Page 1 of 1
Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:11
by Hugo.
Slayer guitarist and co-founding member Jeff Hanneman has announced that he has made the decision to leave the band, following his recent medical problems. A message from Hanneman reads as follows:
"In what is probably the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, I have decided to part company with Slayer. You can imagine how difficult this was for me to do, what with Slayer being such a big part of my life for like thirty years, but due to my problems with my arm, I’ve been left with little other option. I’d just like to say thank you so much to the guys for helping me a part of something so important and amazing, and also a huge thanks should go to you, the fans, for all the support you’ve given me over the years. Thanks again guys! You rule!"
The remaining members of Slayer have also spoken about Hanneman’s departure, posting the following message online:
"We are completely saddened by Jeff’s decision to leave the band after so long, but we don’t want him to rush his recovery, which has suffered another setback recently. He’s more than just a guitarist, as I think our fans will agree, and Slayer just won’t be the same without him. Thank you Jeff.
"Of course the question on everybody’s minds now is what are we gonna do? Obviously we’ve got our tour dates coming up soon which Gary (Holt, Exodus guitarist) and Pat (O’Brien, Cannibal Corpse guitarist) have graciously agreed to be a part of, but the long term future of the band remains a mystery even to us."
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:25
by Verbal
Poor hard-on bearer.
Genius Metal guitarist. And probably one of the few who every Metal fan would agree that about.
I wonder how much arm he actually has left.

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:34
by droidspawn
uhhh...4/1
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:35
by baron von blondle
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:36
by rhino
they should just finish the shows with holt and then call it a day
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:52
by droidspawn
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected[/quote]

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:54
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
no hanneman = NO Slayer
the only acceptable choice for them is to split up.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:55
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...4/1[/quote]
good call, i hope :|
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:58
by baron von blondle
[quote name="Junkyard God"]
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected[/quote]

[/quote]

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:00
by droidspawn
silly engrish
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:01
by Verbal
WE INVENTED THOSE DATES!
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:02
by Foxi
[quote name="winburger"]..., which has suffered another setback recently. [/quote]
Oh shit, I really thought things weren't looking that bad when the first messages about it have been released!
Most of the nearly 40 Slayer gigs I've been to since 1985 I spent on the left front side, well they had to replace Lombardo before but in this case... it's just sad !!!
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:04
by Conservative_Heretic
I don't think it's a fooling only because, Satan bless them, but they are fucking up there in years (and I am no Spring chicken anymore myself), and they still play with the same intensity they did almost 30 years ago! He has hurt his arm during this latest round, or maybe previous, of touring and Tom fucked his back up, so it may be legit. I hope not, but we shall soon see. I mean hell Dave left for a couple of years then came back, so.....
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:08
by Anjel
This sucks, but Pat O’Brien with Slayer? Holy fuuuuuuck.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:17
by rhino
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]I don't think it's a fooling only because, Satan bless them, but they are fucking up there in years (and I am no Spring chicken anymore myself), and they still play with the same intensity they did almost 30 years ago! He has hurt his arm during this latest round, or maybe previous, of touring and Tom fucked his back up, so it may be legit. I hope not, but we shall soon see. I mean hell Dave left for a couple of years then came back, so.....[/quote]
dave did grip inc.

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:18
by zim
Pat O’Brien could make any band better

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:22
by Hugo.
[quote name="Anjel"]This sucks, but Pat O’Brien with Slayer? Holy fuuuuuuck.[/quote]
[quote name="zim"]Pat O’Brien could make any band better

[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. Saw him with corpse a few months ago and fuck me if he hasnt the most intimidating stage presence.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:23
by Verbal
not necrophagist
you cannot improve on perfection
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:33
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Verbal"]not necrophagist
you cannot improve on perfection[/quote]

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:40
by Mesarthim
[quote name="rhino"]they should just finish the shows with holt and then call it a day[/quote]
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:41
by Shredlord
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]I don't think it's a fooling only because, Satan bless them, but they are fucking up there in years (and I am no Spring chicken anymore myself), and they still play with the same intensity they did almost 30 years ago! He has hurt his arm during this latest round, or maybe previous, of touring and Tom fucked his back up, so it may be legit. I hope not, but we shall soon see. I mean hell Dave left for a couple of years then came back, so.....[/quote]
He didn't simply "hurt his arm"--he has necrotizing fasciitis--a flesh-eating bacteria that is consuming his right arm! (Attributed to a spider bite)
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:58
by Hugo.
Fuck me. Thats pretty bollocks.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 04:59
by vO)))id
holy shit that sucks @ arm...
anyways, Pat

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 05:15
by agony bagony
no way this is not an april fool's joke
jeff will be in slayer until he is dead
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 06:56
by Mesarthim
[quote name="Dusto"]no way this is not an april fool's joke
jeff will be in slayer until he is dead[/quote]
\
I somehow doubt it's a joke. I know the dude has had on going problems for a while.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 07:14
by Conservative_Heretic
[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]I don't think it's a fooling only because, Satan bless them, but they are fucking up there in years (and I am no Spring chicken anymore myself), and they still play with the same intensity they did almost 30 years ago! He has hurt his arm during this latest round, or maybe previous, of touring and Tom fucked his back up, so it may be legit. I hope not, but we shall soon see. I mean hell Dave left for a couple of years then came back, so.....[/quote]
He didn't simply "hurt his arm"--he has necrotizing fasciitis--a flesh-eating bacteria that is consuming his right arm! (Attributed to a spider bite)[/quote]

fuck

Jeff

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 07:58
by Meat Engine
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected[/quote]
The ISO standard is Year-Month-Day. 2011-04-01. It makes sense in data sorting and programming.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 09:13
by agony bagony
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]
[quote name="Dusto"]no way this is not an april fool's joke
jeff will be in slayer until he is dead[/quote]
\
I somehow doubt it's a joke. I know the dude has had on going problems for a while.[/quote]
well lombardo gave an interview last week where he said jeff was recovering well and playing the guitar again, so unless something took a serious turn, i don't see how this isn't a joke
also it's april first so it's definitely bully shit

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 11:41
by Abzu
[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected[/quote]
The ISO standard is Year-Month-Day. 2011-04-01. It makes sense in data sorting and programming.[/quote]

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 12:16
by Mr. P
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...1/4[/quote]
corrected[/quote]
The ISO standard is Year-Month-Day. 2011-04-01. It makes sense in data sorting and programming.[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes it does but if you turn it "american" and throw the year at the end then it makes no sense at all. But hey, you elected George Bush Jr twice to the white house.
YYYYMMDD or DDMMYYYY. Period.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 14:09
by Ninny
I´m with Dusty and AOD
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 15:39
by Haunty
Pat O'Brien is actually filling in for Hanneman, but it's not permanent. Gary Holt's already been filling in, and they're just switching for now. I checked the official website, because that's what smart people do.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 17:50
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 17:55
by rhino
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]this was an internet April's Fool

[/quote]
how do you know??
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 17:58
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
a very close female fellating lover of mine that is a slayer maniac ( she also had some ehm ehm with Jeff

), told me before on facebook

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 17:59
by rhino
We hope you enjoyed our April fools stories yesterday as much as we did! In our long-standing tradition, we devoted the entire day to fake news and spoofs. We had fun writing them despite the fact that we can't really fool most of you in our nineth year of the tradition, even when we start off with some very plausible (yet fake) stories. Many thanks to those of you resisted blurting out “April Fools!” In case you missed them, you can read yesterday's April Fools stories here.
There are a couple particular stories I want to talk about briefly:
It was quite hilarious to see Dream Theater's facebook wall spattered with questions from fans about them using a drum machine! I had this story prepared ahead of time and was fully expecting the band to ruin it for me by announcing a new drummer before April 1st. There was just too much drama around the drummer position (ever since Mike Portnoy's departure) to pass it up.
Making things a little tricky, some people saw Metal Insider's story about Slayer disbanding and took it - along with our story - as corroborating evidence that the news was true (despite their April Fools link on the end of it). This was totally unplanned and unintentional, and we're sorry if we worried anyone for real. We love Slayer like we love beer, and wish Jeff the best and dread the day that Slayer calls it quits.
To those who got all worked up about it, we've been doing this for a LONG time now. The bands that get spoofed are either easy targets or ones that we like. And sometimes the stories practically write themselves! It's all in good fun, and no harm is intended.
If you'd like to check out our past years' April Fools stories, you can do so at the links below:

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 18:01
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
JEFF motherfucking HANNEMAN

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 18:07
by Hugo.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]JEFF motherfucking HANNEMAN

[/quote]
It would have to be me who made this thread.

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 19:19
by Verbal
Everyone else was just pretending for your sake.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 21:06
by Hugo.
Awh shucks.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 21:08
by Mesarthim
our lord and master didn't believe it for a second.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 21:45
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...4/1[/quote]
I thought you responding to this question at first and just got the numbers mixed around:
[quote name="Verbal"]
I wonder how much arm he actually has left.

[/quote]
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 03 Apr 2011, 01:08
by zim
Am I the only one that didn't care?

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 03 Apr 2011, 01:10
by Verbal
thats because theres an ice cube where your heart should be
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 00:29
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Who cares about Slayer 2011 anyways? F.uck O.ff Slayer.

Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 02:22
by Ninny
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 02:54
by Devy
[quote name="Verbal"]Poor hard-on bearer.
Genius Metal guitarist. And probably one of the few who every Metal fan would agree that about.
I wonder how much arm he actually has left.

[/quote]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]uhhh...4/1[/quote]
So am I the only one that thought this whole debate was about the percentage of arm Jeff Hanneman had left? It stopped making sense when people said he'd developed three extra arms, but then other people said he only had a quarter left.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 03:18
by Verbal
darksurgeon admitted to that a few posts ago
and i must admit, i also thought it was some sort of answer related to the number of limbs
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 05 Apr 2011, 03:29
by Devy
My good man, you must have me mistaken for someone who bothers to read everything in a thread before posting in it. I'll thank you to keep that in mind in the future.
Re: Hanneman leaves Slayer
Posted: 07 Apr 2011, 21:39
by Hugo.
[quote name="Devy"]My good man, you must have me mistaken for someone who bothers to read everything in a thread before posting in it. I'll thank you to keep that in mind in the future.[/quote]
I think i'll have to steal that quote for my signature. It would bother me to be mistaken for such a person also.