Page 1 of 1
nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 06:18
by rhino
what band or members were super cool when you met them?
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 07:03
by Abzu
Cephalic Carnage has usually shared their beer with me, but Skinless were really cool to hang out with. Chris Barnes is a dick. Rutan is very friendly.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 07:42
by zim
i've had tons of opportunities to meet bands but i just don't have the chutzpah - i did talk to James Lee from Origin for a few minutes, nice hard-on bearer but seemed pretty unhappy
i also tripped Mike Flores of Origin twice at the show (accident, the hard-on bearer is like 4 feet tall)

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 08:36
by scarica
flotsam & jetsam, behemoth, nile. they were the nicest.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 08:36
by FUKKET
Patton and the Fantomas boys are really cool if there's no dickhead FNM fans around or Patton fan-boys about.
Blood Duster lads are funny & friendly (and cheeky fuckers who like to stir shit up)
Glen Danzig was a cunt
Heard from my band mates (when the supported Napalm) that Napalm were cool, but their entourage/roadies were knobs: "don't stay in this area at all, because the Napalm boys might want to walk through here".
Barney later said "fuck that stupid shit... stand where you want!"
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 08:41
by FUKKET
Mate of mine was on a plane with MA back in the Domination tour days was & was in front of Trey, Dave & Pete.
He was an MA fan & immediately realised and didn't want to hassle them He said Trey & Pete were cool but Dave had this snobby "rock star" vibe going on.
The guys happily signed something for him (maybe a magazine or piece of paper) but Dave wouldn't sign anything.
He also said Trey was acting like a kid (not in a dick way) just like young at heart & playing his hand-held game thing (Gameboy maybe) & making fart noises here & there and Pete was just chilling & taking it easy (siesta

)
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 08:59
by scarica
glen danzig was nice every time i got to hang out with him

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 09:24
by Abzu
[quote name="FUKKET"]He also said Trey was acting like a kid (not in a dick way) just like young at heart & playing his hand-held game thing (Gameboy maybe) & making fart noises here & there and Pete was just chilling & taking it easy (siesta

)[/quote]
I'd be willing to bet his maintenance of that childlike state of mind is a big part of his awesome creativity.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 09:42
by FUKKET
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]He also said Trey was acting like a kid (not in a dick way) just like young at heart & playing his hand-held game thing (Gameboy maybe) & making fart noises here & there and Pete was just chilling & taking it easy (siesta

)[/quote]
I'd be willing to bet his maintenance of that childlike state of mind is a big part of his awesome creativity.[/quote]
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 14:05
by Shredlord
Very cool:
Morbid Angel
Immolation
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorguts
Cryptopsy
Dying Fetus
Lizzie Borden (we were wildly mis-billed!)
Testament
Deeds of Flesh
Sort of cool:
Cradle of Filth (Dani was the least)
Deicide
Total dicks:
Six Feet Under
Kreator (actually, it was mostly their tour manager)
Those observations are based on playing with those bands.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 15:46
by Mesarthim
Ben Falgoust was extremely nice and down to earth the couple of times i've met him after seeing goatwhore.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 18:45
by Haunty
[quote name="Lumbergh"]Ben Falgoust was extremely nice and down to earth the couple of times i've met him after seeing goatwhore.[/quote]
As he was when I've met him.
Let's see, who else? Nile (i.e. Karl and George; Dallas never leaves the trailer) has been very, very cool in the past. Spent near an hour drinking with some band that opened for Vader once, but I can't remember their name. Alexi Laiho (of all people) was actually very cool when I talked to him. As Shredlord said, Kreator seemed to want very little to do with the rest of us.
Kerry King is very good people; as a side note, I've got about 6-7 inches on him, but his guitar is still too low for me to play. Zakk Wylde is like a giant kindergartener, and therefore also cool. I met Phil Anselmo when he was with Down (but before Pantera split), and he had a firm handshake, but seemed very caught up in trying to look cool. Dave Mustaine is pretty quiet, but is a nice hard-on bearer. All of the dudes in Into Eternity are awesome. Opeth is chill in person, as one might expect.
The guys in Dimmu Borgir are all dicks. That bitch Otep from Otep is a bitch.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 19:02
by vO)))id
Hate Eternal, Erik most of all - I've also met Jared during the first KOAK tour, he was a really nice hard-on bearer and down to earth.
And Steve Tucker (during Heretic tour) they're both really nice guys and are always open to chat.
2 weeks ago I met the guys from Black Breath, and they were awesome. Got a free shirt for helping them out with their equipment and front of house mixing.
Also the guys from Cannibal Corpse. Alex and George are one of the nicest guys among the big metal bands.
Behemoth and Nile, and I can honestly say: Emperor!

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 19:37
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
very cool:
David Vincent
Mike from Destruction
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 20:44
by rhino
hey shredlord: why are SFU dicks? what did they do?
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 22:10
by Ninny
Evile <3
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:12
by Shredlord
[quote name="rhino"]hey shredlord: why are SFU dicks? what did they do?[/quote]
See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="
forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7606">viewtop ... &t=7606</a><!-- l -->
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:37
by xpocalypse
I crashed the backstage on a festival once and met Daniel Ekeroth (he wrote "Swedish Death Metal")
It was ok, but i'd chosen the girls....

