Page 1 of 1

death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 21 Oct 2010, 04:32
by rhino
[youtube]AQLd8Jj8suA[/youtube]





:xx:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 21 Oct 2010, 08:53
by shadowalk
[youtube]gNUd3kOvlkc[/youtube]

I can't actually remember the other songs that I liked on this record other than this and the Priest cover. This was my least favorite Death record back then as I am more of a Human fan. It's still probably my least favorite Death record to this day.

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 21 Oct 2010, 09:16
by Mr. P
I haven't listen to SoP in ages. * Goes to cd wall *

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 21 Oct 2010, 11:54
by nigtik
sop is a goddamn masterpiece.

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 05:45
by Mutilator
Not the best, but a great album nonetheless!



Strange that Chuck's grunt went into blackmetal-ish style. :huh:



His heavy metal singing was great imo: I can't wait to receive the Control Dneied reissue with more songs cleanly sung by him. :ryan:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 06:56
by zim
[quote name="Mutilator"]Not the best, but a great album nonetheless!



Strange that Chuck's grunt went into blackmetal-ish style. :huh:



His heavy metal surfing the crimson tide was great imo: I can't wait to receive the Control Dneied reissue with more songs cleanly sung by him. :ryan:[/quote]



i almost can't stand to hear his vocals like that :oldryan:

[youtube]i38m-xGX7io[/youtube]

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 07:27
by Mutilator
Yes, it's very different from his old grunt.



In interviews he said that his voice just changed that way.



I don't know what +/-14 years of using your voice that way will do to it :homework:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 07:51
by Will Conquer
He was always a better screamer than grunter. In fact, I'd place the vocals on their debut as among the best in all of death metal.



As for the album, it works great as an introduction of what death metal can be from a technical standpoint, but as someone very familiar with the genre I find the album pretty boring aside from Richard Christy's parts. Plus it has the usual boring "Death" song structure, which is basically to play some material to the point of a climax, and then repeat.

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 07:56
by rhino
yeah its not the best death album, but its still classic metal from the gloryhole era :xx:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 17:35
by Haunty
True. Richard Christy really made that album, for me. Some of the best technical metal drumming happened there.

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 19:22
by scarica
i need to bust out some Death soon. :xx:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 20:47
by Victor Frankenstein
Death's like Iron Maiden for death metal. It sucks. :grimb: :alien: :alien: :grimb:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 23:36
by scarica
no, YOU SUCK! :evil:

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 23 Oct 2010, 01:34
by Victor Frankenstein
Your gimboid opinion is of no relevance here. I'd rather listen to a dying moose than Chucks copulating vocals.

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 23 Oct 2010, 03:44
by scarica
you're mean :(

Re: death - the sound of perseverance

Posted: 23 Oct 2010, 04:27
by rhino
[quote name="Victor Frankenstein"]Your gimboid opinion is of no relevance here. I'd rather listen to a dying moose than Chucks copulating vocals.[/quote]





omg you're so shocking and controversial!