Page 1 of 1

nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 04:48
by rhino
i can enjoy this album alot now when i spin it after many years have gone past, and the outplayedness has settled down





[youtube]rvEL4pbR6S8[/youtube]

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 04:50
by droidspawn
I was into Nirvana and Nevermind for about a month then I lost all interest.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:07
by jawn galliano
i still can't really stand the first half of the album, but i do enjoy jamming the latter portion from time to time :idea:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:09
by rhino
the lyrics in this song make absolutely no sense, but it comes across full of hopelessness and despair



[youtube]rg-yYi8saZY[/youtube]



:xx:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:17
by Abzu
I still have trouble playing that album. I opt, almost 20 years later, for live and alternate versions of most of the songs. One day, one day...



I was jamming In Utero in the car today, though.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 06:55
by agony bagony
i have never listened to this band and the other day i was thinking i might give them a shot

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 07:31
by rhino
do eet :santa:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 07:52
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]the lyrics in this song make absolutely no sense, but it comes across full of hopelessness and despair



[youtube]rg-yYi8saZY[/youtube]



:xx:[/quote]

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. He wrote it while living under a bridge on the Wishkah River.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:05
by shadowalk
Come As You Are :xx:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:11
by rhino
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="rhino"]the lyrics in this song make absolutely no sense, but it comes across full of hopelessness and despair



[youtube]rg-yYi8saZY[/youtube]



:xx:[/quote]

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. He wrote it while living under a bridge on the Wishkah River.[/quote]





well, it does make perfect sense now

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:22
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="rhino"]the lyrics in this song make absolutely no sense, but it comes across full of hopelessness and despair



[youtube]rg-yYi8saZY[/youtube]



:xx:[/quote]

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. He wrote it while living under a bridge on the Wishkah River.[/quote]





well, it does make perfect sense now[/quote]

Reading about the recording of the original was cool. The engineer went around the building making people turn everything off, ACs n shit -- it was very quietly done.





I LOVE this version very much. The droning feedback in the background adds to the mood.

[youtube]aZBKWPfYn3Y[/youtube]



(I was a Nirvana bootleg whore in my young days.)

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:23
by Syysysyd
funny, i was just listening to this today. :greenie:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:28
by Abzu
[youtube]APHX-9ZQ7x0[/youtube]

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:40
by rhino
wow, that electric version is amazing

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 08:42
by Abzu
:idea:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 14:44
by FUKKET
[quote name="rhino"]wow, that electric version is amazing[/quote]



this.

was it released on some b-sides or alt take album?

i want!

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 15:53
by shadowalk
[quote name="pulsar"][youtube]APHX-9ZQ7x0[/youtube][/quote]

:garbage:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:55
by Abzu
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="rhino"]wow, that electric version is amazing[/quote]



this.

was it released on some b-sides or alt take album?

i want![/quote]

It wasn't ever officially released. :redneck:

I found it in me teens somewhere in the vast world of Nirvana bootlegs. I think this one came from a BBC Radio 1 session in 1991.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:59
by FUKKET
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="rhino"]wow, that electric version is amazing[/quote]



this.

was it released on some b-sides or alt take album?

i want![/quote]

It wasn't ever officially released. :redneck:

I found it in me teens somewhere in the vast world of Nirvana bootlegs. I think this one came from a BBC Radio 1 session in 1991.[/quote]



thanks, i shall hunt that down

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:02
by FUKKET
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="rhino"]wow, that electric version is amazing[/quote]



this.

was it released on some b-sides or alt take album?

i want![/quote]

It wasn't ever officially released. :redneck:

I found it in me teens somewhere in the vast world of Nirvana bootlegs. I think this one came from a BBC Radio 1 session in 1991.[/quote]



thanks, i shall hunt that down[/quote]



it could be this :)



http://www.mediafire.com/?iqoynoh5xkd



Image



Title: The Complete Radio Sessions.

Label: Blue Moon Records.

Catalog#: BMCD18.

Source: Various radio recordings - Tracks 1 to 4 recorded 26th October 1989.

Tracks 5 to 8 recorded 21st October 1990.

Tracks 9 to 11 recorded 3rd September 1991.

Tracks 12 to 15 recorded 9th November 1991.

Tracks 16 & 17 recorded 25th November 1991.

Tracks 18 to 20 recorded 10th January 1992.

Track 21 recorded 9th September 1992..

Recording: Soundboard FM.



Tracklisting:

1 Love Buzz 3:16

2 About A sexy leopard elevator 2:39

3 Polly 2:36

4 Spank Thru 3:15

5 Son Of A Gun 2:46

6 Molly's Lips 1:49

7 D7 3:44

8 Turnaround 2:16

9 Dumb 2:34

10 Drain You 4:01

11 Endless Nameless 8:43

12 Been A Son 1:53

13 Polly 1:45

14 Aneurysm 4:34

15 Something In The Way 3:19

16 Here She Comes Now 4:38

17 Where Did You Sleep Last Night 4:54

18 Drain You 3:35

19 Polly 2:29

20 Territorial Pissings 2:08

21 Lithium 5:04.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:40
by zim
[quote name="pulsar"]I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. He wrote it while living under a bridge on the Wishkah River.[/quote]



i remember chris saying somewhere that he never lived under a bridge and lied about it :huh:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:43
by Verbal
no one cares about chris [sic]

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:47
by Hugo.
I dont jam Nirvana too much, but i still enjoy them a lot whenever i do.

I used to think that nirvana lyrics made no sense at all, but i can make out some pretty insightful stuff in them nowadays :interessant:

Lounge act is an awesome track.



Has anyone seen the graphic novel about Kurt Cobain?

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 19:59
by Abzu
I haven't

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 21:05
by Abzu
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="pulsar"]I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. He wrote it while living under a bridge on the Wishkah River.[/quote]



i remember chris saying somewhere that he never lived under a bridge and lied about it :huh:[/quote]

I've got no recollection of Krist saying that anywhere? :huh:

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 21:17
by Hugo.
I only found out Pat Smear was back in FF last week. Cool.



I fucking love that muddy banks of the wishkah live album.

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 21:19
by Verbal
even i knwe that

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 21:24
by Abzu
stfug

Re: nirvana - nevermind

Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 01:54
by supa tuna
a band called kitchen knife conspiracy covers something in the way.



i'm not completely sure how i feel about it, sometimes i really like listening to it but sometimes i think its crap.



but i feel that way about the band too.