Page 1 of 1
I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 19:15
by Mr. P
Yay!
KAFIIIIIIIIIIR!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 19:24
by zim
throw beer at karls pedal board!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 20:58
by Abzu
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 23:02
by jawn galliano
[quote name="zimberly"]throw beer at karls pedal board![/quote]
Fuck yeah. Get up on stage during the set as well, he loves that shit. Give him a big ol' hug from all of us here at MABB!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 23:07
by Abzu
I wonder what would happen if the mabb did a raid on a Nile show in the same vein as the old nbb raids.

Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 23:39
by zim
don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 23 Feb 2011, 23:59
by Mr. P
[quote name="zimberly"]don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either![/quote]
All I need to do is to pull my cellphone out of my pocket during Nile's set and Punchy is already running towards me with few bouncers to confesticate my phone for illegally taping the concert!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 03:21
by Abzu
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="zimberly"]don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either![/quote]
All I need to do is to pull my cellphone out of my pocket during Nile's set and Punchy is already running towards me with few bouncers to confesticate my phone for illegally taping the concert![/quote]

Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 03:25
by jawn galliano
[quote name="desolation"]I wonder what would happen if the mabb did a raid on a Nile show in the same vein as the old nbb raids.

[/quote]
if it were up to him, i'm sure a violent ejection from the venue followed by a lifetime ban. in reality nothing would happen aside from maybe getting thrown out of the venue or tossed off the stage, and after the tour he'd go on nbb and pen a screed about how awful all of his fans are
with a lot of line breaks
maybe with a line about how he should have
impaled the stage-crashers with
the headstock of his utterly ridiculous
guitar
ok, in seriousness, i sympathize with a lot of his frustrations, but at the same time his expectations for the behavior of a crowd at a deathmetal show are way, way out of whack. i don't think any band on any tour gets the kind of treatment he expects they should, it strikes me as a bit silly to think it should be any different for nile.
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="zimberly"]don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either![/quote]
All I need to do is to pull my cellphone out of my pocket during Nile's set and Punchy is already running towards me with few bouncers to confesticate my phone for illegally taping the concert![/quote]
hahaha, i completely forgot about this. their live taping policy is so utterly stupid it actually hurts to think about.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 03:49
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
LET'S RAID THE NILE BOARD!
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 03:50
by zim
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]with a lot of line breaks
maybe with a line about how he should have
impaled the stage-crashers with
the headstock of his utterly ridiculous
guitar
[/quote]

Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 04:28
by Mesarthim
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="zimberly"]don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either![/quote]
All I need to do is to pull my cellphone out of my pocket during Nile's set and Punchy is already running towards me with few bouncers to confesticate my phone for illegally taping the concert![/quote]
hahaha, i completely forgot about this. their live taping policy is so utterly stupid it actually hurts to think about.[/quote]
uggggh! that hard-on bearer is such a dick! I got into an argument with him after a nile show a few years ago. he's one of those people that refuses to listen to reason.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 05:16
by Verbal
what was the argument about
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 05:37
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Lumbergh"]
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="zimberly"]don't forget to stick a camera in karls face either![/quote]
All I need to do is to pull my cellphone out of my pocket during Nile's set and Punchy is already running towards me with few bouncers to confesticate my phone for illegally taping the concert![/quote]
hahaha, i completely forgot about this. their live taping policy is so utterly stupid it actually hurts to think about.[/quote]
uggggh! that hard-on bearer is such a dick! I got into an ambulance with him after a nile show a few years ago. he's one of those people that refuses to listen to reason.[/quote]
yeah i got into it with him briefly on the boards once, i think it was about the whole filesharing thing. i was even uncharacteristically civil and constructive, but it's like talking to a fucking brick wall. i guess it's to be expected though, at least on the boards and such, he's always struck me as kind of narcissistic. having an army of sycophants around to reinforce that certainly isn't doing the notion of productive debate any favors.
the hilarious part of it all is, i'm quite certain i remember hearing him moan (rightly so, at that) about how record labels are structured to completely shaft artists and such... and yet he turns right around and basically repeats the same nonsense propaganda the majors have been churning out since napster hit it big (filesharers are literally stealing cash money directly out of my pocket!!, and so forth).
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 06:24
by Abzu
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 12:43
by captain twat. IV.
Hm I remember when I was young going to the record store and buying an album whenever I could.Sometimes even albums I had only heard a couple of songs from.Come to think of it just about everyone I knew used to.To be honest I think the internet and filesharing has fucked things up quite abit.I know the rebuttle coming.."the labels only make money anyway",perhaps but my point is it actually used to be FUN finding out about new artists through radio or word of mouth.I can only think of a few people that don't have the internet and still hear new music via radio.
*insert casette dubbing comment here*
Go on..crucify me.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 13:48
by Meat Engine
If bands were smart they'd incorporate as LLCs, and then borrow money against band assets (music rights and such) to record and tour. It's better than indentured servitude to labels. Maybe form a co-op to hash out things like physical music distribution and putting together tours. Release the digital stuff on Bandcamp or something similar, where revenue shares are better than Amazon or iTunes. All labels are the same in the end. They exist for people to get rich off of the hard work of others.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 19:20
by Abzu
[quote name="mabb_"]Hm I remember when I was young going to the record store and buying an album whenever I could.Sometimes even albums I had only heard a couple of songs from.Come to think of it just about everyone I knew used to.To be honest I think the internet and filesharing has fucked things up quite abit.I know the rebuttle coming.."the labels only make money anyway",perhaps but my point is it actually used to be FUN finding out about new artists through radio or word of mouth.I can only think of a few people that don't have the internet and still hear new music via radio.
*insert casette dubbing comment here*
Go on..crucify me.[/quote]
Filesharing has both saved me from buying shit albums and provided me a route to discover great new bands. I still get the fun, excited feeling when discovering a new band, no matter how I discovered them. As for the radio... no one took it away. It's just rarely worth listening to (music, that is -- I rock me some NPR). Filesharing hasn't fucked it up at all.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 19:38
by zim
If it wasn't for the net I would have never found MA or probably death metal for that matter

Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 20:36
by Abzu
People who blame a medium for how it's used are fucking idiots.
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 20:38
by Verbal
:pithy:
Re: I'm seeing Nile playing live tonight
Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 21:09
by Mesarthim
[quote name="Verbal"]what was the ambulance about[/quote]
chili cheese fries.