Page 1 of 1
Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 02 Feb 2011, 22:57
by Hugo.
I will be at the gigs in Nijmegen and Rotterdam.

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 00:36
by Ninny
I won't be there. You're traveling all the way here to see Nile?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 00:43
by Hugo.
Yeah, me and some friends decided a few months back to do it for the laugh. Gonna see them 3 times in 4 days. Sarcophagus is on the setlist, ive heard.

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 00:51
by Ninny
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 01:04
by Verbal
I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 02:12
by Mr. P
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, me and some friends decided a few months back to do it for the laugh. Gonna see them 3 times in 4 days. Sarcophagus is on the setlist, ive heard.

[/quote]
This kind of trips are awesome! I have twice traveled to see Iron Maiden abroad with my mates and both trips have been very memorable.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 02:38
by vO)))id
Cool!
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 05:16
by Hugo.
[quote name="Void"]Cool!
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.[/quote]
its valentines day
[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can fuck off.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 05:18
by Verbal
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can i love you and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us.[/quote]

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 05:25
by Hugo.
Ive been caught by a few cens0rs today

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 12:45
by TamPron
I would like to see melechesh.

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 17:51
by Hugo.
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.

[/quote]
From what i've seen on youtube videos and heard from folks who've seen them, their drummer lets them down big time on the fast parts. :doubleoldlarsulrich:
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 18:32
by vO)))id
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 19:10
by Hugo.
[quote name="Void"]
their drummer is the one I'm doing uni777's EP with now. Trust me, he did an amazing job on this recording.[/quote]
His drumming on albums is superb, i was very surprised with the negative feedback.
The intro to rebirth of the nemesis is pure win.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 22:17
by Uni777
I think i know where the bad drumming tales come from. We did a Partysan gig a few years ago where he screws up the first blast beat part of rebirth of the nemesis, badly. I know what happend as i was onstage there but youtube viewers dont know the troubles he had.
The entire gig was filmed by cameramen on stage who were in the way all the time. I almost tripped over one trying to get to the mic to sing. One hard-on bearer behind the drumriser kept stepping on his headset cables and was constantly bothering him with stepping on his stuff..
The comments on that video are very bad. And some so insulting it is ridicuous. Oh well.. brave internet warriors.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 03 Feb 2011, 23:36
by Hugo.
I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 01:08
by vO)))id
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 16:06
by Uni777
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul

[/quote]
I'll be going to the Rotterdam gig. it'll be nice to talk to Yuri again. It has been a while since we spoke since january was basicly preparation time for the tours for him. After the euro leg is finished they almost immedeatly leave for the US for 1 1/2 months of touring abroad. I doubt if we have any chance to do some band interaction in the 6 days in between.
Yuri has been doing all the shows since gigging for sphinx began with the exception of one show at Club Rock-it in Toronto where Proscriptor played drums.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 16:53
by Hugo.
AAAaaaaahhhhhh thank you.

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 05 Feb 2011, 06:13
by vO)))id
hey do we need to look out for an irish bloke at the show? How do we recognize you?

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 05 Feb 2011, 06:16
by Verbal
:potofgold:
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 05 Feb 2011, 12:52
by Mr. P
[quote name="Void"]hey do we need to look out for an irish bloke at the show? How do we recognize you?

[/quote]
He is the one who is wearing a kilt?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 01:39
by Hugo.
I'll be in a nile or psycroptic shirt
I'll PM you.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 02:59
by vO)))id
psycroptic? talk about unreadable logo's
edit: nvm, thought it looked different

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 05:09
by Mutilator
How was the gig in Doornroosje, Nijmegen?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 09:26
by Abzu
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.

[/quote]
Me too. In Nigmejem.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 13:27
by vO)))id
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.

[/quote]
Me too. In Nigmejem.[/quote]

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 20:28
by Hugo.
[quote name="Mutilator"]How was the gig in Doornroosje, Nijmegen?[/quote]
There was a mix up there. The dates were originally back to back but then they changed it after we had the plane tickets bought. So we only get to see them in rotterdam now.
Fuck it, two nights in Amsterdam then rotterdam, i'm not complaining.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 05:56
by Mutilator
Ah Rotterdam Baroeg? A small but great metal venue
How where they?
How was Amsterdam?
Did you buy that Nile dvd they only sell at gigs? I'm very curious about it actually...
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 13 Feb 2011, 02:00
by Hugo.
I just got into amsterdam now.
I saw nile and melechesh l;ast night

Unbelieveble.
I'll be wearing a meelechesh sphinx shirt. Hope to see you guys there.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 15 Feb 2011, 06:40
by vO)))id
sorry man, kept my eyes open for ya but couldn't find you

I was wearing a deathspell omega shirt and a black zipper hoodie.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 16 Feb 2011, 01:40
by Hugo.
Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 16 Feb 2011, 14:35
by Uni777
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.

[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 17 Feb 2011, 21:56
by Hugo.
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.

[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 00:49
by Uni777
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.

[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.[/quote]
Told you so. He is an amazing drummer. And very versatile. What he does with Melechesh differs totally with what he does with our band. Which is totally different from his drumming in Thanatos. He can adapt to a wide range of styles.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 01:18
by vO)))id
Makes me proud of our little padawan

Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 01:24
by Hugo.
The blasting section just before the first break in rebirth of nemesis requires a lot of speed stamina and precision. My interpretation is that hes blasting at about 250bpm and alternating from the ride onto a tom and aux snare to form a grove. Fucking impresssive.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 01:38
by vO)))id
yeah, the blasts on the snare go on (left hand) while he hits the ride, between those ride hits he hits the 3rd rack tom (or floor tom?) and his snare with his right hand to form that groove. (tom - ride - snare - ride - tom, tom, snare - ride... etc.)
When he came up with that idea he showed it to me at the rehearsal place... it really really impressed me.
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 01:42
by Hugo.
[quote name="Void"]yeah, the blasts on the snare go on (left hand) while he hits the ride, between those ride hits he hits the 3rd rack tom (or floor tom?) and his snare with his right hand to form that groove. When he came up with that idea he showed it to me at the rehearsal place... it really really impressed me.[/quote]
Ive always preferrred this to Kollias's or Roddy's versions.
Wow, youve known him quite sometime.
Drum geek question: does he use an extra snare? If so where is it mounted?
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Posted: 18 Feb 2011, 02:13
by vO)))id
Yeah, I guess I've known uni and Yuri for about 8 years now.
No, he doesn't have an extra snare. At least not as far as I know, maybe he does with Melechesh but I don't think so.