Page 1 of 1

A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 20 Nov 2010, 22:17
by Grudge
At first I thought this wasn't a very good album, but I gave it another try today and there's actually another very good song on it, "The Prolonging". It is 20 minutes long but it doesn't drag, it is really very good.

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 21 Nov 2010, 05:21
by neckred
I like Triptykon, and I'm very hard to please, especially when it comes to newer music, most of it sucks

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 21 Nov 2010, 13:54
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
TGW :grim:



Triptykon rape. Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things, but for the most part the songs are fine.

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 21 Nov 2010, 18:03
by vO)))id
I still think the opening track is fucking brilliant. But for me, the clymax is in the beginning of the album, not towards the end, making the whole a bit less interesting.

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 21 Nov 2010, 20:14
by rhino
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]





my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 14:00
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]





my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album[/quote]



It's confusing too, because Tom has stated that they'd rearrange things in practices (himself, Ain, and Sesa) and then come back to how he'd originally arranged the songs anyway. I think Ain had more of a contribution writing-wise or quality-control-wise.



Goetia and The Prolonging = :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: