Page 1 of 1

buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 28 Oct 2010, 16:04
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
It rarely happens, but yesterday I couldn't resist :redneck: :oldryan:



Image



40th anniversary edition, 3 bonus tracks and a cool booklet :jizz:

rhino/elektra







it happened to the you? :rshot: :santa:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 28 Oct 2010, 17:53
by Love of Lava
nice ;)



yes ! i buy vinyls i already got on cd.

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 28 Oct 2010, 21:08
by droidspawn
It happens occasionally.

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 28 Oct 2010, 21:45
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
I happens all the time. I think I have 3 or 4 copies of each Morbid Angel record for example.

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 28 Oct 2010, 23:18
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
today I bought also "STRANGE DAYS" (second The Doors album) in that version :brushteeth:



anyway I have some albums in different versions......I own "Shout at the devil" of motley crue in mc,cd remastered and Vynil. :tvrkey:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 00:47
by Ninny
I ordered Blasphemy made flesh as LP :grim:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 00:57
by Abzu
I did this last week(ish) with Cannibal Corpse - Vile because I saw the newer version with the bonus live dvd. I'm selling my old copy on ebay.



Also, I am willing to buy stuff on vinyl that I already have on CD.

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 03:58
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]I own "Shout at the devil" of motley crue in mc,cd remastered and Vynil. :tvrkey:[/quote]

:oldryan:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 08:22
by Mutilator
This would be it I think:



Complete discography's (or as much of it re-released) :



-Atheist -Piece of time 3 versions/2 from Unquestionable presence & Elements

-Death 1st prss/Century media remasters),

-Control Denied (3versions)

-Morbid Angel- 1st press/remasters Altars/Blessed/Re-releases w DVD) Heretic 2cd/1cd incl Bonus levels

-Nocturnus (The key),

-Massacre (From beyond/Inhuman conditions),

-Megadeth remasters minus Risk,

-several King Diamond remasters incl the 4 current ones by the band themselves,

-Metallica (Vertigo/Elektra versions),

-Carcass all first pressings, re-releases & digipack re-releases

-Type O Negative - Bloody kisses (3 versions) and 2 of Dead again

-Sadus 1st pressings and Displeased re-releases

-Creepmime - Shadows (Mascot/Pavement)

-Judas Priest - Painkiller (Columbia/CBS)

-Cynic - Focus (1st press/remaster)

-Slayer - Decade of agression (European/Japanese versions) Season in the abyss (American/Def American) Show no mercy (1st press/digi)

-Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am (Combat/Century media)

-Iron Maiden (Piece of mind/Somewhere/Seventh/Noprayer/enhanced versions)

-Pestilence - Spheres (Roadrunner/Metal mind)

-Nekromantia - Crossing the fiery path (1st press/digi)

-Septic Flesh - Mystic places of dawn (1st press/remaster)

-Gorefest - Mindloss/False/Erase (1st press/remaster pack)

-Anathema - Alternative 4 (jewelcase/digi)

-Terrorizer - World downfall (yellow/bluecoverversions)

-The Crown -Crowned in terror/Crowned unholy

-Against the plagues - Decoding the mainframe/Archtitecture of oppression

-Gorguts - Obscura (normal + promo)

-Bolt Thrower - For victory (1st/2CD version)

-Paradise Lost - Gothic (1stpress/rerelease wDVD)

-Sanctuary - Into the mirror black (1st press/release w Refuge denied)

-Watchtower - Energetic disassembly (Institue of art records/Forged in Fire/Rockadrome)

-Gorgasm/Gorod - Neurotripsicks



and also various vinyl releases/picture discs/discography's incl Peel sessions of Atheist, Autopsy, Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Celtic frost, Dark Angel, Death, Entombed, Iron Maiden, Massacre, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Nocturnus, Pestilence, Possessed, Sadus, Slayer, Terrorizer....

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 10:33
by Mr. P
Not really. I usually buy the most complete version of the first release, meaning if you have to choose between 1cd version and 2 cd version the choice is not difficult.



I have almost 1000 cd's laying here around and I can't be arsed to remember evryone of them. So I think I have bougth atleast 7 albums twice, some enhanced some same version.

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 29 Oct 2010, 22:24
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
i do this with vinyl :santa:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 30 Oct 2010, 01:52
by Abzu
[quote name="Pentelesh"]Not really. I usually buy the most complete version of the first release, meaning if you have to choose between 1cd version and 2 cd version the choice is not difficult. [/quote]

This is my philosophy as well. :beer:

Re: buying albums that you already have but in different version

Posted: 31 Oct 2010, 13:54
by Will Conquer
I'm sure there are a few I'm not even aware of, but I made a point to buy a couple Megadeth re-issues, with varying results (RIP has a dud or two).