I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Meat Engine »

...which is why I'm glad to see bands like Dead Congregation and Ulcerate make some truly sinister sounding stuff. I'm tired of the more blasty than thou drums and the meedly-mee guitars. I want more stuff in that vein. A fellating lover introduced me yesterday to Grave Miasma and Cruciamentum, and they're quite enjoyable.



[youtube]6GOs92bYO5w[/youtube]



[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube]
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Anjel »

I agree, most of my favorite death metal albums are from the 90's. There are still some good new (or new-ish) bands though.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by rhino »

[youtube]AC9D99sTTKA[/youtube]
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Mesarthim »

[youtube]8YNOtfY_5EE[/youtube]



[youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube]



[youtube]OTb9HFabDrI[/youtube]
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

ENSNARED



<!-- w -->www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- w -->
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]

Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]

Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.[/quote]

Thanks! Yes, theres alot Morbid Angel over that one. The Ibanez 7string contributes pretty much to that.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Anjel »

You guys still need a bassplayer?
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Anjel"]You guys still need a bassplayer?[/quote]



No longer :shake:
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by vO)))id »

if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! :grin:
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Mutilator »

Miasma is also great!



[youtube]UkZy6gywfIE[/youtube]



<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/157292055/music/ ... t-16791252<!-- m -->



Furthermore: Tribulation & Repugnant
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Love of Lava »

[youtube]xF8_54mMR8k[/youtube]





[youtube]92CPfnpXM7k[/youtube]



whole albums :xx:::::::::
love of lava.
User avatar
supa tuna
Ancient One
Posts: 4496
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
Location: The compound

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by supa tuna »

[quote name="Angle Of Distance"][youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube][/quote]





i love this song. :bang:
Image

Image
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Meat Engine »

[youtube]tu6igBC8ipI[/youtube]



I love Gorefest.
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! :grin:[/quote]

Is this getting close?
Fuck 'em
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by zim »

Ulcerate is all I've been listening to lately.



But I agree: death metal was better in the 1990s than in this period.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Verbal »

suffofuckication
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Meat Engine"]



[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube][/quote]



:bang: :bang:



[youtube]kdYirKkluDc[/youtube]



[youtube]m7jVVBn9s6w[/youtube]



[youtube]kY-TcalfhWo[/youtube]



[youtube]UO0vkGJULlo[/youtube]
User avatar
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ancient One
Posts: 2215
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
Location: ColoradO))))))
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man »

[youtube]EARsI1Cx56E[/youtube]
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by vega »

[youtube]eh6KR2ZedtE[/youtube]



[youtube]Aao3B0fZRQc[/youtube]



also -



[youtube]0zkz4GmOzJc[/youtube]
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

morpheus descends :thingy:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! :grin:[/quote]

Is this getting close?[/quote]



Yes!
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! :grin:[/quote]

Is this getting close?[/quote]



Yes![/quote]

Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm

I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.
Fuck 'em
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by jawn galliano »

the warm weather this past week has had me on a big 90's death metal kick :idea:



currently jamming a little asphyx in this period
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Verbal »

doesnt everyone thikn death metal was beytter in the gloryhole era
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by RitesOfPossession »

New Burial Invocation full-length will be out this year on Dark Descent Records.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Lavabug »

This band is horribly underrated:

[youtube]Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]



That album has some very gorguts-y and carcass-y sounds.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Meat Engine »

[youtube]_Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]



Fixed that for you. :santa:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! :grin:[/quote]

Is this getting close?[/quote]



Yes![/quote]

Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm

I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.[/quote]

I want to pre-order the giant piece of furniture the limited edition comes with. :redneck:

(That's the standard now, right?)
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Uros
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
Location: away from IDI
Contact:

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's

Post by Uros »

only is a band in question is too extreme :redneck:
Post Reply