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 02:21
by -M-
Tony Laureno
Karl Sanders
Vincent Crowley
Kyle Severn
Nick Barker
Hellhammer
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 05:15
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
David Vincent was really a surprise for me, cause I've always thought he could be a little bit "rockstar". Actually he is the total opposite. Handsome dude and very gentle with people and fans.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 13 Dec 2010, 03:30
by jawn galliano
MA and crew have always been consistently cool, i've met pretty much everyone that's played with them for the last 10 years outside of DV.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 00:52
by Hugo.
I spent some good time talking to jow dave and Jason from psycroptic, which was great. Fucking love that band. Ive had some drinks/smokes on more than one occasion with cephalic, very friendly/talkative folks. When i was about 17, i smoked a joint and air drummed to 'walk' by pantera with Vogg. (who fucking crushed on saturday night BTW)
Joe payne and I had a pint before the NIle gig in about 2005, great hard-on bearer.
Ive met Dallas too, he's a very chill and interesting duder. I carried his and Karls gear out for them that night.
I was plastered on all the above occasions, so the fact that any of them tolerated my presence speaks volumes.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 03:53
by vO)))id
I completely forgot about Jon Vesano - he was so talkative and cool.

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 04:08
by Bathsalt Zombie
Erik Rutan
the guys from Cannibal Corpse, all of them.
Trey
Tony Laureano
Tony Lazaro
The Faceless
Keep of Kalessin
Decrepit Birth
Steve Asheim
Mike Browning
Behemoth
Krisiun
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 14:03
by TamPron
Off the top of my head:
Erik, super cool, the one time i talked to him off and on through the night, and at the end of the night he came up to me and offered his hand to shake, That will always stick out to me.
Trey, he's a wackaloon, but super nice,and seems genuinely interested in talking to anyone who wants to talk to him
Pete the F33t, nice, but he's a fucking space cadet.
Tim Yeung, Really cool, especially if you mention the lesser known stuff he's worked on, he seemed to open up when I mentioned Agiel
Ripper Owens, you would never geuss this hard-on bearer fronted Priest, just acts and carries himself like a normal dude, really wish I had a picture with him
Murder by Death, everyone is really, and more than happy to listen to my drunken babble ( you gotta get tanked at an MBD show!)
Noah Martin/Arsis, super nice dude, will hang out with anyone, when Arsis crashed at my guitarists place, he's the only one who stayed up with us, the whole band is super cool though, I got permanent geustlist with those mufuggas
I sard thinking of the 2348565 more people I have met.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 19:34
by Jackson
really cool sexy leopard elevator -
gay band
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 20:01
by Uni777
Without a doubt on top Immolation. Goatwhore are super also as are Sickening Horror. 28 days of fun with those guys.
But Testament were nice also. I could make a very long list here...
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 00:38
by supa tuna
dez from devildriver was really cool.
i met kevin talley when he was with chimaira, HE was fucking awesome, the rest of chimaira were dicks though.
devin townsend was awesome. really fucking nice.
some of the guys from mushroomhead were really cool and funny.
full blown chaos were awesome. i talked to the singer for a while right after he got off stage.
all the guys from six feet under were assholes. fuck those guys.
powerman were kinda asshole-ish too.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 00:42
by Shredlord
[quote name="'zilla"]all the guys from six feet under were assholes. fuck those guys.[/quote]
Just about everyone has this reaction to them. You'd think with such shitty music that they'd at least try to be cool to people!
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 01:00
by supa tuna
[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="'zilla"]all the guys from six feet under were assholes. fuck those guys.[/quote]
Just about everyone has this reaction to them. You'd think with such shitty music that they'd at least try to be cool to people![/quote]
haha, but no, they treat everyone like shit, so it makes it seem pointless that they even exist.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 03:17
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
imperial from krieg is extremely cool, talk to him a bit on his personal facebook. he's offered to get me in contact with numerous journalists/smaller label representatives etc when my band's next ep is finally done. never met him in real life but I'm hoping to bump into him soon at wawa or something - he lives about 10 minutes from me. he's also gotten in contact with wrest for me about getting the instinct: decay (nachtmystium) cover art as a tattoo. gotta ask him soon if he's talked to wrest recently - last he'd spoke about it, wrest didn't know when he was coming back to the nj/pa area except for sometime in 2011.
met blake from nachtmystium, he's pretty cool but we didn't chat for that long. he was at the merch desk when I saw them on the opeth tour and he left to go smoke. also met jeff wilson at the merch table too, he was really nice and appreciative that people were buying merch etc.
met trivium back in early 06, during the tour with in flames, they were honestly pretty cool dudes and very appreciative that so many people wanted to talk to them and meet them. remember having an opeth shirt on and some little scene fucker yelled "OPETH SUCKS" and matt yelled out "NO THEY DONT", I was pretty shocked at that actually. entire band signed that shirt too, I have it laying around somewhere.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 03:32
by Shredlord
How could I forget Peter from Vader? We were pen pals for a while (back when people wrote letters...)--he even sent me some hard to find cassettes, so it was great to finally meet him about 13 years ago when we played with them. He was super cool in person.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 04:43
