Page 1 of 2

SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 07:55
by Mesarthim
SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced - Apr. 14, 2011



Since the band's final show in Hawaii in 1997, SOUNDGARDEN fans have hoped that Matt Cameron, Chris Cornell, Ben Shepherd, and Kim Thayil would once again take their exalted rock show on the road. This summer, SOUNDGARDEN will do just that.



The band has recently confirmed that they are in the studio in Seattle, and are writing and recording what will be the first new SOUNDGARDEN album in over 15 years. In the meantime, they will take a break to play a city near you. Today, four shows from their summer tour are announced, with more to come in the coming weeks.



The pre-sale for the SOUNDGARDEN fan club begins on April 18 and the tickets for Toronto, Philadelphia and Los Angeles will go on sale to the public on April 23. Denver will go on sale to the public on April 24.



The dates are as follows:



July 02 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheater

July 03 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre

July 05 - Ottawa, ON - Ottawa Blues Fest

July 06 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena

July 08 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

July 09 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre

July 10 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center for the Performing Arts

July 12 - Fairfax, VA - Patriot Center

July 13 - Philadelphia, PA - Festival Pier at Penn's Landing

July 14 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Spa & Resort Event Center

July 16 - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL - UICPavilion

July 18 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater

July 21 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

July 22 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum

July 23 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint

July 29 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

July 30 - George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheater



Special guests:



* COHEED AND CAMBRIA: all shows July 2-10 (Toronto, London, Ottawa, Uncasville, Newark, Wantagh, Mansfield)

* THE MARS VOLTA: all shows July 12-23 (Fairfax, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, the official city of the chicago cubs, Morrison, San Francisco, Inglewood, Las Vegas)

* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MEAT PUPPETS: July 29 (Vancouver)

* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MASTODON, MEAT PUPPETS: July 30 (George, WA)



SOUNDGARDEN's first-ever official concert album, titled "Live On I5", sold 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 47 on The Billboard 200 chart. The set is compiled of live tracks from a 1996 West Coast tour by the band and is named after the Interstate 5. SOUNDGARDEN had intended to release the tapes of these shows as its first live album shortly after the tour, but the group ended up disbanding and the tapes were left in the studio, untouched for years.



SOUNDGARDEN released a CD/DVD retrospective set last September called "Telephantasm", featuring singles, album cuts, live material and the previously unavailable "Black Rain", which has been nominated for a Grammy Award.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 08:18
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I really really really really really really really wanna say I'm there. But I can only imagine those fucking ticket prices.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:36
by Abzu
[quote name="Nick"]I really really really really really really really wanna say I'm there. But I can only imagine those fucking ticket prices.[/quote]

If they end up disgustingly expensive, I'm going to be very disappointed in Soundgarden.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:45
by agony bagony
PREPARE FOR DISAPPOINTMENT!

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:48
by Abzu
:tear:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:48
by Abzu
Image

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 13:15
by jawn galliano
dusto has it. would love to get a chance to finally see them, but it's going to be crazy expensive and i'm pretty sure chris cornell's voice sucks now, so like, what's the point, man

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 16:44
by agony bagony
14 years is a looong hiatus

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:51
by rhino
I would love to go but philly is too far of a drive and yeah they will rape with the ticket prices

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 23:30
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Ticketmaster only has the Colorado show on there. Price range is $65-70 :oldryan:.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 23:44
by rhino
Image

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 02:57
by Abzu
If they're going to charge 60-70 for tickets, I'm going to just download their album rather than buy it. :fuckoff:



Eddie Vedder should slap them across their faces :doubleoldticketmaster:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 07:49
by agony bagony
[quote name="Dusto"]14 years is a looong hiatus[/quote]

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 08:36
by ^_____________^
I thought grunge died. Chris Cornell --> :oof: <-- Me



Go back to Audioslave. At least Tom Morello was in that band.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 08:38
by agony bagony
just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 08:39
by ^_____________^
[quote name="Dusto"]just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden[/quote]



That's correct, sir.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 08:41
by agony bagony
i just wanted to make sure i had my ducks in a row there

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:13
by ^_____________^
[quote name="Dusto"]i just wanted to make sure i had my ducks in a row there[/quote]

Do you not approve?

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:19
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I do not

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:25
by Abzu
[quote name="themicrulah"]
[quote name="Dusto"]just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden[/quote]



That's correct, sir.[/quote]

Image

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:27
by ^_____________^
Well, this is going good for me so far. I seem to have been received well here.



The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:37
by Abzu
:mmno: :shake:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:38
by Abzu
Is just a fact that Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audioslave in any respect whatsoever.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:46
by ^_____________^
[quote name="pulsar"]Is just a fact that Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audioslave in any respect whatsoever.[/quote]



It's just a fact that I'm going to sell you in a pet store to a lonely old Chinese man that lives in an igloo made out of garbage.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:50
by Abzu
:frown:

Tom Morello's Audioslave riffs were the shittiest he's ever written and Cornell's post-Soundgarden vocals are a joke.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:56
by ^_____________^
I think someone is a little angry. I think this someone might also be a little bit mad, a little bit aggravated, a little bit agitated, un poco loca, un peu fou, ein bisschen verrückt, un po 'matto, lite galen, 少し怒って, et cetera.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 09:59
by Abzu
I think someone's a little :loco:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:00
by ^_____________^
Fine. Have it your way.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:01
by Abzu
Cat Hallucination can be an anagram for Hint At Lacuna Coil :oldryan:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:06
by ^_____________^
Gay Rape Party can also be an anagram for Try a Gay Pear, P.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:17
by jawn galliano
[quote name="pulsar"]Cat Hallucination[/quote]



oh dear god no

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:30
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="themicrulah"]Well, this is going good for me so far. I seem to have been received well here.



The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.[/quote]



I don't even think Ryan likes audioslave. So there's that.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:38
by rhino
correct :santa:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:40
by ^_____________^
You guys suck. Everyone sucks. My feelings are hurt and I don't like it.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:45
by rhino
cool story bro

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:46
by ^_____________^
No. Apologize or I'm telling Mom.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:49
by rhino
meh, what you're doing has been done before you know

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:04
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Rhino nose

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:22
by jawn galliano
ok this must be cat hallucination

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:46
by ^_____________^
I'm not even trolling. I'm just being a dick.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:49
by supa tuna
either way, it's probably not gonna last much longer.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:49
by ^_____________^
Well, whatever. :kiss:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:50
by droidspawn
[quote name="themicrulah"]I'm not even trolling. I'm just being a dick.[/quote]







same thing

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:51
by supa tuna
[quote name="themicrulah"]Well, whatever. :kiss:[/quote]



:homework:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:52
by ^_____________^
I know. It's depressing. Can I get a hug around here?

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 12:19
by Abzu
Holy fuck if any new member was a CH candidate...

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 12:39
by ^_____________^
Cats can't hallucinate. But I can.

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 12:44
by droidspawn
:oof:

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 12:58
by jawn galliano
did the cat hallucinate, or was the cat itself merely a hallucination



SO DEEP. WHOAAAAAAAAA

Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced

Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 13:08
by supa tuna
[quote name="pulsar"]Holy fuck if any new member was a CH candidate...[/quote]