Say Goodnight To The World

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Say Goodnight To The World

Post by Loki »

So far I'm loving the hell out of this. The opening track is great, I'm only 3 songs in so I can't say much thus far. There's very little that Dax has released that I don't enjoy, so I think a preemptive :thingy: is justified.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by rhino »

I don't like it. dax riggs is gay now
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by droidspawn »

The new Dax is fucking killer Ryan! :waa:



It's a lot better than that second deadboy album with that chick drummer where he was trying to be Jack White.





Would I rather see Acid Bath reform? fuck yes I would, but I think his solo stuff still has merit.
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by Loki »

I've liked his solo stuff (Agents of Oblivion and Deadboy stuff included in this category) better than Acid Bath. I still dig Acid, but I honestly cannot recall the last time I listened to them and it wasn't Scream of the Butterfly or New Death Sensation. I have to be in a particular mood to want something heavy like that these days, but his solo stuff hits the spot of my ear-stomach the majority of the time.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by rhino »

[quote name="jorsh"]The new Dax is fucking killer Ryan! :waa:



It's a lot better than that second deadboy album with that chick drummer where he was trying to be Jack White.





Would I rather see Acid Bath reform? fuck yes I would, but I think his solo stuff still has merit.[/quote]







few things bug me about his new direction... it seems he isnt throwing his voice around like he used to, i love his crooning on agents and the first deadboy, some of his vocals were chill bump inducing. plus he had better musicians backing him and WRITING the music. now he writes it all himself, and alot of the songs are too simple and bland for the most part. i mean some songs i do think are ok (no one will be a stranger), but its just lacking imo



i'd take the atmospheric, epic sounds of agents over the poppy, hipster sound of the new dax anyday
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by droidspawn »

I would take Agents over solo Dax as well. He's just one of the few artists I connect with so well (him, Phil, and Layne) that I just enjoy pretty much everything he puts out.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Say Goodnight To The World

Post by rhino »

my favorite dax song ever:



[youtube]Ox8Oh1uSCAA[/youtube]





:eyes: :xx:
Post Reply