Page 1 of 1

Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 12 Sep 2010, 16:08
by TamPron
I really enjoy this track...I wish Phil had done more shit like this vocally.



[vimeo]14880630[/vimeo]

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 12 Sep 2010, 18:08
by Hugo.
Thats my first time to hear it. Very cool. phil had some pipes in his day. He was a different hard-on bearer vocally in the studio to live so i hear. His later vocals are awesome too though.



I see they poached a riff from this for This Love :redneck:



I love the pre production sound to this.



:xx:

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 12 Sep 2010, 22:54
by rhino
gay song

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 05:37
by Haunty
Yeah, it's a bit gay, but I was pretty entertained.

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 05:57
by rhino
i was mad when they were saying an unreleased track from cowboys from hell, thinking ok this could be awesome, but its clearly something from the power metal recording session

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 06:14
by Haunty
It seems to me like a lot of people sort of assume that Cowboys was such a distinct change from the sound of Power Metal. There's 12 tracks on that album and people consistently listen to what...3 or 4 of them? The rest have the leftover Priest-style vocals. Most likely this one was just too mellow and got cut IMO.

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 06:31
by rhino
i like cowboys, the only song i skip when i do listen to it is the song cowboys from hell



this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 06:32
by zim
i'm glad phil didn't do more stuff like that

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 07:26
by droidspawn
[quote name="rhino"]gay song[/quote]

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 07:54
by Haunty
[quote name="rhino"]i like cowboys, the only song i skip when i do listen to it is the song cowboys from hell



this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno[/quote]



hehe, kinda like me with the song Walk on Vulgar Display.



But yeah, I pretty much expected something like this. I still sorta wasn't expecting it to sound this...watered down, though. It doesn't even fit with Power Metal.

I don't remember what the press release said and I sard looking, but I thought they said it really was from the Cowboys sessions.

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 13 Sep 2010, 18:36
by Abzu
How are you enjoying your Pantera education, Tam?

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 02:00
by zim
here's all the pantera educaton you need



PRIMAL CONCRETE SLEDGE!

[youtube]3DOamgay6Mw[/youtube]

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 04:22
by Haunty
Pretty much every Pantera song>>>>>>>>>the will blah blah

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 05:03
by Abzu
Fucking Hostile is also :bang:

[youtube]eKUX8qaGfWs[/youtube]

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 05:25
by Hugo.
Correct opinions across the board, chaps.

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 06:10
by zim
ONLY FACTS IN HERE



:judge:

Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive

Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 20:19
by Hugo.
MABB SPEAKS UNIVERSAL TRUTHS ALWAYS.