by Meat Engine
I met a few of the guys from Vehemence when they were one of the next big things, and they were cool. Nate, Mark and John were all really personable. Andy, Bjorn and Jason (when he was still in the band) were a bit aloof - they didn't really spend time at the merch table or anything like that. The Amon Amarth guys, especially Johan Hegg, are friendly. Karl from Nile is always nice. I remember the Behemoth guys being real approachable when they were touring on Zos Kia Cultus. The current lineup of Skinless is pretty cool too. I saw them play a show of only around 30 people in a dive venue, but they were totally professional and nice to everyone there. They had no kind words for Glen Benton and Deicide, though.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 05:02
by Shredlord
[quote name="The Fu Monster"] They had no kind words for Glen Benton and Deicide, though.[/quote]
Benton wasn't as big of a dick as I expected...not overly friendly, but not an asshole. I introduced myself and told him my band was opening the show. He shook my hand and said, "That's cool." However, things got interesting later when I discovered their tour van was blocking my car in the parking lot! I hadn't planned to stay for their set as this was a Sunday night, and I had a 2 hour drive home and had to work the next day. I didn't make this ugly discovery until they were about to go on, and was told that Brian Hoffman had the keys with him. Their tour manager said I'd have to wait until their set was over. Oh, I was sooo pissed. I went back to the lot to see if I could squeeze by, but no luck. I did notice a phone number for a towing service, which I copied down. When they came off stage, I went up to Brian, showed him the towing service's number, took out my cell phone and said, "You have one minute to move your van or I'm having it towed." Much to my surprise, he just looked at me for a second, then made a mad dash to the parking lot!! I felt quite proud I that I challenged a hard-on bearer who could have turned me into a wet spot on the floor!
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 07:06
by Abzu
[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"] They had no kind words for Glen Benton and Deicide, though.[/quote]
Benton wasn't as big of a dick as I expected...not overly friendly, but not an asshole. I introduced myself and told him my band was opening the show. He shook my hand and said, "That's cool." However, things got interesting later when I discovered their tour van was blocking my car in the parking lot! I hadn't planned to stay for their set as this was a Sunday night, and I had a 2 hour drive home and had to work the next day. I didn't make this ugly discovery until they were about to go on, and was told that Brian Hoffman had the keys with him. Their tour manager said I'd have to wait until their set was over. Oh, I was sooo pissed. I went back to the lot to see if I could squeeze by, but no luck. I did notice a phone number for a towing service, which I copied down. When they came off stage, I went up to Brian, showed him the towing service's number, took out my cell phone and said, "You have one minute to move your van or I'm having it towed." Much to my surprise, he just looked at me for a second, then made a mad dash to the parking lot!! I felt quite proud I that I challenged a hard-on bearer who could have turned me into a wet spot on the floor![/quote]
You could have just asked.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 07:22
by Verbal
[quote name="desolation"]You could have just asked.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking.
Unless I missed something.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 08:13
by Shredlord
Their manager was an asshole to me, I was tired, I was pissed...fuck them.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 08:20
by Verbal
so i guess mr hoffman could justifiably mention your name in this thread
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 29 Dec 2010, 08:25
by Shredlord
[quote name="Verbal"]so i guess mr hoffman could justifiably mention your name in this thread[/quote]
Haha, well, as I think back (it's been about 11 years), I think he started to blow me off when I told him he was blocking my car. He had sort of a "yeah, whatever" look on his face but didn't say anything. I'm not normally such a dick...
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 16:26
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
this thread has turned into "coolest band you've met"
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 21:57
by Abzu
[quote name="Maze"]this thread has turned into "coolest band you've met"[/quote]
How so?
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 00:55
by Shredlord
[quote name="Maze"]this thread has turned into "coolest band you've met"[/quote]
"Nice" and "cool" are rather synonymous, aren't they?
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 01:04
by Verbal
"nice" actually comes from the latin "nescius".. which also meant "cold"

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 01:04
by Abzu
[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="Maze"]this thread has turned into "coolest band you've met"[/quote]
"Nice" and "cool" are rather synonymous, aren't they?[/quote]
I would like to think so - or that cool should have nice as a required condition.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 01:05
by Abzu
[quote name="Verbal"]"nice" actually comes from the latin "nescius".. which also meant "cold"

[/quote]
Holy shit, Gleeso for a win! 2011 is fuck nuts crazy already.
Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 01:05
by Verbal
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Verbal"]"nice" actually comes from the latin "nescius".. which also meant "cold"

[/quote]
Holy shit, Gleeso for a win! 2011 is fuck nuts crazy already.[/quote]

Re: nicest bands you have met
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 07:48
by Haunty
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Verbal"]"nice" actually comes from the latin "nescius".. which also meant "cold"

[/quote]
Holy shit, Gleeso for a win! 2011 is fuck nuts crazy already.[/quote]
