Page 1 of 1

Warp Riders

Posted: 11 Nov 2010, 14:39
by Meat Engine
Has anyone else given this a listen? After about one and one-half plays, I think it's a damn fine album. It's more polished than the previous albums. The sound is seemingly a little less "big", but there are some nice additions with the keyboard and synthesizer parts. It is 70's style space rock throughout.

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 04:23
by rhino
I love it man, its a pretty slick album. I read that they werent trying to make a "heavy" album this time around and play more like the 70s rock that influenced them



[youtube]E39p-0l11Kc[/youtube]



:xx:

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 04:25
by Meat Engine
They succeeded in their goal. The album is a perfect tribute to that era.

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 05:57
by droidspawn
I love the album. Really groovy and definitely in my top 10 for the year.

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 17 Nov 2010, 15:08
by Meat Engine
I can say with confidence that I have not heard a better album this year. The influences are all over the place. Take Lawless Lands. You have this southern rock guitar sound being played over Deep Purple style organ synthesizer. I need someone older and more knowledgeable than I to pick out everything that's going on.

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 19 Nov 2010, 06:24
by rhino
I hear alot of thin lizzy, in this song particularly



[youtube]3Ugh6E_MR-8[/youtube]

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 30 Nov 2010, 12:12
by Meat Engine
[youtube]5skCnxOMVOM[/youtube]



Video for Lawless Lands. :thingy:

Re: Warp Riders

Posted: 30 Nov 2010, 13:09
by droidspawn
:bang: