Page 1 of 1

Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 04:03
by Mutilator
DEATH's Legendary 'Human' Album To Be Reissued; Previously Unseen Studio Footage Available - May 6, 2011



DEATH's legendary fourth album, "Human", will mark its 20th anniversary with an official reissue on June 21 in North America (June 27 internationally) via Relapse Records. The LP was entirely remixed by longtime DEATH producer Jim Morris and remastered by Alan Douches (MASTODON, CONVERGE, MISFITS). This special 20th-anniversary edition of the album will come complete with expanded packaging featuring liner notes from Morris as well as former DEATH/current CYNIC guitarist Paul Masvidal and over an hour of newly unearthed, previously unreleased early demo tracks.



"Human" will be available on two- and three-disc sets as well as digitally.



Commented Morris (pictured below): "[This was] an awesome experience for me." He added, "We were contacted by Chuck Schuldiner's intellectual property lawyer, Eric Greif, the former manager of DEATH."



Added Eric Greif: "The former DEATH guys Paul Masvidal (guitar), Sean Reinert (drums) and Steve DiGiorgio (bass) are all 'ecstatic' about the prospect of a heavier mix, where all the instruments can be heard and modern technology utilized. Jim said he took into account everything he and Chuck agreed upon during the making of 'Symbolic' (1995) and 'The Sound Of Perseverance' (1998) as his guide for what he believed Chuck would want from such a remix. I myself am thrilled."



CD pre-orders are being accepted now at this location (digitally via iTunes). <!-- m -->http://shop.relapse.com/store/product.a ... ctID=44078<!-- m -->



"Human" is the best-selling DEATH album of the SoundScan era, having shifted around 95,000 copies in the United States since its October 1991 release.



Previously unreleased footage of DEATH during the original May 1991 "Human" mixing sessions at Morrisound studios in Tampa, Florida can be viewed in three parts below.



[youtube]N8v0ihd9nzs[/youtube]



[youtube]SJQh8y95gao[/youtube]



[youtube]PF3uDu-mkGs[/youtube]



I already pre-ordered my 3cd copy

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 04:08
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
:interessant:



this might get ordered depending on the price

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 04:59
by Anjel
I hope they turn up DiGiorgio on this.



And I want Scream Bloody Gore remaster!

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 05:19
by Verbal
deaths best album :santa:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 07:22
by FUKKET
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album :santa:[/quote]



and the only one in my collection

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 07:29
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album :santa:[/quote]



But this thread is about human

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 15:18
by Verbal
oh i see what you did there

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 15:51
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album :santa:[/quote]



and the only one in my collection[/quote]

Go get Scream Bloody Gore and Lepropsy right now :waa: :waa: :waa:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 16:34
by vO)))id
very interesting footage!

I'm not really a Death fan but this is :interessant:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 16:37
by Verbal
[quote name="Void"]very interesting footage!

I'm not really a Death fan but this is :interessant:[/quote]



AND you dont like carcass?



:shock:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 16:45
by vO)))id
I don't like them, I can't stand them! I'd prefer Death over Carcass any time. :vomit:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 19:03
by Mutilator
[quote name="Void"]I don't like them, I can't stand them! I'd prefer Death over Carcass any time. :vomit:[/quote]



What can possibly be wrong with Carcass? :frown:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 19:07
by vO)))id
I don't like their music but what bothers me the most, are the vocals. They totally throw shit on the fire.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 07 May 2011, 19:14
by Mutilator
I think Carcass are godz and their vocals are great: especially when Jeff and Bill do the vocal combo, it sounds totally sick (which I love). No wonder their style is imitated a lot.



Symphonies of sickness and Necroticism are milestone classics and shaped a lot for the grindcore music style while Heartwork seemed to have paved the way for melodic death metal so no question about the high and influential quality of their music.



Anyway, Death was great too of course.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 15:41
by FUKKET
[quote name="Void"]very interesting footage!

I'm not really a Death fan but this is :interessant:[/quote]

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 15:44
by FUKKET
this is on the related links



[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube]

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 17:08
by xpocalypse
i can't understand how can anybody, who is into fruital music not like Death or Carcass

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 18:09
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="FUKKET"]this is on the related links



[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]

I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 18:47
by vO)))id
I do like Death, they have very good songs, but I'm just not a big fan, that is all.

Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 23:38
by Mutilator
[quote name="Void"]I do like Death, they have very good songs, but I'm just not a big fan, that is all.

Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.[/quote]



Sure it's always a matter of taste, but being a fan of top-notch guitar work Death is right there.



The animosity towards Carcass I totally can't comprehend: maybe you don't like the 'barking' grunt of Jeff, but Bill's grunt ranks among the best there is/was. doing those 2 together was something unheard of before; totally sick sounding with fantastic original sick lyrics. Great riffing and drumbeats also, lots of groove..man the more I think about this band the higher my opinion about them gets :bang: :bang: :bang:



I wish nowadays bands were as original and boundary-breaking as they were.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 08 May 2011, 23:59
by Uni777
I must say that i am not that fond of Death either. I like the first two a lot, though after that i lost interest. Sure the guitar work is good. Esp. the stuff Andy laRoque did with them. But I'd rather listen to Chuck his main influence (Watchtower) than Death itself. I alway found there was something in his guitar-tone which totally turned me off of them.



I do like Carcass however, Necrotism and Heartwork are cool. I prefer Jeff his voice however.

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 09 May 2011, 04:00
by Mutilator
What do you then mean exactly with 'guitar tone'? Every album sounds different both in style and production/sound, although always unmistakely Death. :bang: :bang: :bang:



For instance I love the sound on Human and I can't imagine how they can improve the sound :huh:

Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)

Posted: 09 May 2011, 04:26
by Mutilator
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]this is on the related links



[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]

I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.[/quote]



I think so too: meanwhile he's put up some more like for example this:



[youtube]sl2ZX0TfxLs[/youtube]