Page 1 of 1
Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 09:29
by Loki
So far I'm loving the hell out of this. The opening track is great, I'm only 3 songs in so I can't say much thus far. There's very little that Dax has released that I don't enjoy, so I think a preemptive

is justified.
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 16:23
by rhino
I don't like it. dax riggs is gay now
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 21:00
by droidspawn
The new Dax is fucking killer Ryan!
It's a lot better than that second deadboy album with that chick drummer where he was trying to be Jack White.
Would I rather see Acid Bath reform? fuck yes I would, but I think his solo stuff still has merit.
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 04:01
by Loki
I've liked his solo stuff (Agents of Oblivion and Deadboy stuff included in this category) better than Acid Bath. I still dig Acid, but I honestly cannot recall the last time I listened to them and it wasn't Scream of the Butterfly or New Death Sensation. I have to be in a particular mood to want something heavy like that these days, but his solo stuff hits the spot of my ear-stomach the majority of the time.
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 04:10
by rhino
[quote name="jorsh"]The new Dax is fucking killer Ryan!
It's a lot better than that second deadboy album with that chick drummer where he was trying to be Jack White.
Would I rather see Acid Bath reform? fuck yes I would, but I think his solo stuff still has merit.[/quote]
few things bug me about his new direction... it seems he isnt throwing his voice around like he used to, i love his crooning on agents and the first deadboy, some of his vocals were chill bump inducing. plus he had better musicians backing him and WRITING the music. now he writes it all himself, and alot of the songs are too simple and bland for the most part. i mean some songs i do think are ok (no one will be a stranger), but its just lacking imo
i'd take the atmospheric, epic sounds of agents over the poppy, hipster sound of the new dax anyday
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 05:02
by droidspawn
I would take Agents over solo Dax as well. He's just one of the few artists I connect with so well (him, Phil, and Layne) that I just enjoy pretty much everything he puts out.
Re: Say Goodnight To The World
Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 06:27
by rhino
my favorite dax song ever:
[youtube]Ox8Oh1uSCAA[/youtube]
