Page 1 of 1

Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 08:23
by Abzu
What do you think should be nominated for a meaningless poll?



I nominate Ihsahn - After and Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini







...but I would ultimately vote Ihsahn - After.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 10:07
by shadowalk
The new Fear Factory gets my vote.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 10:29
by Mr. P
So far I would give my vote to Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time.



Biggest disappointing was Iron Maiden.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 11:03
by Will Conquer
[quote name="Pentelesh"]So far I would give my vote to Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time.



Biggest disappointing was Iron Maiden.[/quote]



Even without having heard the new Maiden I can assure you that Atheist's new one was a far greater disappointment.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 15:49
by Foxi
For Studio Albums 2010 I would nominate:



Exodus -Exhibit B: The Human Condition

Unleashed - As Yggdrasil Trembles





As "Out of Competition" 2010 release I would mention:



Exodus - Shovel Headed Tour Machine (Wacken concert 2008)

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 22 Nov 2010, 23:16
by Ninny
I liked Earth - The bees made honey in the lion's skull :idea:

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 03:25
by Meat Engine
The Sword - Warp Riders



[/topic]

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 04:56
by rhino
enslaved and fear factory





exodus - b

the sword - warp riders

ihsahn - after

arsis - starve for the devil

burzum - belus

triptykon

darkthrone - circle the wagons

twilight - monument to time end

deftones - diamond eyes

soulfly - omen

kingdom of sorrow - behind the blackest tears

nachtmystium - addicts

witchery - witchkrieg

kylesa - spiral shadow

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 05:03
by droidspawn
Black Breath - Heavy Breathing. Album of the year for me.



Others worth a mention:



high on fire - sftd

deftones - diamond eyes

ghost - Opus Eponymous

witchery - witchkrieg

arcade fire - the suburbs

electric wizard - black masses

monster magnet - mastermind

triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

defeated sanity - chapters of repugnance

the sword - warp riders

deathspell omega - paracletus

ihsahn - after

kingdom of sorrow - behind the blackest tears

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 07:56
by rhino
i forgot to add nevermore - The obsidian conspiracy

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 08:01
by Redd
Android Lust - The Human Animal

Across the Rubicon - Who Doesn't Listen to the Song, Will Hear the Storm

Unter Null - Moving On

Luftwaffe - Ere I Perish

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 10:43
by Bathsalt Zombie
Ihsahn-After

Tryptykon-Eparistera Daimones

Fear Factory-Mechanized

Deftones-Diamond Eyes

Island-Island

Alcest-Ecailles de Lune

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 11:52
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Pentelesh"]So far I would give my vote to Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time.



Biggest disappointing was Iron Maiden.[/quote]



Really really dig this one. Just saw them again last night, phenomenal show as always!

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 23 Nov 2010, 22:14
by Mr. P
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]So far I would give my vote to Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time.



Biggest disappointing was Iron Maiden.[/quote]



Really really dig this one. Just saw them again last night, phenomenal show as always![/quote]



You lucky bastard! Last time they were here was in 2003 or 2004.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 24 Nov 2010, 06:44
by jawn galliano
aye, last time i'd seen them was '02. this was the first time they'd been back in i think 4 years, but i missed the last show :homework:

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 24 Nov 2010, 08:23
by Redd
[quote name="Aaron"]Alcest-Ecailles de Lune[/quote]



I would like to add this and Sect - Babylon Rising to my list.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 24 Nov 2010, 14:35
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
Paracletus, hands down. Followed closely by Eparistera Daimonaes.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 26 Nov 2010, 20:16
by Hugo.
Fear Factory for sure.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 27 Nov 2010, 05:52
by FUKKET
Paracletus

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 27 Nov 2010, 05:53
by FUKKET
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]Paracletus,.[/quote]

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 06:40
by crumbswamkghoshthber
Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit

Ares Kingdom - Incendiary

Blood Axis - Born Again

Burzum - Belus

Ea - Au Ellai

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos

Immolation - Majesty And Decay

Limbonic Art - Phantasmagoria

Makaras Pen - Makaras Pen

Shining - Blackjazz

Sig:Ar:Tyr - Godsaga

Spiritual Beggars - Return to Zero





Was a good year, hope 2011 is too.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 07:48
by Bathsalt Zombie
I'll also add In Mourning - Monolith

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 18:04
by vO)))id
Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

Ihsahn - After

Drudkh - Handful of Stars

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 20:06
by Verbal
i think belus is the only 2010 album ive heard



and i cant remember what it

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 20:23
by Mr. P
For me the first place is a split decision between the Blind Guardian and Helloween's 7 Sinners. Both album are absolutely stunnishing entities and. Other albums worth mentioning are Hail of Bullets On Divine Winds, Both Avantasia albums, Deathchain's Deathgods, The Crown's Doomsday King.



Hell, I can't remember what came out last year :ff:

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 23:22
by M.Bison
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fear Factory for sure.[/quote]



My opinion of you all just went down.



It's really shit.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 00:57
by droidspawn
My favorite isn't on the list but my runner up is. I vote for Ihsahn - After :santa:

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 01:06
by Abzu
There were like 40 something nominations, so I had to trim it. The least biased way I could think of was trimming it to only albums mentioned more than once in this thread. If I missed any, let me know.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 02:54
by vO)))id
My vote went to Deathspell, with Ihsahn close.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 05:49
by Haunty
Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit

Alcest - Écailles de Lune

Borknagar - Universal

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

Drudkh - Handful of Stars

Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini

Ihsahn - After

Insidious Disease - Shadowcast

MIke Patton - Mondo Cane





* favorites

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 05:48
by Meat Engine
I've been listening to Sigh's Scenes from Hell a lot lately, and it's a contender.

Re: Best Album of 2010

Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 07:01
by Abzu
Adding an option resets the poll :eyes: :shakefist: