Page 1 of 1
Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:36
by zim
I don't know if it's just me but when Karl solos it makes me want to punch my ears.

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:38
by Meat Engine
Just you.

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:39
by Verbal
post an example
and what?
[youtube]h7NzWD300vY[/youtube]
first one that came to mind
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:50
by zim
@2:07 - that really sounds awful to my ears
[youtube]SNmC1RP3I4A[/youtube]
some of his solos are alright but sometimes it sounds like he's playing complete slop
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:52
by Verbal
not even gonna listen to that because that album doesnt count and fuck you anyway you cunt
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:55
by zim
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:56
by Verbal
ill take that finger and fondle my anus with it you pedophile
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:57
by zim
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 11:00
by Verbal
that album cover wouldve been way better without the model person and the people moving it
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 11:03
by Abzu
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 02 Jan 2011, 16:23
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
I agree with you zimberly, Karl sanders should stay away from lead stuff.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 01:06
by Hugo.
This whole thread is absurd.
Also, dallas' solo in Unas is one of the best things ever

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 01:08
by Verbal
amadan
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 01:28
by zim
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]This whole thread is absurd.
Also, dallas' solo in Unas is one of the best things ever

[/quote]
not talking about dallas

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 02:15
by shadowalk
I don't really pay much attention to the solos when it comes to Nile. I'm more for the riffs.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 02:44
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="shadowalk"]I don't really pay much attention to the solos when it comes to Nile. I'm more for the riffs.[/quote]
Exactly, I don't do that either, only when it comes to Morbid Angel (Post-Altars of MAdness), Hate Eternal or Nocturnus. Maybe som Immolation aswell.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 03 Jan 2011, 14:35
by FUKKET
I'm not a fan of Karl's leads either....
I'm for the riffering
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 01:39
by Jackson
C'mon guys,his vibrato is fucking awesome!
[youtube]1F681AWzA-w[/youtube]
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 02:42
by vO)))id
I love his slow solo's, they have a lot of feeling and atmosphere to them. Fast parts are also pretty good, but the sweeps he does don't do anything for me, those are really sloppy. (FYI, I can't do em better though!)
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 06:37
by zim
The slower ones are better, I guess mostly what I'm talking is when he sweeps, he needs to stop that shit.

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 07:35
by Love of Lava
[quote name="zimberly"]The slower ones are better, I guess mostly what I'm talking is when he sweeps, he needs to stop that shit.

[/quote]
right
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 08:01
by Abzu
Straight sweeping is simply wankery and not good songwriting. Unfortunately, the majority of newer gaybands don't get that. Fuckin' kids.

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 08:13
by zim
i think straight sweeping is fun to play but it doesn't belong in music. (there are exception though)
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 08:21
by Love of Lava
the sweep technique is ok it depends on the kind of music but arpeggio sweeping is kinda boring

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 17:32
by Hugo.
[quote name="Skintoxication"]moyses does some

sweeps[/quote]
Yeah, but from ageless venemous onwards, thats nearly all his solos consist of. Still an awesome splendid mate of mine.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 18:34
by M.Bison
[quote name="Jackson"]C'mon guys,his vibrato is fucking awesome!
[youtube]1F681AWzA-w[/youtube][/quote]
That sounded ALOT cooler played slower than the full speed to me.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 21:10
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
I am not much of a sweeper-dude, but Mike Davis of Nocturnus is fucking crazy on that shit.
[youtube]7jUpwdkQWCw[/youtube]
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 21:54
by Jackson
This looks cool,anyone seen this dvd?
[youtube]ilzQHD4ehB4[/youtube]
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 22:52
by zim
[quote name="Maze"]I am not much of a sweeper-dude, but Mike Davis of Nocturnus is fucking crazy on that shit.
[youtube]7jUpwdkQWCw[/youtube][/quote]
Maze knows where it's at

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 00:13
by Love of Lava
indeed mike davis is one fuckin awesome shredder his super fast leggato stuff inspired trey also to do some sick shredding like this
apreggio sweeepings fits here for nocturnus as long as he does not overuse it
there are some nice vids on youtube with the yellow jackson warrior
[youtube]YsxxIUP_DDM[/youtube]
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 00:24
by vO)))id
Strange, that video of Karl playing those arpeggios slowly actually shows he can really do it, clean also. Sounds cool!
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 00:33
by Verbal
im not a guitarist, but i dont think karls playing is sloppy
i think it looks sloppy
like, if you watched him play with the sound off youd expect it to sound sloppy
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 00:57
by vO)))id
It doesn't look sloppy to me.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 01:31
by Abzu
Me neither; but, I think the fat fingers can throw off an unlearned observer.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 01:35
by Verbal
ignorance explains everything
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 03:50
by Haunty
Playing sweeps on scalloped frets on a neck pickup is going to sound scratchy any way you do it.
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 04:01
by FUKKET
[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="Maze"]I am not much of a sweeper-dude, but Mike Davis & Sean of Nocturnus is fucking crazy on that shit.
[youtube]7jUpwdkQWCw[/youtube][/quote]
Maze knows where it's at

[/quote]
Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 00:53
by Jackson
[youtube]rvUqKK3_hdc[/youtube]
[youtube]SkyD_hEAkVg[/youtube]

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 02:17
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
[quote name="Jackson"]C'mon guys,his vibrato is fucking awesome!
[youtube]1F681AWzA-w[/youtube][/quote]
:doubleoldscallopedguitar:

Re: Nile Guitar Solos
Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 08:06
by Love of Lava
[quote name="Jackson"][youtube]rvUqKK3_hdc[/youtube]
[youtube]SkyD_hEAkVg[/youtube]

[/quote]
that was
