Page 1 of 1
fake amps
Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:24
by Mesarthim
oh Immortal....
but seriously do other bands ever do this? I'm pretty sure pantera used to.
Re: fake amps
Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:39
by zim
wow, i never knew or would have guessed those were fake. is this common?

Re: fake amps
Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 22:51
by Lavabug
Very common. Slayer do this as well:
Really most bands only mic 1 or 2 cabs (or double-mic one cab) and send it through a mixer. Manowar is the only band I know that actually uses that ridiculous amount of power straight from their amps on stage. All men play on ten!
Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 00:18
by vO)))id
I think the best thing is that they use fake Marshall amps, and actually play over Engl.

Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 00:26
by zim
If I owned an Engl I would proudly show that mofo

Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:08
by Abzu
[quote name="zimberly"]If I fondled an Engl I would proudly show that mofo

[/quote]
Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:50
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
:malmsteen:

Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 07:05
by Hugo.
Didnt queen used to blast through a wall of Vox ac30s? Thats a vintage win

Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 08:38
by FUKKET
Re: fake amps
Posted: 01 Oct 2010, 17:20
by baron von blondle
I've known drummers to use trigger pads hidden behind fucking huge bass drums too.
ubergay.
Re: fake amps
Posted: 02 Oct 2010, 00:24
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
If I would have the occasion, I admit I'd use too a wall of fake marshalls to create "majesty" on stage

Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 02:40
by M.Bison
I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.
Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 03:02
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 03:22
by Hugo.
Fuck yes!

Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 10:45
by supa tuna
[quote name="M.Bison"]I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.[/quote]
Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 11:05
by zim
[quote name="'zilla"]
[quote name="M.Bison"]I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.[/quote][/quote]
qft

Re: fake amps
Posted: 03 Oct 2010, 14:37
by supa tuna
white shoes

Re: fake amps
Posted: 04 Oct 2010, 05:59
by Hugo.
[quote name="'zilla"]white shoes

[/quote]
Re: fake amps
Posted: 04 Oct 2010, 10:55
by Mesarthim
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="'zilla"]white shoes

[/quote][/quote]