Page 1 of 1

the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:46
by rhino
[youtube]OyfakHcIqh8[/youtube]



i really need to give the new one some listens

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:50
by ^_____________^
I never got into this band. I've heard great things about them however, Deathrace King is supposed to be balls to the wall wtfawesome. Tompa is the vocalist as well.



I like Nightrage though.



[youtube]3aI-hKcTiyQ[/youtube]

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:54
by rhino
lindberg only sings on crowned in terror, and one song on deathrace king. i've been a fan for many years now but for some reason i havent really got into the new one









[youtube]pFsn-CReatI[/youtube]





crashing through the gaaaaaaatttteeeesssssss :xx:

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:56
by rhino
as for nightrage yeah i like the 2 records with lindberg and the ones after are pretty cool too



[youtube]D_mwO3iFsjw[/youtube]



love this song

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 04:11
by droidspawn
crowned in terror is in my top 10 albums





new album is eh, not bad but not particularly good either. Lindberg needs to get back in the band STAT.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 09:39
by Meat Engine
Fuck no sir. The best albums were with Listrand. Crowned Unholy was the best parting gift they could have given me. I get to hear the songs I do like with the vocalist I like. I literally do not remember what Crowned in Terror sounded like with Tomas Lindberg. It sits in my collection gathering dust.



I think the new hard-on bearer fills his shoes admirably. Doomsday King had more good tracks than forgettable ones. It needed more riffage like that found on Deathrace King.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 10:54
by droidspawn
deathrace king is fucking :xx:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





as is possesseed 13, though to a lesser extent





but crowned in terror just does something to me I can not explain

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 11:09
by jawn galliano
DRK is definitely one of my favorite speed-metal albums. soundtrack to a motherfucking speeding ticket right there, and it'd be completely worth it :idea:



i'd feel a lot better about killing my ticket-free driving history if i'd been listening to it when i got bagged in NC.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 12:19
by Meat Engine
For me, Deathrace King was the first death metal album where every track was memorable and awesome. It drew me in like no other album. Having gone back in their discography, Eternal Death is really the only album that wouldn't get regular play from me. Deathrace King would command the most, Possessed 13 the second most, and roughly equal time split between the rest.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 12:36
by Mr. P
I like the new one, it is guite solid album but the lack of really standing out songs like Angels Die, Crowned In Terror or Zombified are missing. I do like the new vocalist but it took a while to get used to him. I find myself jamming Crowned Unholy and Possessed 13 every now and then.



[youtube]LBtEKTYw-TA[/youtube]

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 14:41
by Meat Engine
I would say Age of Iron is the closest thing the new one has to a stand out track.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:26
by droidspawn
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I would say Age of Iron is the closest thing the new one has to a stand out track.[/quote]





:santa:



This is the one stand-out that caught my ears as well.

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:36
by rhino
np: drugged unholy :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:47
by droidspawn
ryan, what is your avy?

Re: the crown

Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:53
by rhino
new forgotten tomb album, i posted it in the media forum today, check it out :santa:

Re: the crown

Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 17:44
by agony bagony
the throne

Re: the crown

Posted: 30 Apr 2011, 08:13
by Meat Engine
I have given Doomsday King some more listens. I think it is a pretty heavy album. It just grows on you with successive listens.