buying albums that you already have but in different version

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

It rarely happens, but yesterday I couldn't resist :redneck: :oldryan:



Image



40th anniversary edition, 3 bonus tracks and a cool booklet :jizz:

rhino/elektra







it happened to the you? :rshot: :santa:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Love of Lava »

nice ;)



yes ! i buy vinyls i already got on cd.
love of lava.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by droidspawn »

It happens occasionally.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

I happens all the time. I think I have 3 or 4 copies of each Morbid Angel record for example.
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

today I bought also "STRANGE DAYS" (second The Doors album) in that version :brushteeth:



anyway I have some albums in different versions......I own "Shout at the devil" of motley crue in mc,cd remastered and Vynil. :tvrkey:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Ninny »

I ordered Blasphemy made flesh as LP :grim:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Abzu »

I did this last week(ish) with Cannibal Corpse - Vile because I saw the newer version with the bonus live dvd. I'm selling my old copy on ebay.



Also, I am willing to buy stuff on vinyl that I already have on CD.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]I own "Shout at the devil" of motley crue in mc,cd remastered and Vynil. :tvrkey:[/quote]

:oldryan:
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Mutilator »

This would be it I think:



Complete discography's (or as much of it re-released) :



-Atheist -Piece of time 3 versions/2 from Unquestionable presence & Elements

-Death 1st prss/Century media remasters),

-Control Denied (3versions)

-Morbid Angel- 1st press/remasters Altars/Blessed/Re-releases w DVD) Heretic 2cd/1cd incl Bonus levels

-Nocturnus (The key),

-Massacre (From beyond/Inhuman conditions),

-Megadeth remasters minus Risk,

-several King Diamond remasters incl the 4 current ones by the band themselves,

-Metallica (Vertigo/Elektra versions),

-Carcass all first pressings, re-releases & digipack re-releases

-Type O Negative - Bloody kisses (3 versions) and 2 of Dead again

-Sadus 1st pressings and Displeased re-releases

-Creepmime - Shadows (Mascot/Pavement)

-Judas Priest - Painkiller (Columbia/CBS)

-Cynic - Focus (1st press/remaster)

-Slayer - Decade of agression (European/Japanese versions) Season in the abyss (American/Def American) Show no mercy (1st press/digi)

-Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am (Combat/Century media)

-Iron Maiden (Piece of mind/Somewhere/Seventh/Noprayer/enhanced versions)

-Pestilence - Spheres (Roadrunner/Metal mind)

-Nekromantia - Crossing the fiery path (1st press/digi)

-Septic Flesh - Mystic places of dawn (1st press/remaster)

-Gorefest - Mindloss/False/Erase (1st press/remaster pack)

-Anathema - Alternative 4 (jewelcase/digi)

-Terrorizer - World downfall (yellow/bluecoverversions)

-The Crown -Crowned in terror/Crowned unholy

-Against the plagues - Decoding the mainframe/Archtitecture of oppression

-Gorguts - Obscura (normal + promo)

-Bolt Thrower - For victory (1st/2CD version)

-Paradise Lost - Gothic (1stpress/rerelease wDVD)

-Sanctuary - Into the mirror black (1st press/release w Refuge denied)

-Watchtower - Energetic disassembly (Institue of art records/Forged in Fire/Rockadrome)

-Gorgasm/Gorod - Neurotripsicks



and also various vinyl releases/picture discs/discography's incl Peel sessions of Atheist, Autopsy, Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Celtic frost, Dark Angel, Death, Entombed, Iron Maiden, Massacre, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Nocturnus, Pestilence, Possessed, Sadus, Slayer, Terrorizer....
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Mr. P »

Not really. I usually buy the most complete version of the first release, meaning if you have to choose between 1cd version and 2 cd version the choice is not difficult.



I have almost 1000 cd's laying here around and I can't be arsed to remember evryone of them. So I think I have bougth atleast 7 albums twice, some enhanced some same version.
:xx:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

i do this with vinyl :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]Not really. I usually buy the most complete version of the first release, meaning if you have to choose between 1cd version and 2 cd version the choice is not difficult. [/quote]

This is my philosophy as well. :beer:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Will Conquer
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 21:33

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Post by Will Conquer »

I'm sure there are a few I'm not even aware of, but I made a point to buy a couple Megadeth re-issues, with varying results (RIP has a dud or two).
Post Reply