Page 1 of 1

SATYRICON Frontman Launches His Own Wine

Posted: 08 Nov 2010, 15:39
by Mesarthim
SATYRICON Frontman Launches His Own Wine - Nov. 7, 2010



Image



Sigurd "Satyr" Wongraven, renowned vocalist/guitarist of the Norwegian black metal band SATYRICON, has partnered with Luca Roagna, a fifth-generation winemaker from Piedmont, Italy, to launch Satyr's own brand of wine. Wongraven has apparently chosen the best wines from the Roagna winery and is making them available with his name on each bottle in gothic letters and black background with an outline illustration of the devil on the label.



Two wines are currently available from the Wongraven brand:



* Langhe Rosso Alleanza Nero di Wongraven 2009



* Barolo Unione Nero di Wongraven 2006



Wongraven and Roagna first met in the spring of 2003 while SATYRICON was on tour in Italy and spent several months earlier this year creating two classic wines that represent a combination of Roagna's skilled vineyard work and Satyr's vision of traditional Piedmontese wines.



"When I explain my role in the process to musician friends who have no knowledge of wine, I tell them that Luca created the songs and recorded the album, while I mixed it," Wongraven told Adressa.no in a recent interview.



Authenticity is the common denominator in Satyr's music and wine.



Wongraven admits that he himself is skeptical when he sees other people lending their names to wine brands.



"I think that people who known me understand why I have chosen to lend my name name to these wines," he explained. "I have made wines that I am proud of."



Image



Image

Re: SATYRICON Frontman Launches His Own Wine

Posted: 08 Nov 2010, 19:15
by Abzu
:xx:





http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature ... eenan_3265



Maynard James Keanan has a vinyard.

Re: SATYRICON Frontman Launches His Own Wine

Posted: 08 Nov 2010, 19:28
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
now, seriously.....this is a :thingy: :thingy: :thingy:



I want that wine :bang:

Re: SATYRICON Frontman Launches His Own Wine

Posted: 09 Nov 2010, 08:33
by User
he looks very different in those photos to when i saw him live ... i still wouldn't buy wine from him though