Page 1 of 1

PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 03:16
by Mesarthim
Ex-IRON MAIDEN Singer PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits - Feb. 11, 2011



According to the Daily Mail, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno (real name: Paul Andrews) is facing jail time after he falsely collected U.K. government benefits by claiming he suffered nerve damage to his back that prevented him from working.



Di'Anno, 52, admitted swindling taxpayers out of more than £45,000 (approximately $72,000) by claiming a range of incapacity benefit, housing benefit and council tax handouts, by stating he was to ill to work, between 2002 and 2008. He claimed to be suffering from Sciatica, or nerve damage to the back.



D'Anno was reportedly busted when investigators at Department Of Work And Pensions (DWP) received an anonymous tip that he was still singing. They then found videos and pictures on YouTube and the rocker's own web site of Di'Anno "energetically leaping around on stage, singing to fans around the world."



Honorary Recorder Judge Andrew Barnett told Di'Anno at yesterday's hearing at at Salisbury Crown Court, "You have got the sense and courage to plead guilty to these matters, but you have to understand that they are very serious.



"Although all sentence options will be open, you should prepare yourself for a prison sentence — and an immediate one at that."



Di'Anno will be sentenced on March 11.



Di'Anno completed his first North American tour in early 2010, 17 years after he was deported following a prison term for guns and drug offenses.



"In 1991 I did a couple of stints in jail for guns and drugs," Di'Anno explained in a 2010 interview. "I was stupid. But after I'd done my stretch they still treated me like a criminal. And I was — but I wasn't that bad. So I didn't feel good about America. The government, not the people.



"Prison was tough, but I'm tougher. I was nobody's bitch, put it that way. You've got to do it; otherwise people will walk all over you."

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 04:37
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
:pauldianno:

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 04:57
by shadowalk
Wrathchild!

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 05:02
by Verbal
PROWLER

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 05:28
by Mutilator
No more Running free then.

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 05:30
by Verbal
[quote name="Mutilator"]No more Running free then.[/quote]



There it is.

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Feb 2011, 06:47
by Mesarthim
the prisoner?

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 13 Feb 2011, 08:18
by Verbal
Rediscoved this song in the last 5 minutes:



[youtube]0fx_SuGJ0Ag[/youtube]

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 13 Feb 2011, 08:19
by Verbal
[youtube]D4gCdy0VgH4[/youtube]

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 07:00
by Mesarthim
Ex-IRON MAIDEN Singer PAUL DI'ANNO Jailed For Falsely Claiming Benefits - Mar. 11, 2011

<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=155160<!-- m -->

According to the Daily Fail, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno (real name: Paul Andrews) was jailed today after he falsely collected U.K. government benefits by claiming he suffered nerve damage to his back that prevented him from working.



Di'Anno, 52, was sentenced to nine months for swindling £45,000 (approximately $72,000) in benefits. He was told he would serve at least four and a half months of the sentence behind bars before being released on conditional bail.



Jane Miller QC, sentencing at Salisbury Crown Court today (Friday, March 11), said Di'Anno's public image had nothing to do with the case and he would be treated like anybody else. She said, "Your public persona is not relevant. Your greed has cost this country a lot of money. The claims were for a long time and for a large cost. It must be a custodial sentence.



"In 2002 you started claiming benefits when it was quite clear you were already working.



"It took many years to track you down, in 2007 you performed at 69 venues, in 2006 you performed 67 times.



"I do not accept you only got expenses. I give you credit for your guilty pleas and reduce the sentence from the guideline 12 months to that of nine months."



D'Anno was reportedly busted when investigators at Department Of Work And Pensions (DWP) received an anonymous tip that he was still singing. They then found videos and pictures on YouTube and the rocker's own web site of Di'Anno "energetically leaping around on stage, singing to fans around the world."



Di'Anno completed his first North American tour in early 2010, 17 years after he was deported following a prison term for guns and drug offenses.



"In 1991 I did a couple of stints in jail for guns and drugs," Di'Anno explained in a 2010 interview. "I was stupid. But after I'd done my stretch they still treated me like a criminal. And I was — but I wasn't that bad. So I didn't feel good about America. The government, not the people.



"Prison was tough, but I'm tougher. I was nobody's bitch, put it that way. You've got to do it; otherwise people will walk all over you."

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 08:45
by scarica
daaaaang!

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 14:28
by Ninny
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]D'Anno was reportedly busted when investigators at Department Of Work And Pensions (DWP) received an anonymous tip that he was still singing. They then found videos and pictures on YouTube and the rocker's own web site of Di'Anno "energetically leaping around on stage, singing to fans around the world."[/quote]

:wall:

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 16:38
by Mr. P
[quote name="Ninny"]
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]D'Anno was reportedly busted when investigators at Department Of Work And Pensions (DWP) received an anonymous tip that he was still singing. They then found videos and pictures on YouTube and the rocker's own web site of Di'Anno "energetically leaping around on stage, singing to fans around the world."[/quote]

:wall:[/quote]

Youtube, new channel to catch criminals.

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 19:56
by agony bagony
METAL

Re: PAUL DI'ANNO Faces Jail Time For Falsely Claiming Benefits

Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 20:00
by rhino
i always thought paul di'anno acted like a wigger