Page 1 of 1
BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 05:57
by Shredlord
This doesn't sound good...especially the hard-on bearer from Poland who translated Nergal's blog:
<!-- m -->
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=144199<!-- m -->
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 07:58
by Haunty
For once, I defer to Gleeso on what this might mean.

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 08:01
by Verbal
leukaemia
or lymphoma
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 08:02
by Mutilator
Bad news :(
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 08:25
by Verbal
just for the lol i predict acute myeloid leukaemia
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 10:49
by -M-
It could be anemia as well.
Blabbermouth gives very "reliable" sources - two most trashy polish tabloids and gossip portal

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 12:40
by vO)))id
damn!

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 14:27
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Verbal"]leukaemia

[/quote]
you think? that would be terrible...
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 14:36
by zim
that's what blasphemy gets you

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 16:26
by Haunty
He's famous and has a hot girlfriend. Ripe for a smitin', I say.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 17:29
by Mesarthim
sucks. hope he fully recovers.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 19:20
by Verbal
[quote name="-M-"]It could be anemia as well.
Blabbermouth gives very "reliable" sources - two most trashy polish tabloids and gossip portal

[/quote]
anaemia that is only just being discovered, and has him extremely ill, and about to start a few months of treatment? a multistage treatment? i suppose he could have some weird acquired autoimmune anaemia or something (i dont know much about the treatments). but it seems extremely unlikely. a clotting disorder also seems unlikely imo. there are other noncancer possibilities as well, but they all seem really unlikely (to me at least).
cancer is by quite a long way the most likely imo. leukaemias (and even more so lymphomas) are an extremely heterogenous group though, so he isnt necessarily completely fucked.
i think
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 10 Aug 2010, 01:24
by -M-
Polsat, one of the biggest tv stations in Poland aired the news it's leukaemia.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 10 Aug 2010, 01:44
by Anjel
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 10 Aug 2010, 09:35
by Teresa
sadness
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 11 Aug 2010, 10:44
by Haunty
I'm not prepared to go through the oncoming years of people telling us what a genius he was, etc.

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 11 Aug 2010, 14:59
by vO)))id
I just hope he recovers from this, because I think he's a great musician and has a great band behind him. Not too fond of the last few albums (except ZKC and Demigod), but I really appreciate what they are doing and having seen them live made me realise how good a band they are.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 00:05
by Mr. P
[quote name="Void"]I just hope he recovers from this, because I think he's a great musician and has a great band behind him. Not too fond of the last few albums (except ZKC and Demigod), but I really appreciate what they are doing and having seen them live made me realise how good a band they are.[/quote]
These are my thoughts as well.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 00:35
by Devy
[quote name="hbw"]I'm not prepared to go through the oncoming years of people telling us what a genius he was, etc.

[/quote]
I hadn't considered that. He'd better fucking recover.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 00:40
by zim
we're going to be seeing a lot of nergal merchandise if he dies

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 01:03
by Mesarthim
[youtube]9b5FbNAtZ24[/youtube]
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 01:14
by Devy
You know what's sad? I don't think I have anything good to say about that video. I like Behemoth, but that song is not a single and that video was just weird.
Get well soon so you can make something better!
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 01:28
by Anjel
I like their videos, but I think they are a BIT over-the-top. I liked their videos when you just saw them play more.
Behemoth is becoming bigger and bigger, I hope they don't end up like that Suicide Silence crap with super over processed vocals (and probably the instruments too).
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 02:15
by Loki
That's lame, I hope things turn out well.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Aug 2010, 02:42
by Verbal
[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="hbw"]I'm not prepared to go through the oncoming years of people telling us what a genius he was, etc.

[/quote]
I hadn't considered that. He'd better fucking recover.[/quote]
Maybe it'd be better to hope more people die, so that we can get a few recently-deceased-hyped-metaller periods out of the way simultaneously.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 13 Aug 2010, 15:43
by Lavabug
[quote name="Lumbergh"][youtube]9b5FbNAtZ24[/youtube][/quote]
Hot bitch at 3:29. Theoretical physicist Kip Thorne at 3:32, what the fuck?
I've lost a lot of interest in Behemoth but I still respect what they do/have done. Lets hope Nergal gets better.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 13 Aug 2010, 20:05
by TamPron
[quote name="Devy"]You know what's sad? I don't think I have anything good to say about that video. I like Behemoth, but that song is not a single and that video was just weird.
Get well soon so you can make something better![/quote]
I thought the vid was cool, but I agree that said song is not a single. And it was a little odd that there was only about 2 mins. worth the music in that 5 + min. vid
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 01:16
by -M-
News portals and celebrity gossip portals are full of news about Nergal. Christians are praying for his health and religious conversion, other celebrities show support and there is discussion about new video. The biggest Polish newspaper interviewed Nergal. It won't surprise me if he gets most of the tabloid covers this month.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 01:18
by Mesarthim
that's so crazy that they are
that popular in Poland

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 02:03
by Verbal
Nobody has updated his wiki page.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 01:42
by Verbal
[quote name="nilechat"]***Updated***
Metal Underground is reporting that the Behemoth mastermind has been diagnosed with leukemia. Further, it's also being reported by the Polish celeb website TVP that it has advanced past the point where chemotherapy would be an effective form of treatment and Darski will need a bone marrow transplant. His awesome fiance Doda has donated marrow to see if she is a match.[/quote]
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 04:24
by Lavabug
So... she gave up some bone marrow before even having it tested if it was compatible beforehand?
Or maybe there's no way to tell until the transplant is done?
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 04:31
by Verbal
They need to remove bone marrow in order to test bone marrow.
..Or were you just being silly?
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 04:39
by -M-
I think she was tested, not donated. Doda asked her friends and fans to register as donors. There is ask for help on polish version of Behemoth's website.
TVP is polish national tv, not celeb portal. The biggest celeb portal in Poland <!-- m -->
http://www.pudelek.pl/tag/Nergal/<!-- m -->
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 04:43
by Lavabug
[quote name="Verbal"]They need to remove bone marrow in order to test bone marrow.
..Or were you just being silly?[/quote]
Key word was donated, sounded more serious than "test".
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 20:21
by Mutilator
Damn, the brother s marrow failed :(
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 21:09
by User
this is unfortunate, behemoth are a great band and nergal has incredible energy and talent - good luck to him
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 00:43
by Abzu
I finally got around to watching that video. I very much enjoyed it.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 21:45
by User
i met a polish hard-on bearer at the top of yellow mountain last week, he was wearing all black and a batman shirt and we took photos and all that. i noticed he was not smiling for the photos and he drew his hood over his head. in other words he was looking very grim up there in the scenery, so grim that i asked him if he liked behemoth and he said yes and that he had interviewed them for a magazine or something, and then i said it sucks about nergal's leukemia and he nodded and said "nergal" in a much more badass way than i would say it, and then i repeated about the leukemia and he just stared at me and nodded, then we left in opposite directions.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 22:08
by scarica
that hard-on bearer was so metal

Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 13 Dec 2010, 01:38
by Abzu
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 13 Dec 2010, 02:00
by Shredlord
I read somewhere that Nergal was responding well to treatment, so let's keep thinking good thoughts for him.
Re: BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital - Aug. 8, 2010
Posted: 13 Dec 2010, 03:36
by -M-
Donor was already found and transplantation is scheduled for December.