Page 1 of 1

First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 26 Jan 2011, 23:33
by Mesarthim
for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .



[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube]



I used to really be into bootlegs and obscure music videos and I recall I downloaded this song/video on mIRC sometime in the late 90's.

it took hours to download stuff like this (56k modem LOL) so I was always awake really late at night searching and would have them download while I slept or was at school. I recall watching this one really late at night with the lights off and I don't know what it was about it... visually and musically I was impressed and I never looked back after that.



it's funny. stuff like this is available readily at your fingertips nowadays but back then I remember I would hours or days searching for music sometimes with little to no results. record stores obviously didn't carry stuff like this so it was the internet or nothing (a lot of mail order was only available in Europe or very limited in the USA and sites like Amazon were still in their infancy.

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 00:02
by rhino
[youtube]cKGssVRODd8[/youtube]

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 00:16
by Abzu
"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm"



I think it may have been Dark Funeral - Secrets of the Black Arts.

[youtube]Tu093hkiUMU[/youtube]

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 01:32
by -M-
I don't remember. It was like 20 years ago :huh:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 01:40
by vO)))id
[quote name="Lumbergh"]for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .



[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube][/quote]



This.



And: Dimmu Borgir - Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria

[youtube]TR8-S-g1eGo[/youtube]

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 01:47
by Anjel
Probably something with Mayhem. I think it was Chainsaw gutsfuck.

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 01:54
by jawn galliano
something by emperor, hell if i can remember what song it was. heard it on the radio waaaay back when and as a result, went out and bought anthems.

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 02:56
by Mesarthim
yeah I remember I got into Dimmu Borgir soon after my discovery of Emperor. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant had only recently come out and Spiritual Black Dimensions came out a little over a year of me blasting EDT as I recall. I loved both albums, it's a shame the band is such a joke nowadays. they had so much potential.





Immortal were next I believe. I had seen the video for Blashyrkh and thought there is no way something so hilariously awesome could be bad.



[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]



Satyircon after that of course.



[youtube]PaTX4qd-U2s[/youtube]



just been looking back at my roots recently. although I recall listening to other bands like Cradle Of Filth, Dark Funeral, etc, I never really got into them and don''t really listen to them anymore. oddly enough I never got into bands like Burzum or Mayhem until much later despite knowing of them fairly early on.



:grimgreenie:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 03:05
by zim
this was my first and last



[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 03:06
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
I don't remember, something from bathory and venom of course

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 03:52
by FUKKET
For me it was this i think -



http://www.discogs.com/Various-Blackend ... ase/384446



A compilation that had many awesome tracks on it. I remember falling 'in-love' with Emperor and a few other too.

But I may have got Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz before that, after reading awesome & intriguing reviews on it (when I was getting into occult stuff as a teener)

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 23:05
by shadowalk
If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.



Otherwise it's...

[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]

I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood. :grimb:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 23:17
by Abzu
[quote name="shadowalk"]If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.



Otherwise it's...

[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]

I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood. :grimb:[/quote]

Those interviews are funny and fun.



If we're counting Cradle of Filth, which we probably shouldn't be, my first is actually Dusk... And Her Embrace.

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011, 23:35
by Praise of Death
Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, if we don't count Bathory and Venom ofcourse. It was early '95 if I remember correctly.... :god:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 02:24
by Syysysyd
It was either Cof-babalon a.d. or dimmu borgir-progenies of the great apocalypse

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 04:04
by Love of Lava
mayhem - pure fucking armageddon

and something of immortal

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 10:16
by Bathsalt Zombie
If you wanna count Cradle, Her Ghost in the Fog



otherwise,

Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound and Emperor - Thus Spakes The Nightspirit