Page 1 of 1

coma of souls

Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 01:42
by beandorkio
Just been listening to this classic Kreator album again and learning it on guitar....oh god, it's soooo good. This is the first metal band I went proper nuts for. Their fast mute picking riffs like the main one on 'when the sun burns red' sound just so goddam fucking fruital.



Kreator, anyone? Anyone?

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 02:24
by jawn galliano
i was always a big fan of pleasure to kill, i honestly can't remember if i have coma of souls or not though. i'll have to dig thru the ol' collection and see what's what.

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 02:32
by rhino
the riff on people of the lie, they struck riff gold there, everytime i hear it i want to headbang and punch old people





also



[youtube]kCwXLdPVrhc[/youtube]





such an amazing solo in this song

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 07 Mar 2011, 19:48
by Uni777
[quote name="beandorkio"]Just been listening to this classic Kreator album again and learning it on guitar....oh god, it's soooo good. This is the first metal band I went proper nuts for. Their fast mute picking riffs like the main one on 'when the sun burns red' sound just so goddam fucking fruital.



Kreator, anyone? Anyone?[/quote]

Great album though i prefer Terrible Certainty.

I already knew them from the first couple of albums but TC made me a fan.

Their later albums starting with Renewal did not do much for me but i thought Enemy of God was a good album.

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 00:04
by Mutilator
Kreator is great! I love Coma of souls and People of the lie is a classic! I need to get TC then though..from Violent revolution on, Kreator has respawned the old glory :thingy:

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 00:15
by Mesarthim
Kreator :xx:

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 00:29
by beandorkio
[quote name="uni777"]Great album though i prefer Terrible Certainty.

I already knew them from the first couple of albums but TC made me a fan.

Their later albums starting with Renewal did not do much for me but i thought Enemy of God was a good album.[/quote]



I love TC as well, the first two tracks of it are just fearsome. I've gone and learned 'blind faith' as well and fuck me those riffs are blisteringly fast. It's funny playing over the top of that album and hearing the songs with a modern day guitar tone!



Liked 'em from TC thru to Renewal, lost me a bit after there for some reason. Think Frank was the perfect addition to this band.

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 00:36
by Grudge
never liked them

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 04:46
by Ninny
They wore such tight pants!

Re: coma of souls

Posted: 08 Mar 2011, 05:18
by Uni777
[quote name="beandorkio"]
[quote name="uni777"]Great album though i prefer Terrible Certainty.

I already knew them from the first couple of albums but TC made me a fan.

Their later albums starting with Renewal did not do much for me but i thought Enemy of God was a good album.[/quote]



I love TC as well, the first two tracks of it are just fearsome. I've gone and learned 'blind faith' as well and fuck me those riffs are blisteringly fast. It's funny playing over the top of that album and hearing the songs with a modern day guitar tone!



Liked 'em from TC thru to Renewal, lost me a bit after there for some reason. Think Frank was the perfect addition to this band.[/quote]

Yes he surprised a lot of people coming in from Sodom and actually be a good player.