Page 1 of 1

Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 06:57
by Devy
I've never gotten round to really listening to them. Yes I've heard the singles and been confused by the videos, but they're never pulled me in. I'm considering launching another assault on them, but can't be arsed deciding where to start.



You do it for me. :santa:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 07:21
by Abzu
It can't hurt to start with Opiate and just move forward chronologically. Opiate is their first ep and a collection of their heaviest songs at the time of recording.

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 07:26
by rhino
I say start with aenima

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 07:45
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]I say start with aenima[/quote]

But that will make everything else disappointing. :redneck:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 07:57
by droidspawn
I also think Opiate is the best place to start. Then Undertown and 10,000 Days. Aenima and Lateralus last, take your pick and have a box of kleenex ready :santa:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 08:48
by shadowalk
I agree with beginning on Opiate.

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 14:07
by FUKKET
I've never been into them, nor see what the big wow factor is.

I like "Sober" though and the clip is fucking :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 14:36
by neckred
Opiate and/or Undertow

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 18:31
by agony bagony
to actually try and answer your question, i would say because there's a lot of tasty riffage and drawn-out atmospheric stuff at work. maynard's lyrics can be a mite heavy-handed (though sometimes that's the point--as in "hooker with a penis"--and done to good effect), and i think a lot of the "mystique" the band cultivates around itself is pretentious to the max, but there's no denying a lot of the very quietly sinister stuff at work

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 22 Mar 2011, 23:10
by Ninny
[quote name="rhino"]I say start with aenima[/quote]

:idea: <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY<!-- m -->

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:03
by supa tuna
opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.



and



[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]



:frown:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:41
by droidspawn
[quote name="Kasper Berton"]opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.



and



[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]



:frown:[/quote]

Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the :frown: right back



It was a typo. :santa:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 03:00
by supa tuna
[quote name="Junkyard God"]
[quote name="Kasper Berton"]opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.



and



[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]



:frown:[/quote]

Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the :frown: right back



It was a typo. :santa:[/quote]



i figured it was a typo, i guess it should have been a :redneck:

Re: Why should I like Tool?

Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 03:21
by droidspawn
That would make more sense :santa: