Page 1 of 1
I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 05:07
by Meat Engine
...which is why I'm glad to see bands like Dead Congregation and Ulcerate make some truly sinister sounding stuff. I'm tired of the more blasty than thou drums and the meedly-mee guitars. I want more stuff in that vein. A fellating lover introduced me yesterday to Grave Miasma and Cruciamentum, and they're quite enjoyable.
[youtube]6GOs92bYO5w[/youtube]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 05:14
by Anjel
I agree, most of my favorite death metal albums are from the 90's. There are still some good new (or new-ish) bands though.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 05:35
by rhino
[youtube]AC9D99sTTKA[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 06:28
by Mesarthim
[youtube]8YNOtfY_5EE[/youtube]
[youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube]
[youtube]OTb9HFabDrI[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 16:45
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
ENSNARED
<!-- w -->
www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- w -->
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 18:58
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED
<!-- m -->
http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 05 Mar 2011, 22:30
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="Maze"]ENSNARED
<!-- m -->
http://www.myspace.com/ensnaredswe<!-- m -->[/quote]
Good stuff! I particularly liked the song Baneful Blood. Reminds me a bit of Morbid Angel and, by extension, Overoth.[/quote]
Thanks! Yes, theres alot Morbid Angel over that one. The Ibanez 7string contributes pretty much to that.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 00:10
by Anjel
You guys still need a bassplayer?
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 00:12
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Anjel"]You guys still need a bassplayer?[/quote]
No longer

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 03:34
by vO)))id
if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 20:27
by Mutilator
Miasma is also great!
[youtube]UkZy6gywfIE[/youtube]
<!-- m -->
http://www.myspace.com/157292055/music/ ... t-16791252<!-- m -->
Furthermore: Tribulation & Repugnant
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 21:37
by Love of Lava
[youtube]xF8_54mMR8k[/youtube]
[youtube]92CPfnpXM7k[/youtube]
whole albums

::::::::
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 11:13
by supa tuna
[quote name="Angle Of Distance"][youtube]HHVfMWs9Juw[/youtube][/quote]
i love this song.

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 13:10
by Meat Engine
[youtube]tu6igBC8ipI[/youtube]
I love Gorefest.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 03:09
by Conservative_Heretic
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!

[/quote]
Is this getting close?
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 03:12
by zim
Ulcerate is all I've been listening to lately.
But I agree: death metal was better in the 1990s than in this period.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 03:14
by Verbal
suffofuckication
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 04:32
by ^_____________^
[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[youtube]jaQ2buLvnEc[/youtube][/quote]
[youtube]kdYirKkluDc[/youtube]
[youtube]m7jVVBn9s6w[/youtube]
[youtube]kY-TcalfhWo[/youtube]
[youtube]UO0vkGJULlo[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 10:23
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
[youtube]EARsI1Cx56E[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 14:59
by vega
[youtube]eh6KR2ZedtE[/youtube]
[youtube]Aao3B0fZRQc[/youtube]
also -
[youtube]0zkz4GmOzJc[/youtube]
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 19:26
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
morpheus descends

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 20:43
by vO)))id
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!

[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes!
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 23:47
by Conservative_Heretic
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!

[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 29 Apr 2011, 09:27
by jawn galliano
the warm weather this past week has had me on a big 90's death metal kick
currently jamming a little asphyx in this period
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 29 Apr 2011, 14:28
by Verbal
doesnt everyone thikn death metal was beytter in the gloryhole era
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 29 Apr 2011, 17:38
by RitesOfPossession
New Burial Invocation full-length will be out this year on Dark Descent Records.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 30 Apr 2011, 04:22
by Lavabug
This band is horribly underrated:
[youtube]Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]
That album has some very gorguts-y and carcass-y sounds.
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 30 Apr 2011, 08:09
by Meat Engine
[youtube]_Bm9EMhhxTk[/youtube]
Fixed that for you.

Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 30 Apr 2011, 09:30
by Abzu
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Void"]if you like them 'gloryhole era ... you're in for a treat when uni777's album comes out!

[/quote]
Is this getting close?[/quote]
Yes![/quote]
Thank you. I may be having a senior moment but is this going to be the title: Abode of the Numinous: Presaging the Baneful Storm
I want to be sure I am looking for the right album so I can buy a copy.[/quote]
I want to pre-order the giant piece of furniture the limited edition comes with.
(That's the standard now, right?)
Re: I think death metal was best in the 1990's
Posted: 30 Apr 2011, 10:26
by Uros
only is a band in question is too extreme
