Page 1 of 1

Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 00:28
by Mr. P
<!-- m -->http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.a ... A2431C9B2D<!-- m -->



Judas Priest announce farewell EPITAPH World Tour!!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010







After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!



However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!



With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!



JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011 -



9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden

11th June Sauna Festival, Finland

17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark

19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France

22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy

25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium

23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK

5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 00:41
by Mesarthim
well i'm glad I got to see them with rob at least once.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 00:56
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
I already saw them with ROB 3 times. But of course if they will come here again I will see them again, for the last time.



Judas Priest is what i really consider PURE heavy metal. I've always preferred them to iron maiden and to many other bands.



They are legend.



HAIL THE PRIEST

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 04:09
by TamPron
[quote name="Lumbergh"]well i'm glad I got to see them with rob at least once.[/quote]

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 06:56
by Haunty
[quote name="Lumbergh"]well i'm glad I got to see them with rob at least once.[/quote]



Me two.



[quote name="Skintoxication"]respect when a band knows when to call it quits rather than stick around waaaaaaaay longer than is necessary[/quote]



Because god knows that's not the case here.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 06:58
by Mesarthim
well you have to remember that rob wasn't with them for like 13 years or something. they did the reunion thing (and damn were they good) and now they're done. I see nothing wrong.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 07:20
by Abzu
[quote name="Skintoxication"]
[quote name="hbw"]



[quote name="Skintoxication"]respect when a band knows when to call it quits rather than stick around waaaaaaaay longer than is necessary[/quote]



Because god knows that's not the case here.[/quote]



lummo has it.



poison, bon jovi, def leppard, metallica, kiss etc. are still functioning bands for fucks sake. just, why? seriously, just stop.[/quote]

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 10:30
by TamPron
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]
[quote name="hbw"]



[quote name="Skintoxication"]respect when a band knows when to call it quits rather than stick around waaaaaaaay longer than is necessary[/quote]



Because god knows that's not the case here.[/quote]



lummo has it.



poison, bon jovi, def leppard, metallica, kiss etc. are still functioning bands for fucks sake. just, why? seriously, just stop.[/quote][/quote]



If you don't like them now, don't buy the new record or go see them live.



and for the record, I have recently seen met and kiss live, and they both were awesome, kiss show was perhaps the most entertaining i have seen.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 18:39
by Foxi
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]



Judas Priest is what i really consider PURE heavy metal.



[/quote]



I feel the same, Priest have been always the Band that came first on my mind when questioning myself about being "The Heavy Metal Band"!



[quote name="Skintoxication"]respect when a band knows when to call it quits rather than stick around waaaaaaaay longer than is necessary[/quote]



I think they recognized that due to age their abillities (exspecially Halfords Voice) became limited and appreciate that they quit before becoming a second hand copy of themselves!



Anyway it's a sad feeling that another Band I became familiar with for such a long time ( I saw them on my very first concert when they opened for AC/DC ) announce it's end! They definately have been a huge influence on a lot of other Bands and released ( my opinion ) a lot of timeless Songs & Albums!



I think I'll go to Wacken next year, this will be a nice place for the final farewell ...

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 08 Dec 2010, 21:16
by User
no more breakin' the law :tear:

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 09 Dec 2010, 06:23
by Abzu
[quote name="TAM TAM"]If you don't like them now, don't buy the new record or go see them live.[/quote]

I wouldn't need to be told twice.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 09 Dec 2010, 06:58
by Mutilator
Crap :tear:

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 10 Dec 2010, 12:55
by Meat Engine
Judas Priest in the 1970s > any other Judas Priest



I have seen them twice, and they were better the second time. Halford mostly hit the high note from Victim of Changes. I don't know if I would go to a farewell show. If I never hear Breakin' the Law again it will be too soon.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 19:11
by Haunty
[quote name="Lumbergh"]well you have to remember that rob wasn't with them for like 13 years or something. they did the reunion thing (and damn were they good) and now they're done. I see nothing wrong.[/quote]



That's my point. They were together without Rob for another 13+ years. That counts. Rob knows when to call it quits, the rest don't.

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 19:37
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Judas Priest in the 1970s > any other Judas Priest

[/quote]





fucking correct. :xx:

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 06:33
by rhino
i wonder how long halford will go on?



he is 62 now i think, id say he would hang it up all together around 68

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 06:37
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
Glenn Tipton is 62 :idea:



what the hell.........



they realized "Painkiller" when they already were in their 40'.....



amazing band forever. Pure fucking metal, hot as hell. I am very sad for the fact this Era is going to end............

I could not stand that living legends like priest,crue,maide,slayer are going to die........

[youtube]iTwXtHWOK-I[/youtube]





:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 06:42
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
seriously..........



I don't know how I will feel when the old school will be all dead.





very sad really.



I feel lucky to have seen live all the great bands: priest,maiden,motorhead,Kiss,ac/dc,saxon,deep purple,whitesnake,motley crue,wasp,slayer etc....

Re: Judas Priest quits!

Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 18:59
by Foxi
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Glenn Tipton is 62[/quote]



Lemmy Kilmister is 65



All the Bands who started in the 70'S/80's will leave a huge gap when they stop!

Within the years you just became familiar with the feeling (for example) that there's gonna a be a Motörhead Tour/Concert every year to go to! The feeling of kinda surviving them is strange but at least the memories and due to the influence on other/newer Bands the Spirit will never die!!!!