Page 1 of 1

new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:09
by vO)))id
[youtube]_jw7yk8hm_0[/youtube]



really surprised me in a good way, especially the vocal lines by Agnete Kjølsrud are chilling imo! :xx:

interested to hear the rest of this album, since they haven't caught my interest after PEM.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:35
by Abzu
:oldryan:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:47
by vO)))id
you should check her band Djerv :idea:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:52
by Abzu
Perhaps I would like her more accompanied by better music?

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:56
by Haunty
This song has actually started growing on me, which is making me feel feelings and things. I still think it'd be 100x better if Vortex were singing the woman's parts, and if you had Astennu do a nice solo, instead of what the fuck ever that was.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 18:57
by vO)))id
Astennu had some serious Azagthothian influences :xx:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 19:11
by Haunty
That fucker had some fine weedly weedly weeeee, to be sure.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 22:09
by Mesarthim
you're a little late to the party on this one:



<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6734">viewtop ... &t=6734</a><!-- l -->



and this song fucking sucks. whatever talent Dimmu Borgir had is gone.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 27 Sep 2010, 22:19
by shadowalk
Ehhhh I would have liked this song and I can appreciate them trying out different things being creative and all but there's just one problem.

Image

Oh come on. Surely a band like Dimmu Borgir is certainly capable of something better than that.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 00:17
by Haunty
This topic khav need to be improving.



Here, this fixes.

[youtube]KSRCkI6QrMg[/youtube]

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 00:28
by shadowalk
Now that right there, that is just simply why Dimmu can win if they wanted to.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 00:33
by Haunty
Well they obviously don't want to, because they booted the 3 members who made that song awesome. Mustis? Gone. Vortex? Gone. Astennu? Gone.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 01:18
by vO)))id
Don't get me wrong, I really love SBD, It's my fave dimmu album by far. Next to Stormblåst and For All Tid.

I was just so bored with their previous albums that this song is some fresh air to me. I don't have my hopes high for the rest of the album, but I do like this song.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 02:58
by Abzu
[quote name="hbw"]Well they obviously don't want to, because they booted the 3 members who made that song awesome. Mustis? Gone. Vortex? Gone. Astennu? Gone.[/quote]

Well said.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 04:00
by rhino
dimmu shmmimu

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 04:09
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
I think tonight they are playing here in Milano. Of course I am at home.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 04:17
by rhino
i might go see them with enslaved in a few months, but i'm really wanting to go just for enslaved

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 05:50
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]i might go see them with enslaved in a few months, but i'm really wanting to go just for enslaved[/quote]

Enslaved make the show worth it. :xx:



I saw Enslaved with Dark Funeral right before my son was born. In fact, he was there too -- in the womb. :bang:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 07:47
by Haunty
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="hbw"]Well they obviously don't want to, because they booted the 3 members who made that song awesome. Mustis? Gone. Vortex? Gone. Astennu? Gone.[/quote]

Well said.[/quote]



Seriously, Vortex's vocal part at 2:42 is the only reason this song is cool.

[youtube]eAmMcBQavKE[/youtube]

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:22
by vO)))id
yep i do miss those FUCKING AWESOME vocals of his :(



[youtube]iug_koU8as0[/youtube]



starting from 2:30... ALWAYS gives me chills over my spine. Just ... WOW.

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 15:58
by rhino
[youtube]4Rpw_U3aEjA[/youtube]





he ruled in borknagar too

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 12:05
by Mr. P
If you want, you can listen the album for free in this Finnish discshop



<!-- m -->http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/dimmu_ ... rahadabra/<!-- m -->

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 14:33
by Haunty
And...what the fuck do I hit to do that?

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 21:16
by Mr. P
[quote name="hbw"]And...what the fuck do I hit to do that?[/quote]



Hah, looks like they took it off from air.



It should open like this.

<!-- m -->http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/deathchain/death_gods/<!-- m -->

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 00:55
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
the effect of this band one time on me was this: :xx:



the effect of this band on me now is this:



Image

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 14:58
by vO)))id
Hahahahaha! :lol:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 18:15
by Haunty
:redneck:

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 01:30
by Abzu
I played a show once that was held by this local kid and he kept moving the mic to the top like that rather than the speaker. I was like, 'you're fucking retarded.'

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:45
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
I read on a metal italian site that the gig they played last night here in Milano , had HALF the people they had 3 years ago (I been there)



well...all is clear.........

Re: new Dimmu Borgir song

Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 03:03
by Anjel
[quote name="desolation"]I played a show once that was held by this local kid and he kept moving the mic to the top like that rather than the speaker. I was like, 'you're fucking retarded.'[/quote]



:lol: