Page 1 of 1

i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:02
by rhino
a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them



whos with me :santa:

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:08
by baron von blondle
aye!

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:37
by agony bagony
totally agree; downloading albums is addictive and it's hard to quit. leads to massive listening backlogs as well



as of this moment i have listened to 5,064 of the 9,631 tracks on my itunes, or 52.6%. that isn't that much :oldryan:

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:55
by jawn galliano
i don't even know how much of my downloaded collection i've listened to at this point. i can't really track my itunes stats since my laptop would have contained the most accurate reading



i do know i've got a ton of old shit that i listened to like half a time and gave up on but never bothered to delete

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:56
by droidspawn
But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 10:22
by Abzu
I completely agree, duder!

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 16:08
by rhino
Image



:oldryan:

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 19:08
by Holocaust
[quote name="rhino"]a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them



whos with me :santa:[/quote]



I agree. :santa: You buy a tape/CD and you get your money's worth if you can jam the entire album over and over again.

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 19:09
by Verbal
[quote name="rhino"]Image



:oldryan:[/quote]



that was so annoying

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 19:14
by Hugo.
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]



I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 20:01
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]Image



:oldryan:[/quote]

I don't miss that. Also when the tape gets twisted and you have to pull a bunch out to straighten it up and then carefully wind it back in without twisting it again. I used to do a lot to tapes, though. Fuck, sometimes I'd even transplant spools into different casings. That shit was fun.



I had one tape recorder I used to get samples from tv and the world around me and I could lightly half-push one of the buttons and it would slow the speed down... tapes were fun.

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 22:20
by droidspawn
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]



I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.[/quote]



Have you heard Murder the Mountains yet? It's killer. Reminds me of Baroness :xx: