I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

*intense screaming*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!*intense screaming*



[youtube]0rvJyWjODY0[/youtube]





old Cryptopsy :xx:
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Anjel »

Blasphemy made flesh and None so vile. :xx:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

the production on bmf is awful



its like *amusing simile*
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Meat Engine »

Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.
User avatar
Uncle Tuna
Neophyte
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 15:43

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Uncle Tuna »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.[/quote]





I disagree that it's overrated. For when it put out it was way ahead of it's time. There isn't a single bad song on the album.
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

excellent album. right up there with my favourite dm albums. thats all i really care about. i try to not care how other people rate it (or any other album for that matter).
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Ninny »

:xx:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

that jam session has been around a while. they play the full album i think. that seems to be the only clip on youtube though



anyone have a link to thefull thing?
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Meat Engine »

[quote name="Uncle Tuna"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.[/quote]





I disagree that it's overrated. For when it put out it was way ahead of it's time. There isn't a single bad song on the album.[/quote]



My dissatisfaction with the vocal performance is proportional to the amount of time that passes. That is primarily what gets my goat.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by zim »

well, that video was awesome. :bang:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Ninny »

Lord Worm wearing glasses for some reason adds to the coolness :xx:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Uncle Tuna"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.[/quote]





I disagree that it's overrated. For when it put out it was way ahead of it's time. There isn't a single bad song on the album.[/quote]



My dissatisfaction with the vocal performance is proportional to the amount of time that passes. That is primarily what gets my goat.[/quote]



lord worm has always been an awful vocalist, his performance kept me away from listening to this band for a long time. i eventually warmed up to the earlier albums and still enjoy listening to them from time to time, but his vocals still kill me every time. disalvo was actually pretty great, compared to LW.



of course, it goes without saying LW on once was not was just laughably bad. i'm sure there might have been something good buried in that disc, but the vocals and absolutely atrocious production did a fantastic job of hiding whatever that might have been.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Anjel »

Imo Lord Worm > All of their other vocalists.
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

i enjoy lord worms vocals on none so vile :fuckoff:



disalvo is terrible
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Meat Engine »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Uncle Tuna"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.[/quote]





I disagree that it's overrated. For when it put out it was way ahead of it's time. There isn't a single bad song on the album.[/quote]



My dissatisfaction with the vocal performance is proportional to the amount of time that passes. That is primarily what gets my goat.[/quote]



lord worm has always been an awful vocalist, his performance kept me away from listening to this band for a long time. i eventually warmed up to the earlier albums and still enjoy listening to them from time to time, but his vocals still kill me every time. disalvo was actually pretty great, compared to LW.



of course, it goes without saying LW on once was not was just laughably bad. i'm sure there might have been something good buried in that disc, but the vocals and absolutely atrocious production did a fantastic job of hiding whatever that might have been.[/quote]



I can't agree with you more, especially regarding the performance on Once Was Not. I was not always a van of DiSalvo. I blame it on groupthink. Having listened to all of it independent other opinions, I have changed my mind totally. DiSalvo was the best vocalist they had. The two albums he was on had the best sound, too. The trio of Jon, Eric and Flo never sounded so good as they did on those two albums.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Ninny"]Lord Worm wearing glasses for some reason adds to the coolness :xx:[/quote]



AGREE.





None so Vile is phenomenal. It's a crazy twist between Napalm Death's FETO and Suffocations EFFIGY. Perfect album.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Anjel »

I think Blasphemy made flesh is an underrated album. It's awesome, it sounds very grindish and Lord Worm sounds awesome on it. That scream in Open Face Surgery. :waa:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

open face surgery is about nineteen flavours of awesome
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Hugo. »

Its very hard to consider NSV overrated when its simply one of the best albums out there.



Finger up your bum, Fu :fuckoff:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Abzu »

I have a slew of opinions on this thread that have all been phrased already.



[quote name="Anjel"]Imo Lord Worm > All of their other vocalists.[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]i enjoy lord worms vocals on none so vile :fuckoff:



disalvo is terrible[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]open face surgery is about nineteen flavours of awesome[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]
[quote name="Verbal"]i enjoy lord worms vocals on none so vile :fuckoff:



disalvo is terrible[/quote][/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Hugo. »

Have you seen the new guys hair? Its awesome. He must use herbal essences shampoo or whatnot. How does he get it so straight?
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Devy »

LORD WORM'S HAIR IS BETTER THAN THAT hard-on bearer'S HAIR!
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Mutilator »

Cryptopsy used the Evil dead 3 sample at the end of the album, but where does this sample come from?
User avatar
djonni greazo
Ancient One
Posts: 2752
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
Location: NWO
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by djonni greazo »

lord worm > every other cryptopsy vocalist combined
:xx: Image :xx:
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by TamPron »

I have never been able to enjoy this band on disc, but live they are quite sexy.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by zim »

how the shit could you not enjoy this



[youtube]9iLmF_2q7KA[/youtube]

or this

[youtube]RiAV6_YZQl8[/youtube]

or this

[youtube]PluKQiJ50iY[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="djonni greazo"]lord worm > every other cryptopsy vocalist combined[/quote]



were you drunk when you originally made this post? :redneck:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="Maze"][youtube]0rvJyWjODY0[/youtube][/quote]



Anyone know where I can find the full video?
User avatar
djonni greazo
Ancient One
Posts: 2752
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
Location: NWO
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="Verbal"]
[quote name="djonni greazo"]lord worm > every other cryptopsy vocalist combined[/quote]



were you drunk when you originally made this post? :redneck:[/quote]



:idea:
:xx: Image :xx:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="djonni greazo"]
[quote name="Verbal"]
[quote name="djonni greazo"]lord worm > every other cryptopsy vocalist combined[/quote]



were you drunk when you originally made this post? :redneck:[/quote]



:idea:[/quote]



Sweet.
User avatar
djonni greazo
Ancient One
Posts: 2752
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
Location: NWO
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="Verbal"]
[quote name="djonni greazo"]
[quote name="Verbal"]
[quote name="djonni greazo"]lord worm > every other cryptopsy vocalist combined[/quote]



were you drunk when you originally made this post? :redneck:[/quote]



:idea:[/quote]



Sweet.[/quote]



why?
:xx: Image :xx:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Verbal »

Why is that sweet?



I have paroxysmal good moods where I think things are sweet.
User avatar
Uncle Tuna
Neophyte
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 15:43

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Uncle Tuna »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Uncle Tuna"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]Before I say my piece, let me state up front that I enjoy None So Vile. With that said, None So Vile has to be firmly in the top ten for most overrated death metal albums. It's probably sniffing around the top five.[/quote]





I disagree that it's overrated. For when it put out it was way ahead of it's time. There isn't a single bad song on the album.[/quote]



My dissatisfaction with the vocal performance is proportional to the amount of time that passes. That is primarily what gets my goat.[/quote]





I'm curious to know what it is about those vocals you don't like, I think those are some of the best vocals ever.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Meat Engine »

On Once Was Not, they're just terrible, like mimicry of what a death metal vocalist should be. On the earlier albums they seem lazy. I refer primarily to the lower register. The screams are pretty good.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Hugo. »

Once was not is a harsh old beast of an animal!
Image
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]On the earlier albums they seem lazy.[/quote]



:hard-on bearer:
User avatar
Uncle Tuna
Neophyte
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 15:43

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Uncle Tuna »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]On Once Was Not, they're just terrible, like mimicry of what a death metal vocalist should be. On the earlier albums they seem lazy. I refer primarily to the lower register. The screams are pretty good.[/quote]



Well, i'm talking mostly about None So Vile.



I think Once Was Not is just a shitty production job.
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Syysysyd »

[quote name="The Fu Monster"]On Once Was Not, they're just terrible, like mimicry of what a death metal vocalist should be. On the earlier albums they seem lazy. I refer primarily to the lower register. The screams are pretty good.[/quote]



Im gonna second this.
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]the exorcist III (which is probably the most sampled movie in metal)[/quote]



Ah ok thanks. I liked that movie btw.

I know Luciferion used it on the song Rebel souls on their Demonication (the manifest) album. Do you know other examples?



[quote name="Anjel"]Imo Lord Worm > All of their other vocalists.[/quote]



Lord Worm is the ultimate Cryptopsy singer: he sounds very sick & deranged like he's throwing up and indeed Open face surgery holds great examples this.



Mike diSalvo is a great singer and fanatic onstage, but he sounds just like an average hardcore/grindcore singer.

The other gruntsingers sound also very average, nothing special, so I totally agree with Anjel.



[quote name="The Fu Monster"]On Once Was Not, they're just terrible, like mimicry of what a death metal vocalist should be. On the earlier albums they seem lazy. I refer primarily to the lower register. The screams are pretty good.[/quote]



Why lazy? :huh:
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 16422
Joined: 09 Apr 2003, 05:39
Location: Unknown

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by User »

been jamming some nsv muchly in this period on after-work winter walks by the bay :horns:



so many catchy bits, brilliant fucking beats, and those ridiculous vox that are so oddly musical



the album reminds me of high school days and parties where i would drag people into dark rooms, force them to drink whiskey and listen to cryptopsy.

there were a few converts but this behaviour was a tolerated eccentricity to most.



ah, sweet reconciliation of a love of metal with a teenage social life.



from the 2006 tour


<!-- ia0 -->2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

<!-- ia1 -->1.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
more metal
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by agony bagony »

none so vile is one of my all-time favorites. i'm struggling to come up with a death metal album i like more and all i can think of are a choice few that i like almost as much
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

his arms look painfully twisted in that first picture
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="ein dusto"]none so vile is one of my all-time favorites. i'm struggling to come up with a death metal album i like more and all i can think of are a choice few that i like almost as much[/quote]
Image
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: I do that rather well.....Don´t you think?

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="Hugo"]
[quote name="ein dusto"]none so vile is one of my all-time favorites. i'm struggling to come up with a death metal album i like more and all i can think of are a choice few that i like almost as much[/quote][/quote]
Post Reply