fake amps

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

fake amps

Post by Mesarthim »

Image



oh Immortal....



but seriously do other bands ever do this? I'm pretty sure pantera used to.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: fake amps

Post by zim »

wow, i never knew or would have guessed those were fake. is this common?



:mmno:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: fake amps

Post by Lavabug »

Very common. Slayer do this as well:

Image

Really most bands only mic 1 or 2 cabs (or double-mic one cab) and send it through a mixer. Manowar is the only band I know that actually uses that ridiculous amount of power straight from their amps on stage. All men play on ten!
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: fake amps

Post by vO)))id »

I think the best thing is that they use fake Marshall amps, and actually play over Engl. :xx:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: fake amps

Post by zim »

If I owned an Engl I would proudly show that mofo :bang:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: fake amps

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zimberly"]If I fondled an Engl I would proudly show that mofo :bang:[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: fake amps

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

:malmsteen:





Image
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: fake amps

Post by Hugo. »

Didnt queen used to blast through a wall of Vox ac30s? Thats a vintage win :xx:
Image
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: fake amps

Post by FUKKET »

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
baron von blondle
Ancient One
Posts: 3660
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
Location: In Trouble
Contact:

Re: fake amps

Post by baron von blondle »

I've known drummers to use trigger pads hidden behind fucking huge bass drums too.



ubergay.
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: fake amps

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

If I would have the occasion, I admit I'd use too a wall of fake marshalls to create "majesty" on stage :xx:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: fake amps

Post by M.Bison »

I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.
Image
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: fake amps

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Didnt queen used to blast through a wall of Vox ac30s? Thats a vintage win :xx:[/quote]







Image







:xx: :xx: :xx:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: fake amps

Post by Hugo. »

Fuck yes! :xx:
Image
User avatar
supa tuna
Ancient One
Posts: 4496
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
Location: The compound

Re: fake amps

Post by supa tuna »

[quote name="M.Bison"]I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.[/quote]
Image

Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: fake amps

Post by zim »

[quote name="'zilla"]
[quote name="M.Bison"]I honestly don't see the appeal of this. It looks fucking gay. I'd definitely prefer to have a single beat up old cab, the 'real' amp and a shitload of ugly ass rack gear on display, the real tools that make the sound.[/quote][/quote]



qft



:bang:

Image
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
supa tuna
Ancient One
Posts: 4496
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
Location: The compound

Re: fake amps

Post by supa tuna »

white shoes :bang:
Image

Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: fake amps

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="'zilla"]white shoes :bang:[/quote]
Image
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: fake amps

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="'zilla"]white shoes :bang:[/quote][/quote]
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Post Reply