Page 1 of 1

oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 01:06
by Mesarthim
IHSAHN Replaces ARCTURUS At PROGPOWER USA XII Festival - Apr. 12, 2011



Former EMPEROR frontman Ihsahn has been confirmed to replace ARCTURUS at ProgPower USA XII, the annual progressive and power metal festival held in Atlanta, Georgia.



ARCTURUS has issued the following statement regarding its cancellation: "ARCTURUS still suffer from hibernation sickness, and due to outdated parts we deeply regret to inform you: We are canceling ProgPower USA. This lack of maintenance is entirely our own fault, and sincere apologies go out to the promoter and all ticket holders, especially those of you who had planned to travel far."



ProgPower USA promoter Glenn Harveston adds: "I have no idea what the hell that statement means. I'm not going to try and figure it out either, as I have wasted enough time and effort on that 'band' already. In the meantime, I would like to personally thank Ihsahn for taking the slot. His professionalism in this situation is greatly appreciated."



Confirmed bands for ProgPower USA XII:



THERION **

SANCTUARY

IHSAHN **

EVERGREY (playing "In Search of Truth" in its entirety exclusively)

DREAM EVIL **

VANDEN PLAS **

LABYRINTH **

MOB RULES **

WHILE HEAVEN WEPT

POWERGLOVE

RED CIRCUIT **

VOYAGER

DARKWATER **

ELDRITCH **

HAKEN **

CREATION'S END



** U.S.-exclusive appearances

Re: oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 01:06
by Mesarthim
oh well, at least Ihsahn is a worthy replacement but shit I really wanted to see Arcturus.

Re: oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 01:44
by jawn galliano
never going to happen, not if you live in the US anyway

Re: oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 03:24
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
No point in that show now

Re: oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 03:36
by jawn galliano
i wouldn't mind seeing ihsahn, but i certainly wouldn't travel to atlanta to do it. other than that though, yeah its a shitty lineup.

Re: oh god damnit Arcturus

Posted: 14 Apr 2011, 06:30
by Mesarthim
I wouldn't say there is no point. i'm a big fan of ihsahn and Therion.