Page 1 of 1

favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 10:09
by droidspawn
Witchery - Witchkrieg

High on Fire - Snales for the Divine

Black Breath - Heavy Breathing

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Dax Riggs - Say Goodnight to the World

Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie

Kingdom of Sorrow - Behind the Blackest Tears

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance



looking forward to:



Sahg - III

The Sword - Warp Riders

The Crown - Doomsday King

Triptykon - Shatter





disappointments:



Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy



haven't checked out yet but want to:



Danzig - Deth Red Sabboth



Want soon:



new apc

new tool

new soilent green

new crowbar

new eyehategod

new down

new cold war kids

new radiohead





:santa:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 16:29
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
None yet actually :oldryan:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 17:24
by Anjel
I liked Immolation - Majesty And Decay.

Looking forward to MA's, Deicide's (haters gonna hate) and Spawn of Possession's.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 19:09
by bills bro
i don't keep up with new releases ;_;

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 21:12
by Lavabug
[quote name="sade"]i don't keep up with new releases ;_;[/quote]

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 22:21
by zim
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="sade"]i don't keep up with new releases ;_;[/quote][/quote]

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 22:31
by rhino
[quote name="jorsh"]Witchery - Witchkrieg

High on Fire - Snales for the Divine

Black Breath - Heavy Breathing

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Dax Riggs - Say Goodnight to the World

Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie

Kingdom of Sorrow - Behind the Blackest Tears

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance



looking forward to:



Sahg - III

The Sword - Warp Riders

The Crown - Doomsday King

Triptykon - Shatter





disappointments:



Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy



haven't checked out yet but want to:



Danzig - Deth Red Sabboth



Want soon:



new apc

new tool

new soilent green

new crowbar

new eyehategod

new down

new cold war kids

new radiohead





:santa:[/quote]



snales for the divine :redneck: :oldryan:



warp riders fucking jams



also, crowbar goes into the studio next week so album by fall time :santa:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 23:51
by droidspawn
I was drunk when I made this list so I have an excuse :redneck:



I have purposely not listened to Warp Riders and am waiting to buy it before I listen. That like, never happens usually. I know about crowbar going into the studio, should melt faces :bang:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 00:51
by Teresa
IMMACULATE. from start to finish it is great:

Image

add these two, and it's the holy trinity of 2010:

Image Image

good year for people who love gay ass shit. :ba:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 00:52
by Verbal
did kylie have a mastectomy?

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 01:00
by Teresa
She had a partial mastectomy, from what I read.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 01:57
by Ninny
[quote name="jorsh"]

new radiohead





:santa:[/quote]

:interessant:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 20:57
by xpocalypse
The Blood of Heroes

Immolation

Misery Index

Massive Attack

Letters From Silence



this year i didnt hear a lot of new music :frown:

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 23:26
by Mr. P
For me the album of the year so far has been Blind Guardian's At The Edge Of Time. Just pure awesomes from the start.



Biggest disapointment definetly Iron Maiden.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 01:30
by Shredlord
Immolation and Decrepit Birth

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 03:47
by jawn galliano
i didn't know blind guardian had something new coming out. how does it stack up against nightfall or the older albums?

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 11:00
by Mr. P
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]i didn't know blind guardian had something new coming out. how does it stack up against nightfall or the older albums?[/quote]

Very melodic, extremely well produced with very big soundscape. Few songs have the same kind of feeling that the first albums had playing around with the Blind Guardian style speed metal but mostly big long mid-tempo epic songs. If you have Spotify you can listen it there.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 06:56
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
Twilight - Monument to Time End

Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. 2

The Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky

Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimonaes

Burzum - Belus

High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine



no particular order btw





really hoping for a new dso/gorguts this year tbh, but the new krieg will crush too

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 09:54
by Loki
Top of my head:



Dax Riggs - Say Goodnight To The World

Red Sparrowes - The Fear is Excruciating, but There Enlies the Answer

Black Keys - Brothers





That's all for now.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 25 Aug 2010, 10:49
by droidspawn
You enjoyed Brothers Loki? I'm a huge Black Keys fan but Brothers was pretty horrible in my opinion. I'm all for artists branching out their sound and what not, but christ, 98% of those tracks on that cd are indistinguishable to me. They all sound so similar. I've tried and tried to get into it. Maybe I'll give it another spin this coming weekend. Thickfreakness will always be one of my favorite albums.

Re: favorite albums so far this year?

Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 10:58
by Loki
I like it because it branches out. It is no where near my favorite album by them, I much prefer the stripped down blues/rock (and maybe even Dan's solo stuff more so), but Brothers is an interesting departure and I dig that.



Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards





More will come. I just got back from a 15 hour shift so I'm a bit shot right now.