New Iron Maiden album
- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
New Iron Maiden album
I decided to pout up a thread here instead of file section which some don't view so often. You thoughts on the new album?
I have now listened 2 days for the album and I am disapointed for the outcome. Final Frontier, the actual song part, is very nice track and El Dorado is also a tune for enjoy, but after that I think the level lowers uite dramatically. Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, Talisman could have easily been erased from this album. The Alchemist and The Man Who Would Be King are the two ok level songs, but still too long and should have been edited to be shorter like all the other songs.
In the end; I think there would have been material to write a good 40-45 minute album instead I think there is 35 minutes of extra unnecessary wankery added. My first reaction to this album was even worse than with the album before. And oh dear, Bruce just sounds awful in some songs.
I have now listened 2 days for the album and I am disapointed for the outcome. Final Frontier, the actual song part, is very nice track and El Dorado is also a tune for enjoy, but after that I think the level lowers uite dramatically. Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, Talisman could have easily been erased from this album. The Alchemist and The Man Who Would Be King are the two ok level songs, but still too long and should have been edited to be shorter like all the other songs.
In the end; I think there would have been material to write a good 40-45 minute album instead I think there is 35 minutes of extra unnecessary wankery added. My first reaction to this album was even worse than with the album before. And oh dear, Bruce just sounds awful in some songs.
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: New Iron Maiden album
And they turned Eddie into some weird alien monster thing.... 
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: New Iron Maiden album
is from ages that I sard Maiden nu albums 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
- djonni greazo
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2752
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
- Location: NWO
- Contact:
Re: New Iron Maiden album
the only maiden album after Seventh son i enjoyed was X Factor. and this is no exception. goddamn why do they have to needlessly extend their songs?! not even opeth and metallica are so dull about it. only vital remains can challenge these old farts in the "needless repetition" part
- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: New Iron Maiden album
I really can't get very into the material after 1985
p.s. I can't stand Dickinson
p.s. I can't stand Dickinson

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: New Iron Maiden album
I spin the first album occasionally. I generally dislike this band. Cheesey lyrics and vocals. 
- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: New Iron Maiden album
[quote name="Pentelesh"]Only 1,5 replies regarding the actual topic
[/quote]
I fully agree with every thing you said in the first post.
I fully agree with every thing you said in the first post.
- Humwawa
- Mature Neophyte
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 06 Feb 2010, 16:42
Re: New Iron Maiden album
The opening riff of the 4th song "Coming Home" is totally ripped of some song of ALAS (Erik Rutan's sideproject
). The riff and even soundwise...
'The Man who would be King' is the best song on the album imo. It struck me it was mainly written by Dave Murray, since he doesn't write a lot of material for Maiden.
'The Man who would be King' is the best song on the album imo. It struck me it was mainly written by Dave Murray, since he doesn't write a lot of material for Maiden.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: New Iron Maiden album
Starblind has lots of rippoff from Infinite dreams.
Overall the whole album has these halfish recycled melodics from various previous albums.
This is just Maiden anno 2010 and I like it for what it is.
I'm also very happy that it's much better than the 2 previous albums which disappointed me.
Where the wild wind blows is a great track btw.
When it becomes cheaper I'll buy it.
Overall the whole album has these halfish recycled melodics from various previous albums.
This is just Maiden anno 2010 and I like it for what it is.
I'm also very happy that it's much better than the 2 previous albums which disappointed me.
Where the wild wind blows is a great track btw.
When it becomes cheaper I'll buy it.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: New Iron Maiden album
I picked it up at best buy for $5! $9.99 on sale and I got a $5 reward certificate. It's an alright album overall. Not that good, 2-3 decent tracks but definitely worth $5.