Page 1 of 1

Testament's Demonic

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:02
by shadowalk
Fuck them close-minded pricks, this is one of the heaviest Testament tunes ever.

[youtube]xz-P0jsZF2Y[/youtube]

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:18
by Haunty
I've been debating what to say to this. I'm going with "This blows goats, and you should feel bad about yourself."

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 25 Sep 2010, 05:56
by Mutilator
Despite Gene hoglan drumming on it, I never got into this album. From that era, I prefer Low instead.

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 25 Sep 2010, 07:42
by shadowalk
The Gathering is my all time favorite Testament record. I like Low better than Demonic but the latter definitely has its moments of win.

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 25 Sep 2010, 17:36
by rhino
i do not own demonic :oldryan: ::::::::::

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 25 Sep 2010, 19:27
by Uni777
[quote name="shadowalk"]The Gathering is my all time favorite Testament record. .[/quote]

+1

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 26 Sep 2010, 08:29
by Mutilator
The Gathering is great, and more importantly, a return to form concerning intensity. Every Testament from that moment became great again.



People who say that The Gathering is their alltime fave, should explain it, why, by songs, because apart from The legions of the dead, I think it's doesn't surpass the later work at all, because that's also great!

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 19:54
by Uni777
For me it is the overall vibe of the production. The guitar sound with the lower tuning. The more gruntlike vocals. To me it sounds like a Darkside Testament.



But why does a preference always have to be defined. Sometimes things just hit the right spot or not....

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 20:23
by shadowalk
I love The Gathering because that album is just one big kick in the face. That album is just dark and evil all throughout and I just love those damn-heavy-straight-to-your face riffs like that of Careful What You Wish For. I'm a sucker for simple, heavy riffs that do not rely on being ub3r-technical or whatever and are just goddamn heavy. Even on the few clean parts on this record, that dark atmosphere remains and this is something the Testament guys are known to be really good at. As for the guitar tone, well, let's just say it's probably the album with my all-time favorite guitar tone. That superb EMG 81/Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier combo is just free of bullshit and gets the job done very well.

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 00:36
by Haunty
I gotta say, Chuck Billy is a fucking MONSTER vocalist.

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 06:23
by captain twat. IV.
[quote name="hbw"]I gotta say, Chuck Billy is a fucking MONSTER vocalist.[/quote]



Indeed.What did you all think of the newest album?I have it but have only listened to it twice. :oldryan:

It didn't particulary seem bad,just nothing stuck out for me.

Re: Testament's Demonic

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 08:15
by shadowalk
For me their new record is a nice mix of the old thrashy stuff and Low except this one has good ol' Mr. Skolnick on lead guitar. I think the new record is their most vocally-focused record yet as Mr. Billy has definitely shown his amazing ability as a vocalist on a lot of the songs and I appreciate the fact that they don't just rely on the rhythm section to get the job done (I'm not saying that the rhythm section sucks). There's a lot of Electric Crown-ish elements throughout the record but you've also got fruital thrashers like the self-titled track which is probably my favorite on the entire record. Overall, definitely a good Testament record. :idea: