I think death metal was best in the 1990's
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
I think death metal was best in the 1990's
...which is why I'm glad to see bands like Dead Congregation and Ulcerate make some truly sinister sounding stuff. I'm tired of the more blasty than thou drums and the meedly-mee guitars. I want more stuff in that vein. A fellating lover introduced me yesterday to Grave Miasma and Cruciamentum, and they're quite enjoyable.
[youtube]6GOs92bYO5w[/youtube]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube]
[youtube]6GOs92bYO5w[/youtube]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube]
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
I agree, most of my favorite death metal albums are from the 90's. There are still some good new (or new-ish) bands though.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]AC9D99sTTKA[/youtube]
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]8YNOtfY_5EE[/youtube]
[youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube]
[youtube]OTb9HFabDrI[/youtube]
[youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube]
[youtube]OTb9HFabDrI[/youtube]
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.[/quote]
Thanks! Yes, theres alot Morbid Angel over that one. The Ibanez 7string contributes pretty much to that.
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.[/quote]
Thanks! Yes, theres alot Morbid Angel over that one. The Ibanez 7string contributes pretty much to that.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
You guys still need a bassplayer?
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Anjel"]You guys still need a bassplayer?[/quote]
No longer
No longer
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out! 
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Miasma is also great!
[youtube]UkZy6gywfIE[/youtube]
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/157292055/music/ ... t-16791252<!-- m -->
Furthermore: Tribulation & Repugnant
[youtube]UkZy6gywfIE[/youtube]
<!-- m -->http://www.myspace.com/157292055/music/ ... t-16791252<!-- m -->
Furthermore: Tribulation & Repugnant
- Love of Lava
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 815
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
- Location: imaginary beach
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]xF8_54mMR8k[/youtube]
[youtube]92CPfnpXM7k[/youtube]
whole albums
::::::::
[youtube]92CPfnpXM7k[/youtube]
whole albums
love of lava.
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Angle Of Distance"][youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube][/quote]
i love this song.
i love this song.


- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]tu6igBC8ipI[/youtube]
I love Gorefest.
I love Gorefest.
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
[/quote]
Is this getting close?
Is this getting close?
Fuck 'em
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Ulcerate is all I've been listening to lately.
But I agree: death metal was better in the 1990s than in this period.
But I agree: death metal was better in the 1990s than in this period.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
suffofuckication
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube][/quote]
[youtube]kdYirKkluDc[/youtube]
[youtube]m7jVVBn9s6w[/youtube]
[youtube]kY-TcalfhWo[/youtube]
[youtube]UO0vkGJULlo[/youtube]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube][/quote]
[youtube]kdYirKkluDc[/youtube]
[youtube]m7jVVBn9s6w[/youtube]
[youtube]kY-TcalfhWo[/youtube]
[youtube]UO0vkGJULlo[/youtube]
- Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
- Location: ColoradO))))))
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]EARsI1Cx56E[/youtube]
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
- vega
- Metal God
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
- Location: spain
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]eh6KR2ZedtE[/youtube]
[youtube]Aao3B0fZRQc[/youtube]
also -
[youtube]0zkz4GmOzJc[/youtube]
[youtube]Aao3B0fZRQc[/youtube]
also -
[youtube]0zkz4GmOzJc[/youtube]

- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
morpheus descends
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes!
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes!
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.
Fuck 'em
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
the warm weather this past week has had me on a big 90's death metal kick 
currently jamming a little asphyx in this period
currently jamming a little asphyx in this period
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
doesnt everyone thikn death metal was beytter in the gloryhole era
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
New Burial Invocation full-length will be out this year on Dark Descent Records.
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
This band is horribly underrated:
[youtube]Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]
That album has some very gorguts-y and carcass-y sounds.
[youtube]Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]
That album has some very gorguts-y and carcass-y sounds.
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[youtube]_Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]
Fixed that for you.
Fixed that for you.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.[/quote]
I want to pre-order the giant piece of furniture the limited edition comes with.
(That's the standard now, right?)
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.[/quote]
I want to pre-order the giant piece of furniture the limited edition comes with.
(That's the standard now, right?)
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Uros
- Member
- Posts: 459
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
- Location: away from IDI
- Contact:
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
only is a band in question is too extreme 

