Page 1 of 1
marilyn manson
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 20:53
by Mesarthim
I was never a huge fan and the hard-on bearer is obviously a freak, but I always thought they were a pretty solid hard rock / industrial-esque band, perhaps underrated these days even though they used to be huge. I remember jamming some Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar and to a lesser extent Mechanical Animals back in the day (kind of stopped listening after that time period). I also grew up in the area and time where they basically made a name for themselves (South Florida) so it was kind of hard not to get caught up in this shit back in the day.
(for some reason the sound quality on these videos kind of sucks)
[youtube]Mq1sHDwpgqo[/youtube]
[youtube]phjXoYqYE2U[/youtube]
[youtube]m6VojYGrnpg[/youtube]
[youtube]MmfQ7gSaJgM[/youtube]
[youtube]Rthl_O4_G2o[/youtube]
[youtube]NPQD7KxutcM[/youtube]
[youtube]Ypkv0HeUvTc[/youtube]
[youtube]THNEolxBmso[/youtube]
[youtube]QQPJYnr48yU[/youtube]
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:18
by shadowalk
*posts before the OMG MALLCORE NOT TR00 METAL!!!!!1111 comments*
A few Manson tunes are still on my everyday playlist.
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:34
by Mesarthim
meh, I don't give a shit. it was a transition period for me. I didn't really start listening to metal until the late 90's anyways.
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 22:21
by baron von blondle
time and a place...I loved some tracks. couldn't care less nowadays tho
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 22:33
by zim
I got into MM during the normal teen-angst years and I loved some of his music, some of it still rocks. As I got older though looking back I feel like he was always trying too hard. Portrait is probably the best album followed by Antichrist Superstar.
[youtube]h0YECbEz6ws[/youtube]
[youtube]2Db6UYdkOw8[/youtube]
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 00:19
by droidspawn
I've always liked Manson. I'm not a fan boy or anything, but I still enjoy all of his stuff up through Holywood. That was his last album worth a shit and that was 11 years ago.
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 03:24
by rhino
portrait and antichrist are awesome
nostalgic albums for me
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 03:25
by rhino
[youtube]ZB6DfWZJpuE[/youtube]
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 04:29
by jawn galliano
[quote name="baron von blondle"]time and a place...I loved some tracks. couldn't care less nowadays tho[/quote]
yeah pretty much. it was all rather exciting when i was a sheltered 5th grader, but i outgrew it within the span of a couple years.
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 04:52
by rhino
does manson really suck twiggys dick or visa versa on one of his early home videos?
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 04:55
by droidspawn
Mechanical Animals

Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:15
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]does manson really suck twiggys dick or visa versa on one of his early home videos?[/quote]
Twiggy on Manson, but yeah.
[quote name="Junkyard God"]I've always liked Manson. I'm not a fan boy or anything, but I still enjoy all of his stuff up through Holywood. That was his last album worth a shit and that was 11 years ago.[/quote]
This, except I've found enjoyment in some songs from the last two albums Eat Me Drink Me and The High End of Low. Golden Age of the Grotesque had a song on it I dig, but nothing special. The band just isn't what it was and he isn't what he was anymore.
Re: marilyn manson
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:20
by rhino
[youtube]m6VojYGrnpg[/youtube]
