Testament's Demonic

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Testament's Demonic

Post by shadowalk »

Fuck them close-minded pricks, this is one of the heaviest Testament tunes ever.

[youtube]xz-P0jsZF2Y[/youtube]
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Haunty »

I've been debating what to say to this. I'm going with "This blows goats, and you should feel bad about yourself."
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Mutilator »

Despite Gene hoglan drumming on it, I never got into this album. From that era, I prefer Low instead.
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by shadowalk »

The Gathering is my all time favorite Testament record. I like Low better than Demonic but the latter definitely has its moments of win.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by rhino »

i do not own demonic :oldryan: ::::::::::
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="shadowalk"]The Gathering is my all time favorite Testament record. .[/quote]

+1
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Mutilator »

The Gathering is great, and more importantly, a return to form concerning intensity. Every Testament from that moment became great again.



People who say that The Gathering is their alltime fave, should explain it, why, by songs, because apart from The legions of the dead, I think it's doesn't surpass the later work at all, because that's also great!
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Uni777 »

For me it is the overall vibe of the production. The guitar sound with the lower tuning. The more gruntlike vocals. To me it sounds like a Darkside Testament.



But why does a preference always have to be defined. Sometimes things just hit the right spot or not....
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by shadowalk »

I love The Gathering because that album is just one big kick in the face. That album is just dark and evil all throughout and I just love those damn-heavy-straight-to-your face riffs like that of Careful What You Wish For. I'm a sucker for simple, heavy riffs that do not rely on being ub3r-technical or whatever and are just goddamn heavy. Even on the few clean parts on this record, that dark atmosphere remains and this is something the Testament guys are known to be really good at. As for the guitar tone, well, let's just say it's probably the album with my all-time favorite guitar tone. That superb EMG 81/Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier combo is just free of bullshit and gets the job done very well.
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by Haunty »

I gotta say, Chuck Billy is a fucking MONSTER vocalist.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One
Posts: 1352
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 14:13
Location: New York

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by captain twat. IV. »

[quote name="hbw"]I gotta say, Chuck Billy is a fucking MONSTER vocalist.[/quote]



Indeed.What did you all think of the newest album?I have it but have only listened to it twice. :oldryan:

It didn't particulary seem bad,just nothing stuck out for me.
Image
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Testament's Demonic

Post by shadowalk »

For me their new record is a nice mix of the old thrashy stuff and Low except this one has good ol' Mr. Skolnick on lead guitar. I think the new record is their most vocally-focused record yet as Mr. Billy has definitely shown his amazing ability as a vocalist on a lot of the songs and I appreciate the fact that they don't just rely on the rhythm section to get the job done (I'm not saying that the rhythm section sucks). There's a lot of Electric Crown-ish elements throughout the record but you've also got fruital thrashers like the self-titled track which is probably my favorite on the entire record. Overall, definitely a good Testament record. :idea:
Post Reply