Page 1 of 1
Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 12 Mar 2011, 20:51
by Hugo.
Pretty awesome stuff. What do you you think?
[youtube]CY3cJtHCb_o[/youtube]
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 01:29
by Mesarthim
I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 01:42
by Ninny
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 04:33
by Hugo.
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.[/quote]
Oh man, we have those same guys here. I got their album when i was drunk. One of the tracks open to the sound of a school massacre then crossfades into what sounds like a rendition of My Heart Will Go On.
On the topic of this song, it's classical.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 17:13
by RitesOfPossession
Folk Metal
But actually this doesn't sound that bad.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 18:39
by agony bagony
ain't bad
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 19:01
by Hugo.
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal

[/quote]
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 21:33
by Mesarthim
ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 22:04
by Hugo.
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 22:07
by Verbal
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*[/quote]
did you see my riverdance thread?
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 22:11
by Hugo.
Good point.
Have you listened to Kila? I defy you not to like them.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 13 Mar 2011, 23:52
by vO)))id
We should all love these Peruvian folk bands because they keep the giant Guinee pigs at bay.

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 14 Mar 2011, 01:14
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal

[/quote]
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.[/quote]
I wasn't pulling you up on calling this folk metal, I was

-ing at the general concept of Folk Metal. However, as my knowledge of folk metal extends as far as Turisas I'm probably not qualified to make any statements about it.
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 14 Mar 2011, 01:33
by Hugo.
I think i got where you were coming from
This is metal, with some folk-esque elements

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 14 Mar 2011, 21:53
by Bathsalt Zombie
I'd be interested in hearing asian folk metal. *checks for said on youtube*
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Posted: 14 Mar 2011, 22:13
by Hugo.
Theres that band Shun Tzu, theyre pretty fucking heavy but they have some cool far eastern influences.