Page 1 of 1

Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 07:24
by M.Bison
Recommend me some good twangy, spaghetti westerny, droney bluesy, country... whatever the heck it's called. :homework:



Stuff like the Dollars trilogy music. The only band I know of that plays a similiar style is Godspeed on F# A# :blush:



[youtube]-aLjup934Rk[/youtube]

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 07:46
by Haunty
Well I know what you mean, and I wish I could think of something. I'd really like more stuff like this to listen to, myself. I'll try to scratch the ol' memory bank and see if I can come up with something.

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 07:53
by Loki
So more post-rock? I think it's an odd description for a genre, or even the title for one. Either way, maybe some Silver Mt Zion. It was a band that stemmed from members of Godspeed. Saw them in Philly a few months ago, very, very good live.



[youtube]qa-ax0wW7ng[/youtube]

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 08:00
by Mesarthim
Red Sparrows maybe?

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 11:16
by Loki
That album that was posted on here a few weeks back, The Fear etc etc, was very cool. I still jam it when it comes time to sleep. Which I should be doing now.

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 12:35
by jawn galliano
hrm, you might dig earth - hex. kind of a similar western-ish vibe to it.

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 20:53
by Hugo.
Slint.

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010, 01:51
by Loki
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]hrm, you might dig earth - hex. kind of a similar western-ish vibe to it.[/quote]





Bees was excellent too :idea:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010, 02:10
by jawn galliano
out of their newer material, the only other one i think i have is hibernaculum, which also was pretty good. i think it was older songs redone in the style of hex :huh:



i shall have to grab this bees you speak of :idea:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010, 02:28
by Loki

Re: Hey! Americans!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010, 04:31
by M.Bison
[quote name="Loki"]So more post-rock?[/quote]



Well... not specifically, just anything that has the same epic feel and big twangy guitar work.



I shall check out this Slint and Carrion Blues. :xx:



Oh yeah dudes... I also like Earth, Hex being my fav album, I probably should have mentioned that :redneck: