Page 1 of 1

Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 11:43
by zim
fucking :xx:

[youtube]vjX2AzMVh_A[/youtube]

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 16:33
by vO)))id
his kit sounds so incredibly balanced out, it's amazing.

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 16:52
by Hugo.
[quote name="Void"]his kit sounds so incredibly balanced out, it's amazing.[/quote]



Absolutely, but STILL ive read complaints about the drum sound on youtube comments! You cant win.



I've heard even he has major problems playing Dyers Eve through. :redneck:

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 04 Feb 2011, 17:01
by vO)))id
Well, mix-wise the drums are too up front, leaving the rest of the band behind (in the stereo field).

But his kit sounds acoustically very well balanced. Reminds me of Ed Warby's kit.

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 05 Feb 2011, 00:45
by Mutilator
Great sounding drums! I hope Tim Yeung's drum tracks sound like this.



Too bad he has the typical blastbeat drummer syndrome though: breaks just go from high to low toms; not very creative :(

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 05 Feb 2011, 16:01
by FUKKET
i dug that.

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 06 Feb 2011, 07:34
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
since I first heard ulcerate the drummings been one of my favorite parts, I love his cymbal work and how everythings not just constant blasting

Re: Jamie Saint Merat - Ulcerate - Album Tracking

Posted: 06 Feb 2011, 17:47
by RitesOfPossession
I know technically its not jazzy at all but I get a strong jazz vibe from his drumming, particularly in his cymbal work.