Page 1 of 1

this will: rule

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 20:19
by agony bagony

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 20:38
by Abzu
Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 22:22
by droidspawn
I don't think there is any way for this to be bad.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 22:31
by Ninny
:ba:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 22:42
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Huzzah!

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 01:05
by agony bagony
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:[/quote]



you make your own thread for bully shits then



this thread will remain pure and awed :sicken:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 01:24
by Abzu
[quote name="Dusto"]
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:[/quote]



you make your own thread for bully shits then



this thread will remain pure and awed :sicken:[/quote]

I kin dig that, surr.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 02:15
by Hugo.
Crack the Skye is a good mastodon album.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 02:59
by agony bagony
*the best

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 03:23
by droidspawn
correct

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 03:54
by Hugo.
It's a toss up between that and Remission for me.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 03:55
by agony bagony
get 5k and then you can offer you incorrect mastodon opinions

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 04:06
by rhino
I was listening to some crack the skye this past weekend :idea: . cant wait to hear what they come up with next, something tell me this will be rougher around the edges

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 04:26
by Hugo.
[quote name="Dusto"]get 5k and then you can offer you incorrect mastodon opinions[/quote]



Hey thats just like my opinion man.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 04:30
by agony bagony
:evil:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 04:33
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 05:20
by Hugo.
[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:[/quote]



Never gelled with me :brushteeth:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 05:40
by rhino
i like me some blood mountain



[youtube]-MMFBmz2hAo[/youtube]

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 05:55
by Hugo.
Blood mountain is good, but lacks the soul of crack the skye.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 09:14
by agony bagony
remission is too back and forth with the short-long-short-long songs, though it is full of win riffs and tracks 1-4 are superb



leviathan has some real monsters ( :redneck: ) but doesn't truly take off for me until aqua dementia/hearts alive. also naked burn should be the second track and NOT the seventh. it sounds stupid in the seventh slot. megladon -> aqua dementia -> hearts alive makes much more sense and this is the way i had leviathan burned before actually purchasing it



blood mountain was the most complete all around record until crack the skye, drops off only a teensy bit with hand of stone/hunters from the sky, but is just chock full of absurd earthly win throughout. i have mostly gotten over the fact that it doesn't have a big 8-13 minute epic like every other mastodon album



crack the skye is a brilliant combination of clean licks and dirty screaming, and overflows with heart at every turn. the last baron alone would be worth the price of admission :xx: oblivion is a masterpiece, divinations is wicked cool...the whole thing is intense focus and, just, tasty.



i am very interested to see what they do with #5 and hope they don't try to "heavy" it up for its own sake. maintain that focus mastodon :shake:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 19:31
by Hugo.
I agree entirely.



I listened to remission and crack the skye back to back and while remission comes close, i think CTS might have it. The last baron, the Czar, divinations all awesome. And yes Oblivion is a masterpiece as well as being the most accessible thing theyve ever put out.



Honestly, there are moments on Blood Mountain that seem soulless to me.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 19:39
by agony bagony
only tracks 8 & 9 i think, and i'm not even sure why. that album cruises along good until colony of birchmen ends. and then picks back up with this mortal soil which is top five incredible :thingy:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 20:08
by Hugo.
Yeah i had forgotten about that until ryan posted it :blush:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 21:57
by Ninny
[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:[/quote]

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 23:28
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Ninny :xx:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 23:38
by Ninny
:greenie:

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 13 Apr 2011, 23:42
by Devy
Crack The Skye has this song on it



[youtube]1vGsUQqpByI[/youtube]



It is therefor my favourite album of theirs.

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 02:44
by agony bagony
that song is some serious winning riffage

Re: this will: rule

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 02:47
by Devy
It's deceptively simple too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting. In fact it's a testament to their skill as songwriters.