Page 1 of 1
Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 13:32
by jawn galliano
Let's all beat a dead horse and circle-jerk to how utterly amazing this album is. Eternal Torture in particular is just mindblowingly intense, simply one of the finest death metal tracks ever crafted.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 13:54
by Drum Solo
I really need to give this album another try. I've given it several chances in the past, but for some reason Blasphemous Cremation is the only track that ever stood out. Good listening over all, but not the gold standard of excellence so many people advertise it as.
On the other hand, Diabolical Conquest has been a personal favorite since the first time I spun it.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 16:26
by Hallucinating dead
My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 17:58
by Lavabug
I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 18:02
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Onward is one of the best DM albums of all time!
Devoured Death, Golgotha, Rotting Spiritual Embodiment

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 18:20
by Drum Solo
[quote name="Lavabug"]I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.[/quote]
I've noticed the similarity too, except they eventually branched off. Immolation got to be more stoppy-starty, while Incantation remained more of a dark, sludgy outfit. Listen to 2:15+ because it's outstanding, especially for the "Impurity, domination, ever-enduring darkness I long for..." part.
<!-- m -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3AZX2UXKg<!-- m -->
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 18:23
by ^_____________^
I've never really liked NYDM that much, I'm a Swedish oriented type of hard-on bearer. This thread inspired me to spin some Incantation though, and It's better than I remember.
Although no one shall de-throne Autopsy.

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 20:04
by vega
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come

[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 20:12
by Hallucinating dead
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come

[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??

[/quote]
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 21:38
by vega
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come

[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??

[/quote]
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.[/quote]
I know about fest also but why they cant come to the other big cities? like delhi, mumbai, bangalore etc?
there are many metal guys in north east but also they are in the other parts of india. (but north east guys here you will see mostly in the techno clubs

)
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 22:29
by Hallucinating dead
You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:33
by droidspawn
mortal throne of nazarene

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 00:50
by vega
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green

[/quote]
real green = tea?
because darjeeling is only full of tea

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 01:04
by Hallucinating dead
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 05:13
by FUKKET
I always thought they sounded heaps like Immolation, just with lower vocals
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 05:39
by Hugo.
[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]
I never saw the attraction to this band.
Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 06:20
by FUKKET
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Skincision"]Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.[/quote][/quote]
"He's got a mousTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHE"
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 06:28
by Hugo.
[quote name="FUKKET"]

[/quote]
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 06:33
by Devy
[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 17:46
by agony bagony
i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 25 Apr 2011, 19:31
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Dusto"]i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song[/quote]
Kyle does not play on this album, but the title is hilarious

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 02:57
by Devy
It appears they're playing on this festival thing at the end of the week. I shall stand in front of them and listen to their sounds, then judge them. It won't be boobjudgement though. Actually, I'll decide at the time.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 03:35
by jawn galliano
i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 04:44
by Lavabug
[quote name="Derek Waters"]i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating

[/quote]
I saw them live in '05 with Hate Eternal in NY, sounded pretty good I guess. It happened to be highschool graduation day for me, god damn does time fly.
They also played in these remote canary isles once but I sarded.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 05:14
by Uros
Those of the posters that claim they are similar sounding to Immolation should try to listen much harder. They hardly have any similarities, except for maybe Immolation's first album, 'Dawn of Possession'. The difference today is even bigger than in the past.
I saw Incantation live once. Along with this one Maiden show, it was the single worst show I have ever attended. They played alright, but without any spirit involved. That said, I really like 'Onward to Golgotha' and 'Decimate Christendom'. Killer and original stuff, especially the former.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 06:00
by Lavabug
[quote name="Uros"]
Killer and original stuff, especially the former.[/quote]
Definitely not the latter for sure. To me they always sounded like Immolation with half the inspiration. That said they have a few standout "singles".
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 07:47
by Uros
Disagreed. They shoot for a different kind of atmosphere. Also, they are nowhere near dissonant comparing to Immolation. I do see them as 'brother bands' (correct term?), but that is given considering they are friends, come from the same state and that they both had Craig Smilowski behind the drumkit at one point in their careers. Not one of my faves, but those aforementioned are cool, especially 'Golgotha'.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 08:01
by Hallucinating dead
I dont find any similarity. Plus incantation has more doom elements. Mortal throne of nazarene is great death/doom master-piece.
Immolation is more a technical band. Ive never found the evilness in it which other old school death bands have.
Ive never considered immolation as old school other than the 1st album.
Incantation has great evil atmosphere plus all of there are albums are fuckin old school
you cant call them similar just because they both are from NY and both start with I and ends with N

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 09:27
by vega
immolation close to a world below sounds little bit doom not the fullon blasting death metal. a very evil sound that again we will not hear on nowadays death metal.

Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 21:11
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Incantation is one of those band that you don't really get into by the moment you hear the them, maybe the third time
[youtube]gcPVF2jd6X0[/youtube]
[youtube]RCetF8PPPbQ[/youtube]
[youtube]6dRTO_yTs-4[/youtube]
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Posted: 26 Apr 2011, 21:25
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I only own one and I can't remember what the hell it is