Page 1 of 1
Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 10:25
by Mesarthim
[youtube]lOg4bDlZyAA[/youtube]
[youtube]LAcggI2aWBo[/youtube]
[youtube]YjQjLLxWKCk[/youtube]
[youtube]qP0CkT8dg68[/youtube]
[youtube]GiwbzHDJzyk[/youtube]
post some more stuff. it doesn't have to be obscure, just stuff that people tend to not talk about a lot (ie: don't post testament, exodus, kreator, etc.)
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 12:25
by shadowalk
I've always considered Death Angel to be in the same league as Exodus, Kreator, Testament, etc. and not 'underrated'.

Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 15:24
by Will Conquer
I was gonna say the same thing about Death Angel. They may not be widely known, but they're definitely not underrated among those who are familiar with them.
I'll throw "Holy Terror" in as an underrated group. Kind of a reorganization of Slayer's core influences, where 70's punk takes a backseat to Maiden/Priest, but still plays through loud and clear.
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 19:44
by Mesarthim
[quote name="shadowalk"]I've always considered Death Angel to be in the same league as Exodus, Kreator, Testament, etc. and not 'underrated'.

[/quote]
I agree but the fact remains that they tend to get overlooked by the casual thrash fan.
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 12 Nov 2010, 23:02
by Mutilator
[youtube]aK5gCaKA5Kc[/youtube]
[youtube]xLi-4mrLbt8[/youtube]
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 13 Nov 2010, 01:33
by Foxi
Whiplash, Heathen, Demolition Hammer, Overkill (wellknown but still underated in my opinion!), Assassin, Violent Force, Exumer.
And of course CRIPPER - but they gonna change that soon^^!
Greetz...Foxi
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 15 Nov 2010, 06:49
by captainshanks
Cro-mags, when they had a go at doing thrash they were actually pretty good at it.
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 17 Nov 2010, 14:16
by Uni777
I'm missing a killer band here....
DARK
FUCKIN'
ANGEL
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 19 Nov 2010, 06:27
by rhino
[youtube]Mgou7flUKqE[/youtube]
this album
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 20 Nov 2010, 13:41
by neckred
Dark Angel, S.A. Slayer, Exhorder, Watchtower, Morbid Saint
Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 20 Nov 2010, 14:50
by Mesarthim
post youtube vids please.

Re: Underrated Thrash Bands
Posted: 21 Nov 2010, 04:17
by neckred
[youtube]T62Br1gWpbY[/youtube]
[youtube]CGx_lkJsCZI[/youtube]
[youtube]TTeM213M18E[/youtube]
[youtube]7hYywldmT8k[/youtube]
[youtube]StSspxZLe0U[/youtube]