Page 1 of 1

death magnetic

Posted: 04 Jun 2009, 19:46
by Syysysyd
ive been giving this a few more spins lately. Overall its about 8x better than st. anger



so if you could narrow it down to a 3 song ep which songs would you pick? I would go with :

All nightmare long

Suicide and Redemption

My Apocalypse



...for being the only 3 decent songs on the album, and if i had to pick a fourth it would be This was just your life maybe Judas Kiss but the rest of the album seems rather meh comparatively

all nightmare long is a fun song and though S&R is no orion it has the best leads on the album

my apocalypse for being bringing back old school metallica \m/w\

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 04 Jun 2009, 23:11
by shadowalk
All Nightmare Long...that song is the most Master Of Puppets-ish out of the whole record and I love it! :bang:



For what it is, it is a great album just as St. Anger is. I appreciate the bare-bones, garage band-theme of St. Anger where they just wanted to be as loud and dirty as they could be and it works. The same thing goes for Death Magnetic. Metallica wanted to get back on further progressing their sound and releasing an album where they all worked together to make and I'd say DM would be the logical product of this. I'd say it's the next logical record for Metallica's streak of 'good' album after the black album. :idea:

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 00:01
by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
I went with "All Nightmare Long", "Cyanide", and "My Apocalypse".

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 00:26
by methodrone
i think that the all nightmare long video + song = awesome.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 03:28
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing. :krinor:

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 05:43
by rhino
nightmare and judas kiss

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 07:22
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
life, nightmare, judas kiss.



everything else is meh. the instrumental is boring as fuck.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 07:45
by FUKKET
i vote none

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 09:04
by Abzu
I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 17:40
by Syysysyd
[quote name="Skinfection"]
[quote name="Ignatius"]Overall its about 8x better than st. anger[/quote]



its funny how people say things like this as if st. anger was some monster album no one thought theyd top[/quote]

i'm sure like most people I had no expectations after st. anger and for a while believed metallica was well and done for. Can you blame me for being pleasantly surprised when they release a catchy garage monster of a tune like all nightmare long?



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing. :krinor:[/quote]



you dont dig AJFA or black album?

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 00:35
by Mutilator
All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest sucks even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!!

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 01:17
by Mr. P
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]

And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!



And for the poll, In the following order



Nightmare

Broken

Judas

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 04:02
by Santyago
I only like All Nightmare Long.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 20:58
by Samael
I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.

You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 23 Jun 2009, 05:15
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
[quote name="Samael"]I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.

You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.[/quote]



I didn't really know that an album like Load/Reload was the "in thing" at the height of their commercial success with the Black Album, other than a song like "Mama Said".



Really, the only pandering to the masses that they've ever done was Death Magnetic, because fans wanted a "return to form". When else in their careers have they done that?

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 01:50
by Haunty
[quote name="abzu"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 01:55
by Haunty
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]

And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!



And for the poll, In the following order



Nightmare

Broken

Judas[/quote]



I actually will have to go with Mutilator on this, having just listened to one of the songs from that album. It's surprisingly good, and sounds a LOT like Master of Puppets.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 05:14
by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 09:14
by Abzu
[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]http://www.teufelstomb.com/reviews/meta ... hmagnetic/





:redneck:[/quote]

:greenie: Teufel win.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 00:05
by Jackson
This is the most boring album ever!



:vomit:

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 00:12
by agony bagony
ok it isnt a masterpiece but it really is not the most boring album ever

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 03:32
by ^_____________^
[quote name="pulsar"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 03:46
by ThrashedDeatH
I only like That Was Just Your Life and My Apocalypse.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:26
by agony bagony
that was just your life, all nightmare long, and suicide and redemption are neat



the end of the line, the judas kiss, and my apocalypse are pretty to mostly neat



broken beat and scarred has neat riffs but retarded and embarrassing lyrics, so that balances out to just ok



cyanide is almost entirely boring



the day that never comes and the unforgiven 3 are not songs that needed to be written



:brushteeth:

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:31
by rhino
i forgot this album existed



its not entirely bad

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:34
by agony bagony
its alright. it does sound like they give a shit and wanted to make a really good record. it also sounds like old men trying to revive a formula they willingly turned away from ages ago

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:35
by rhino
thats why the should go back to the rock/blues load style and they could possibly make another great album

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:37
by deckard
they should ditch rubins engineer, the production is shit.

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:38
by rhino
that too

Re: death magnetic

Posted: 30 May 2011, 04:38
by agony bagony
:idea: