Ol to bungee jump for charity

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by rhino »

:thingy:



In March 2010, guitarist Ol Drake of British thrashers EVILE issued the following statement upon learning his band had been nominated for a Metal Hammer Golden Gods award: "If we win, I promise we will do a bungee jump, dressed as cowboys. I'm writing that without checking if anyone else will do it, but that's how I roll. But I definitely will."



Six months later, Metal Hammer Golden Gods "Metal As Fuck" award in hand, Ol and EVILE are facing up to the consequences of that statement. Ol will bungee jump for charity dressed as a cowboy. Accompanying him will be Alexander Milas, editor of Metal Hammer magazine and winner of 2009 "PPA Editor of the Year" award.



Ol has admitted that he is looking forward to jumping 170 feet dressed as a cowboy for charity this coming Sunday.



"As the moment of truth draws nearer, I'm actually genuinely looking forward to plummeting," Ol Drake tells Metal Hammer magazine. "A while ago I was stood on the 15th floor of a hotel balcony. I looked down and thought, 'no way.' The other day I was on a high bridge, and looking down just made me want to do the bungee jump. All I've got to think now is that I'll be dressed as a fucking cowboy whilst doing it.



"I've been overwhelmed by the amount of support for Alex and I, and the amount of money donated is amazing. Please continue to give whatever you can to my Just Giving page for the British Lung Foundation, and to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund (including 'Jump4Metal' in the donation)."



Milas adds: "As the day approaches I am gripped by an overwhelming fear that this could all go disastrously, horrifically wrong and I'll look silly in my Zorro outfit.



"Thanks so very much to all who've donated — your generosity in support of these worthy causes is deeply appreciated."



Ol Drake will be jumping dressed as a cowboy in aid of the British Lung Foundation, in memory of late EVILE bassist Mike Alexander. The British Lung Foundation are the only U.K. charity that helps people with any lung condition. There are 8 million people in this country with lung disease — whether it's pneumonia, asthma, COPD, or lung cancer, the charity strives to be there for them and their loved ones. The British Lung Foundation provides information and support for people with pulmonary embolisms and their families via the help line, publications and recent scientific research into the condition.



Milas will be jumping dressed as Zorro in aid of the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund, in memory of Dio. Stand Up And Shout is primarily to provide free cancer screening programs and testing to the public regardless of any individual's ability to pay for it, and to provide financial assistance to cancer patients who are burdened with the cost of health care.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote]
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote][/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote][/quote][/quote]
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]



and HE needs to post it on MABB
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by Syysysyd »

:xx:
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Ol to bungee jump for charity

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Lumbergh"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Skintoxication"]there needs to be video of this[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]



and HE needs to post it on MABB[/quote]
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Post Reply