Page 1 of 1

AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 19:29
by shadowalk
AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available



Former DEICIDE members Eric Hoffmann (guitar) and Brian Hoffman (guitar) recently resurrected their pre-DEICIDE band AMON with Jesse "Jecheal" Jolly (PROMETHEAN HORDE, DIABOLIC, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY, AFTER DEATH) on vocals/bass and and Mike Petrak (LEPROSY, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY) on drums. The Florida-based quartet entered RedRoom Recorders in Tampa on December 10, 2010 with producer Mark Prator to record its new album, entitled "Liar In Wait". The Hoffman brothers began recording guitar tracks for the CD on April 30. Eric tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "Mark is doing an excellent job! We are using ENGL amps for this recording and they sound fruital." The CD will consist of nine songs and will be made available later in the year via AMON's own record label.



Check out new photos from the studio below.



"We were actually going to use the [DEICIDE] name [for the new band], but [DEICIDE members Glen Benton and Steve Asheim] got on the bandwagon faster than us," Eric told Terrorizer magazine. "They basically took the name, and Glen writes all the lyrics, so the kids are familiar with that, but in the beginning we hired Glen, and we wrote most of the music. So we had to go out and find a singer, which was pretty difficult at the time."



When asked about the musical direction of AMON, Eric said, "[The music's] a little bit more technical than the DEICIDE stuff. It's not too intricate, so it's still catchy at the same time. You'll still have a couple of classic DEICIDE beginnings, and then it'll go into some killer technical, in-your-face shit."



While confirming that AMON will play several DEICIDE classics during the band's upcoming live shows — "We've gotta give it to the fans," says Eric — the guitarist remains adamant that any chances of a reunion with Glen and Steve remain slim.



"This is our band," Eric said. "I haven't seen [Glen] in six years. He says if he sees me, he's gonna shoot me and ask questions later. He hates me more than Jesus."



AMON recorded two demos — 1987's "Feasting The Beast" and 1989's "Sacrifical" — before signing with Roadrunner Records and changing its name to DEICIDE. After producing two extremely successful albums as DEICIDE, the band chose to make the AMON demos available on CD in 1993 under the title "Amon: Feasting The Beast".



The Hoffman brothers parted ways with DEICIDE in 2004 after becoming embroiled in a bitter dispute with DEICIDE bassist/vocalist Glen Benton over royalties and publishing issues.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Yeah! Bring back them pointy kintars! :greenie:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 19:37
by Verbal
:oldryan:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 20:16
by Mr. P
I think those guitar that Brian and Eric are holding are recently designed by Eric (or which one from them. And they do look ugly.



Let's wait what they will record.

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:28
by Anjel
Brian got long hair again. :bang:

I am wondering how this will sound.



Yeah, Brian builds guitars. It was said on the making of Scars of the crucifix (also featured on When London burns).

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:38
by agony bagony
holy fuck those guys are ugly

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:55
by vega
[quote name="shadowalk"]



"This is our band," Eric said. "I haven't seen [Glen] in six years. He says if he sees me, he's gonna shoot me and ask questions later. He hates me more than Jesus."

[/quote]





:thingy:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 21:57
by agony bagony
Image



SANDALS



none more metal :ra:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 22:01
by vega
i also wear sandals and also the chappals :santa:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 22:12
by agony bagony
well then you sir need to submit your resume to this band and insist that they hire you

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 03 May 2011, 23:55
by shadowalk
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]i also wear sandals[/quote]

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 00:35
by agony bagony
i will direct you to my previous response

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 01:39
by Haunty
That hard-on bearer looks like me.

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 02:56
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure!

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 03:50
by Those Insane Gods
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 03:55
by Verbal
why you would listen beyond legion is beyond me

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 04:12
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 04:26
by vO)))id
Yep those guitars are one of the ugliest abominations I have ever seen... :puke:



Funny thing though, Brian has long hair again and Eric got a shave :redneck:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 04:40
by agony bagony
the guitar in the middle is actually uglier than the hoffman brothers themselves, which is truly spectacular

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 04:50
by Anjel
[quote name="Verbal"]why you would listen beyond legion is beyond me[/quote]



Image

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 06:22
by Those Insane Gods
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*[/quote]



I actually prefer Scars to Serpents. I always found Serpents to be ultra boring. But the only Deicide albums I still listen to on the regular are the debut and Legion. Once Upon The Cross is pretty good as well. But I rarely put it on.

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 09:11
by Bathsalt Zombie
Knowing Jesse's vocal style, I see this being pretty good. I'm gonna ask Jesse or at least his wife if I can hear the album for free. :redneck:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 18:12
by Haunty
Awwww, they only just started? :eyes:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 21:26
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*[/quote]



I actually prefer Scars to Serpents. I always found Serpents to be ultra boring. But the only Deicide albums I still listen to on the regular are the debut and Legion.[/quote]

+1

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:04
by agony bagony
ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:05
by Verbal
[quote name="Verbal"]:oldryan:[/quote]

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:08
by agony bagony
yup

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:12
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="Dusto"]ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos[/quote]



No more roids

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:16
by Verbal
Image

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:25
by agony bagony
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="Dusto"]ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos[/quote]



No more roids[/quote]



cause they were so pretty during the gloryhole era

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:44
by shadowalk
[quote name="Verbal"]Image[/quote]

:shake: