Page 1 of 1
-IMMOLATION-
Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 16:08
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Wich is your favourite? UNHOLY CULT for me
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 18:35
by Anjel
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 19:07
by Ninny
I liked Shadows in the Light
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 19:36
by shadowalk
Close To A World Below for the I...but lately, the Immolation record that I'm usually blasting around the most is the latest one, Majesty And Decay.
Immolation is one of those few bands around that has always delivered the win and it seems like they're getting better with every record.

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 30 Jan 2011, 19:38
by Foxi
Currently : Close to a World Below
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 01:38
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
Close to a World Below by far.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 02:16
by lavaBorn
Unholy cult
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 02:34
by jawn galliano
i've never been able to settle on a favorite for this band. between here in after, failures, close to a world below, and (to a slightly lesser extent) unholy cult, there's just too much incredible material for me to make a definitive judgment. the quality kinda tapered off after that i think, with harnessing ruin being the low point in their career (i usually blame hernandez' departure for this, although i'm sure there's plenty of other factors involved). last couple of albums were a definite improvement over that, but i don't envision them ever topping the '96-'02 era.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 03:28
by droidspawn
Close to a World Below with Here in After a close second.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 03:48
by M.Bison
I love the title track of CTAWB, but Failures has something special in it's overall sound/production and ofcourse No Jesus, No Beast and the title track are favourite's of mine.

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 12:01
by jawn galliano
i used to think so as well, back around the time it was new, but UC seriously grew on me over the years. if you haven't given it a listen lately i'd suggest revisiting it.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 14:22
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
bring them down
but otherwise I thought unholy cult was kinda subpar for an immolation record
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 18:19
by RitesOfPossession
Here In After closely followed by Failures For Gods.
Immolation are one of the most consistent death metal bands I know of so this is a hard one for me. I do think Dawn of Possession is pretty overrated though.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 18:32
by Anjel
What? I didn't know that Dawn Of Possession got THAT much praise. I think it's a really good album.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 18:40
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="Anjel"]What? I didn't know that Dawn Of Possession got THAT much praise. I think it's a really good album.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.

[/quote]
Maybe overrated was a strong word on my part but some people completely worship Dawn of Possession and, in my opinion, the step up in quality between that album and Here In After is so big that most of that praise is undeserved.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 31 Jan 2011, 19:30
by Mutilator
Dawn of possession has that great oldschool sound that wins for it.
My vote went to Close to a world below since it's quite catchy and has imo a nice eerie atmosphere.
I don't like the production of Failures for gods though.
When they swapped drummers -I recall Harnessing ruin- they declined a bit to me, but got better afterwards and I'm intersted haw far they will take it qualitywise after the great Majesty and decay album.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 01 Feb 2011, 04:30
by jawn galliano
i wonder whatever happened to eston
and the rest of the new york/new rochelle ladies for that matter
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 01 Feb 2011, 04:31
by TamPron
I really enjoy Harnessing Ruin

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 01 Feb 2011, 08:28
by Meat Engine
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]i've never been able to settle on a favorite for this band. between here in after, failures, close to a world below, and (to a slightly lesser extent) unholy cult, there's just too much incredible material for me to make a definitive judgment. the quality kinda tapered off after that i think, with harnessing ruin being the low point in their career (i usually blame hernandez' departure for this, although i'm sure there's plenty of other factors involved). last couple of albums were a definite improvement over that, but i don't envision them ever topping the '96-'02 era.[/quote]
I was skeptical of Steve Shalaty, but he has shown himself to be a very capable replacement. I just think the songwriting is tired. The overall sound quality since Unholy Cult has declined, too. There's something sterile about it.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 01 Feb 2011, 11:23
by jawn galliano
sadly i don't think he's active anymore. or if he is, he's kept a low profile. it is a damn shame, that dude is phenomenal.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 02 Feb 2011, 07:33
by Santyago
I like very much Close to a World Below, being next the Here in After. Immolation makes great music, an unique death metal sound that involves a dark atmosphere that I appreciate very much.
Their last album Majesty and Decay is also a great album, one of the best of 2010

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 02 Feb 2011, 15:54
by xpocalypse
i like to sleep to Harnessing and Shadows :tvrkey:
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 02 Feb 2011, 16:36
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="xpocalypse"]i like to sleep to Harnessing and Shadows :tvrkey:[/quote]
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 16:34
by FUKKET
:Close to a World Below" is the only one I haven't heard.
I'll need to check it out
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 16:44
by TamPron
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 02:38
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Every album has a quality of it's own. I love Dawn of Possession.
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube]
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 02:59
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="Maze"]Every album has a quality of it's own. I love Dawn of Possession.
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube][/quote]
Immolation are amazing live. Bob Vigna is crazy - he moves around so much whilst playing, I'm not sure how he does it.
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 08:32
by zim
[quote name="Skintoxication"]*does figure 8's with head of guitar*[/quote]

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 11:15
by jawn galliano
bob is one goofy looking splendid mate of mine onstage. highly entertaining to watch

Re: -IMMOLATION-
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 13:02
by Teresa
I agree with "Unholy Cult."
and yeah, Rob is pretty funny. It looks like he's choppin' wood or somethin. That's cool, though, whatever.