

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 13:01
by Uncle Tuna
[quote name="M.Bison"][youtube]stjbUV4pXM4[/youtube]



Do these guys fit the bill?[/quote]





They're not new :huh:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 16:03
by Anjel
Fucking Erland Caspersen. :xx:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 18:48
by Hugo.
A bit techy, but proper awesome all the same. The verse riff should hook you right in.

KC Howard did the drums too.



[youtube]ZdPMXI9qVSc[/youtube]

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 19:41
by Verbal
meh at that, stttc

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 19:56
by Hugo.
You meh at everything thats not Metallica Sepultura or death so your argument is hardly valid.

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 19:57
by Verbal
thatts not entiely true and you bloody know it

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 20:27
by shadowalk
Gleeso :frown:

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 22:56
by Shredlord
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]A bit techy, but proper awesome all the same. The verse riff should hook you right in.

KC Howard did the drums too.



[youtube]ZdPMXI9qVSc[/youtube][/quote]

Very cool--thanks!

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 27 Jan 2012, 23:49
by Mutilator
[quote name="Spirits of the Deep Waters"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]The drummer from severe torture sang with these guise.



[youtube]szgyCrodKK4[/youtube][/quote]



Centurian rules.[/quote]



Reunited CENTURIAN To Enter Studio In April - Jan. 27, 2012

Reunited Dutch death metallers CENTURIAN will enter the We Are (Music) Junkies studio in Eindhoven on April 27 with producer/sound engineer Jo Peeters (ABORTED, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, SEVERE TORTURE) and Ralph Timmermans (MINDPARK) to begin recording their third full-length album, "Contra Rationem". The band's first studio release in 11 years wil be made available later in the year via Listenable Records.



Songtitles set to appear on the CD:



* Judas Among Twelve

* Adversus

* The Will Of The Torch

* Thou Shallt Bleed For The Lord Thy God

* Antinomian

* Feast Of The Cross



Commented guitarist Rob Oorthuis, CENTURIAN's founding member and writer/composer, "The new record should appeal anyone who is prepared to die for his stands. Believe nothing, dare all!!! 333."

Re: I'm looking for a new modern death metal band to listen to.

Posted: 31 Jan 2012, 22:44
by Hugo.
Rob Oorthuis :xx: